Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 20:54   #46
Senior - BHPian

@Sajo - the mileage will improve after 5k kms & then will more or less stabalise around 10k mark on the odo, so dont worry
Old 13th June 2010, 14:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Some Pics..!

The instrument pod :

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0174.jpg

Nice to have :

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0175.jpg

Center console :

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0181.jpg

Sorry guys, I am trying to upload more pics, but I am getting the connection reset error constantly. I got loads of them.
Old 13th June 2010, 15:09   #48
Senior - BHPian

The stock upholstery, which is actually darker than it appears in the pics :

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0184.jpg

The center stack looks well integrated with the OE sound system.

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0186.jpg

The gearshift deserves a special mention here. Its outstandingly smooth and slick. Its a pleasure to slot it into its place. The second gear feels nice in traffic being quite a bit tractable, while the third offers similar flexibility on the highway.

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0187.jpg

The ashtray and the nice little remote (not yet used, note the plastic) which comes with the OE stereo. The stereo is quite average as all OE stereos go.
Note to self : Upgrade the speakers with the next injected dose of Vitamin M.

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0189.jpg

The 12V lighter socket. Placement is nice and convenient as you can place your instruments being charged in the cubbyholes around.

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0190.jpg

Miscellaneous Switchgear :

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0192.jpg

Mix of round and angular AC vents.

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0193.jpg

An electric adjustment here would have been nice, but this would do.

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0194.jpg

The door pocket is small and can just about hold a small bottle. Useful only for storing receipts and small knick-knacks.

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0196.jpg

Some People may think that the power window switches are really el-cheapo. To tell you the truth, they dont appear all that bad to me compared to the competition.

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0197.jpg

Boot certainly not the best in its class, but would do for now.

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0198.jpg

I am not really happy with the quality of the mats which are quite expensive for what you get. Also, they tend to bunch up below the pedals hampering the clutch movement sometimes. Any idea what I can do to tack them in place ?

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0199.jpg

Seat is height adjustable , a nice feature to have. Solves a lot of awkward foot placement problems many people face. Mats are dirty as its been raining here for the past couple of days.

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0202.jpg

The much maligned (on the forum) stock 185/70 R14 JK-Vectras. I must say, they do produce some rolling noise on the highway, especially since the rest of the car is quite silent.

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0207.jpg

All in all, I am quite happy with my purchase for now. Next week I will book her for the first service.

Things yet to get : Sun film, but I am trying to sell the idea to myself first. Not yet entirely comfortable with the idea. Some decent mats too, preferably which hold on to the floor much better than the OE ones.

Maruti Swift ZXi (2010) 1.2L K-Series : 7 year update-img_0200.jpg
Old 13th June 2010, 17:01   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice update there. How do you feel about the head light and the fog lights together?

With my experience, the fogs are good for the city, but on the highway, the headlights are no where near to be even good enough. In rain, the less said the better?

Any upgrades planned for the headlights?
Old 13th June 2010, 17:49   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post

With my experience, the fogs are good for the city, but on the highway, the headlights are no where near to be even good enough. In rain, the less said the better?

Any upgrades planned for the headlights?
Yes, now that you have said it, the headlamps do seem to have a pretty average throw in the night on the highway. I used to think its only me.
As of now, I have no headlight upgrade planned , wont it affect the warranty ?
Old 14th June 2010, 11:39   #51
Senior - BHPian

Starting yesterday evening, I am hearing a slight whooshing sound whenever the suspension has to go over humps/irregularities.
It is not evident at all when windows are rolled up with the AC on. Only if I am driving with the windows rolled down and its otherwise very silent on the road.

Is it something I should be worried about before its first servicing ?
Old 14th June 2010, 15:32   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Starting yesterday evening, I am hearing a slight whooshing sound whenever the suspension has to go over humps/irregularities.
It is not evident at all when windows are rolled up with the AC on. Only if I am driving with the windows rolled down and its otherwise very silent on the road.

Is it something I should be worried about before its first servicing ?
I think the sound you are referring to is normal. That is your suspensions at work I am also hearing the same on my Swift diesel, just completed 500kms. However, just confirm with the A.S.S during the first service and please post their response. Happy swift-ing
Old 15th June 2010, 15:13   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I think the sound you are referring to is normal. That is your suspensions at work
Yes, its most certainly the suspension at work, what worries me is that I never heard that sound before that day. Will get it checked, just to be sure.

BTW, the car is on its second tankful with above ODO reading. I think I will give the car some rest for some days. I am a bit paranoid yesterday after our other car (Tata Indigo) took in some water in yesterday's heavy downpour. It spluttered a bit, but then carried on and got my dad home nevertheless.
Old 19th June 2010, 15:52   #54
Senior - BHPian

First Service done!

Just back from my car's first servicing. It was done at the dealer's workshop in Katraj, ie, Chowgule's , located just before the Katraj Ghat begins. I was pleasantly surprised at the friendly customer service. Being Tata owners for the past 10 years, I simply didnt know such levels of customer friendliness were possible. There was a minor rattle (or rather, a buzz) from the driver site seat belt side, but that has been taken care off. There is a customer lounge from which you can see your vehicle being serviced in one of the express bays. The car was thoroughly cleaned and vacuumed from the inside as well as outside. They even marked my driving position and left it exactly as it was when I came to collect the car! Full marks to Chowgule MASS for that. I am definitely going back there! Forgot to add : I was charged exactly Rs.0 for the first servicing.
Old 22nd June 2010, 19:39   #55
agm
BHPian

Nice pictures Sato .

Good that you satisfied with the A*S , which is maruti's biggest plus point .

Can you please share more about your driving experiences, mileage etc as you now done with the first service.

Old 23rd June 2010, 19:42   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice pictures Sato .
Thanks!

Quote:
Good that you satisfied with the A*S , which is maruti's biggest plus point .
First impression was very good. Lets see if they can keep the same up in the subsequent servicings.

Quote:
Can you please share more about your driving experiences, mileage etc as you now done with the first service.

I havent calculated the new mileage yet.. You see, its still on its second tankful! I will post some more experiences hopefully over the weekend,( if I am not working!)
Old 23rd June 2010, 19:58   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

The ashtray and the nice little remote (not yet used, note the plastic) which comes with the OE stereo. The stereo is quite average as all OE stereos go.
Note to self : Upgrade the speakers with the next injected dose of Vitamin M.
First and foremost, congrats, and happy motoring in your new swift.
Is the remote for the stereo retro-fitted or did it come with the car from the factory?
Old 23rd June 2010, 20:00   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
First and foremost, congrats, and happy motoring in your new swift.
Is the remote for the stereo retro-fitted or did it come with the car from the factory?
Nope, its not retro-fitted. Comes with the factory stereo.
Old 24th June 2010, 00:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

For the floor mats, think about sticking Velcro. There is a kind of Velcro that has an adhesive back (so you don't have to sew it on). Stick it to the floor and the corresponding part on the mat. That should work.
Old 26th June 2010, 12:34   #60
Senior - BHPian

FE update :

After the first servicing, the seatbelt rattle has gone away. The problem of bunching mats under the pedals also seems to have gone away, the service station seems to have fitted them up again rather nicely.

Just calculated her mileage. We traversed 432 Kms in 33.72 L of fuel, returning an overall efficiency of 12.8 Kms.
Its down a bit from my first tankful (13.5) , but I did a lot of bumper to bumper driving this time around. All numbers are with AC.

This time around I am waiting to check if it a belly full of Shell makes any difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks