Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2012, 22:21   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Linea 1.4 (E+) - 1 year ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Thanks for the periodic updates.

Does it run like an aged car now?
Hey Gemi. Frankly; save for the odd rattle (certainly annoying. Especially from the front driver side door and "parcel tray". Loud music whilst driving highly recommended) ; its good as new.

She has completed a shade over 51000 kms now and going strong. Tyres (current set - GT3s) are begining to squeal and would probably need a change soon (respectable tread remains though); planning for Michelins this time round.

I plan to get her serviced over the thanksgiving weekend. Expect more updates then. Thanks for your comments.
Old 15th November 2012, 22:23   #212
Senior - BHPian

FE Update

Tank full to tank full - 13.50 kmpl
As per MID - 14.10 kmpl
Average speed - 30 kmph

This is 40% city and 60% highway(ish) driving with 30% AC usage.
Old 6th December 2012, 01:40   #213
Senior - BHPian

FE Update

Tank full to tank full - 15.27 kmpl
As per MID - 16.50 kmpl
Average speed - 37 kmph

This is 30% city and 70% highway(ish) driving with 10% AC usage.
Old 11th December 2012, 23:43   #214
Senior - BHPian

The car has done a shade over 52000 kms. I need to get her serviced (4th service now) ASAP. A few things I need to get checked / fixed:
  • One of the front fog lamps' bulb needs replacement; as does the rear no. plate bulb.
  • An overzealous uncle ji in a wagon R rammed into the car from behind; at least at 50 kmph. The bumper is slightly misaligned. Need to get that looked at (thinking about the condition of his wagon R makes me smile though ).
  • The suspension makes a bit of a squeaky noise every time it goes over a hump. Ball bearings / bushes to be replaced? Anything else possible?
  • Need to get the interiors "dry cleaned" and the exterior polished. Suggestions for a good place in Delhi / NCR?
  • Rattle from the rear parcel tray and front right door (ANNOYING).
  • The clutch seems to be not so very smooth in operation. I tried the tests required to check for clutch wear (eg - shift to 4th gear from standstill and see if the car stalls). Happy to report; no issue. I am afraid that the clutch slave cylinder could be acting up again.
  • Tyre alignment. Also; the tyres do not have much life left. will replace them by Jan. Thinking of energy XM1+; stock size.
  • The brakes seem to be losing a teeny bit of a bite. Or it could be owing to the tyres. Will get it checked. I am on my original set by the way.
  • Its time to replace the battery too I guess (been almost 4 years now).
I made the mistake of going to that service center in Gurgaon (Delta?) as it was quite close to where I stay. Shoddy is the politest way I can describe their ......... workmanship .

Not this time around. I have to get it serviced by "Sharma Ji" (of the Elegant motors fame). He is now with Him motors (Patparganj; not Peeraghari). "nkapoor" also mentioned this a few pages back. OP Sharma is apparently the best in the business.

Now this center (Him motors) is around 40 kms from where I stay. Plus; I understand Sharma ji's reputation has spread in the Fiat community like wild fire. It seems they are usually overbooked. I called him today for an appointment (gave him T-BHP's reference; which he totally acknowledged); and pat came the reply - "please wait for a bit. We are quite overbooked. I too am on leave and will join post 22nd. I would suggest bringing in your vehicle then". I was disappointed; but I agreed. If all goes as planned; I ll take the car over on 24th. Lets see how it goes.

Strange na; in this day and age; we cannot just pick a service center that is convenient to go to (Techno motors in quite close to where I stay. But I have heard only horrible things about them); & on top of that need to wait for days together to get a simple service done. I guess the term "adherence to standards; across the board" does not apply to Fiat. Silly people.
Old 28th December 2012, 17:28   #215
Senior - BHPian

Ridonculous

Thats it; I m done!!!

I called up Mr Sharma on the 24th and to my surprise; another gentleman answered the phone. I was informed that mr Sharma has resigned and he (the one I was talking to) was the new supervisor at Him Motors (Patparganj).

I am tired of chasing phantoms. I am going to see the guy at "Yashwant Place" to get my car serviced tomorrow. He handles Bimmers and Mercs (Embassy cars) every other day and one of my friends gets both his cars serviced from him regularly. I guess he will be able to handle a lil ol' Fiat.

Fingers crossed; wish me luck guys. Will keep you posted on the service experience; costs et al.
Old 3rd January 2013, 19:04   #216
Senior - BHPian

FE Update

Tank full to tank full - 14.96 kmpl
As per MID - 16.20 kmpl
Average speed - 36 kmph

This is 30% city and 70% highway(ish) driving with 30% AC usage (heating).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks