Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 16:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Karan, I liked your way of narrating things, straight from heart. No wonder you bought Linea 1.4

By the way any information on FE??
Old 4th June 2010, 17:42   #17
BHPian

Very good writeup. I am looking forward to your ownership experience.
Old 4th June 2010, 18:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Very good writeup. I am looking forward to your ownership experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Congrats Karan, I liked your way of narrating things, straight from heart. No wonder you bought Linea 1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Great write up.

I would say an honest one, congratulations.

Keep rolling Iam glued.
Thanks a ton for your comments guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
By the way any information on FE??
Anywhere between 12.5 to 13 kmpl. 100% AC (set usually in the 22 - 25 degree range), approximately 25% highway and 75% city. In my writeup, I plan to fully cover my driving style, usual traffic situation, daily running etc (I have completed close to 19k kms thus far).
Old 4th June 2010, 18:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant write up straight from the heart. Waiting for the next installment.
Old 5th June 2010, 08:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Great writeup mate ... Linea is surely a eye catcher. I also wanted to buy Linea but due to budget constraints i settled for Dzire Vxi. No regret for that but

Anyways post photos my friend. Did you done any long trip with it? How was exp?
Old 5th June 2010, 10:24   #21
BHPian

Beautifully written review. 5 stars to you sir.
Old 5th June 2010, 12:09   #22
BHPian

Very good write up about buying experience. Specially the joke of your friend on Accent, was funny. Now waiting for ownership experience.
Old 5th June 2010, 22:21   #23
BHPian

Very good write up.
Looking forward to your 1 year ownership experience
Old 6th June 2010, 07:23   #24
Team-BHP Support

Good going... Looking for the details now. And also some pictures!
Old 6th June 2010, 09:50   #25
BHPian

lovely writeup. Like a true Dilliwala. Enjoy your ride and do let us know about the maintainence and if any probs you faced with the car.
Old 6th June 2010, 10:30   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Friend - Tujhe pata hai tere order place karne ke baad kya hoga? "Accent ki factory" mein ek letter jaayega speed post se. Wahaan foreman letter kholega, khush ho jaayega. Bhaag ke apne workers ko neend se uthaayega aur bolega, " Bhaiyon, Accent ka order aaya hai. Jaldi se banaao".
This is really funny
Superb write-up. Looking forward to your one year ownership and some pics.
Old 6th June 2010, 16:48   #27

nice writeup there karan...
keep it coming !!
Old 7th June 2010, 14:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

She' here, and she is not silver :

After paying the booking amount, the butterflies in the stomach feeling was everpresent. No matter what I did, I could not stop thinking about my car. But I was kinda pacified by the thought that SBI will take another 15 - 20 days (this, after my dad has been an SBI employee for over 35 years) to process. The Waiting period was anyways quoted around a month / month and a half. Even then, I made it a point to bug the then GM of BUB (Mr Khan) every few days. He was courteous and showed a lot of patience with me. Though he is not with Fiat any more, I wish him all the best for his future endeavors.

Sometime in march though, one of my colleagues, who stays at Pashan (quite close to BUB showroom), told me he saw a White Linea at the showroom and it was GORGEOUS. He was grinning like someone was going to gift him a Linea for free. I asked him to clam down. He refused and his grin became wider (if that was possible). "You HAVE to come to the showroom with me tomorrow", he said. I agreed.

And sure enough, early on day 2, I called up Mr. Khan (the lady sales rep hated me for it) and asked him to see me at 10 am. Well there she was, gleaming white beauty. The silver had NOTHING on it. I almost screamed out loud - "Mr Khan. My Linea has to be white. I do not want a silver one. White please, white white white white". He looked at me and gave out a sigh - "Sir", he said, "white has only just been introduced. This will bump up your waiting period a little more. Could be 15 days, could be a month also. I want to make this clear. A silver one I gaurantee will be with you within 15 days". I was not listening though. I could see his lips moving but all my senses were locked on the white Linea. "You will be mine".

Later, my colleague told me what Mr Khan had said about the wait period (he could see me dazed back at the showroom, with a long trail of saliva hanging from my mouth). I could not care less. I do not buy cars everyday. Whats a few more days ....... nothing. I will wait. It is well worth it.

But all that was about to change. The long wait it seems was not what the universe had destined for me. Sometime around the last week of March, I got a call from Mr Khan himself. He had some urgent news and boy was that music to my ears - "Mr Puri, one of our customers who had booked a white Linea E+ has now cancelled his booking. If you are willing, this car can be yours. But I cannot hold this any longer than 5 days. Would you be able to confirm if you can make the full payment in such time"? Just a day ago, my SBI loan came through. Some timing, huh?

Within the next couple of days, finished off all the formalities at SBI (and boy they have a truckload of formalities). I filled in crazy amount of paperwork. I think someone in SBI should be jailed for this. That one form must have cost us a forest. Page after page after page of information to be filled. They excused me from the "details of your past life" section for which I am very thankful.

Anyhow, without much fuss, The car was delivered to me on 4th Apr (I think. I am very bad with remembering important dates). It all went along smoothly. Mr Khan was quick to add that this was the first White Linea delivered in Pune. I want to believe him.

The lady sales rep was (trying) to explain the features of the car. Here's how that went :

Blue n me : "Saarr, cannot connect phone. Dont know why it is not happening. Maybe because we are in basement so could be signal problem. "Ya, bluetooth can be tricky that way", I said.

Auto climate control :

Me - Why do we have these 2 buttons here? One says "Auto", the other has the "ice crystal" or aircon symbol on it?
Rep - Yes sir, we press auto, then you see the screen? It is "full auto".
Me - OK, what does the other button do?
Rep - Now screen says "auto".
Me - OK, whats the difference between "auto" and "full auto"?
Rep - No no saarr, see again. Autooooooo ...... FULLLL autoooo.
Me - Umm, ya but ......
Rep - See sir, Autoooooo, Fulll AUTOOOOOOO
ME - Thats not what I want to ......
Rep - Autoooooooo, Fullll Auto
Me - Thank you. That was great.

I drove out of the showroom with my colleague, all smiles. I was surprised how quickly I got used to the indicator stalk on the "wrong side". I guess since I had not driven for about 4 months, I had forgotten where the stalks were "supposed" to be. I drove straight to the chatursinghi temple. There was one panditji and his helper was a physically challenged man. However, they both did the pooja very nicely. Made sure I did things the right way. My comparison here was the pooja of my Santro in Delhi. I think it lasted 1 min. This is completely OT, but I could not help admire the spirit of that physically challenged fellow. He had this thing about himself which told me he took pride in what he did. It just added to the overall experience.

After the pooja, I went straight to my colleague's house (he had accompanied me all thoughout the buying process). I really wanted to show my nayi gaadi to someone. I missed my family that day. I missed them a lot.

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 7th June 2010 at 14:04.
Old 7th June 2010, 14:42   #29
BHPian

You have me in splits dude, this is amazing!

Sab linea wale pagal hotein hain. This is from one linea owner to another
pradster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2010, 14:52   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
You have me in splits dude, this is amazing!

Sab linea wale pagal hotein hain. This is from one linea owner to another
We're not mad. We're, lets just say, different from the rest.

I mentally (I get your point now!) kick myself, everytime I see a white Linea in the street.
coloneljasi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks