Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2017, 14:51   #436
BHPian

re: VW Polo 1.6 MPI - Ownership Report EDIT: 1,30,000 km up!

Another quick update @ 93K Kms. The clutch had started slipping and gear shifts had lost the smoothness with the level refusing to in sometimes. The problem was identified to be due to the worn out clutch plate and weakened pressure plates - so had to go for a replacement. With the new clutch, the car has regained its lost urge to accelerate and is also showing initial signs of an improved FE. Will share the real life FE figures after driving a few tank fulls.
sadnabrina is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 17:18   #437
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me procuring a body kit for my VW Polo 1.6? I don't want anything fancy but I like the one which was available on the Polo SR. Unfortunately this kit is not available anymore from VW.

Any suggestions?
Old 3rd May 2017, 09:24   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Another quick update @ 93K Kms.
What were the expenses for the clutch work ?
Old 11th July 2017, 14:11   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
What were the expenses for the clutch work ?
Sorry for a delayed response. The expenses were around 15K.
Old 4th April 2018, 16:49   #440
BHPian

Update @100,000 KMs

The suspension setup and steering rack had become quite noisy with road vibrations reaching the steering wheel. Went in for a 1 Lakh km suspension checkup and ended up changing both the lower arms and link rods along with some bolts/nuts. They also did some work on the steering rack to fix up the vibration issue. Total bill was around 14.5 K.

With the new Polo no where in sight and VW's focus on the hatch market moving from performance to FE (1L 3 pot petrol), I have decided to keep the 1.6 for a few more years. So the immediate work list I have in mind are -

1) New Tyres
2) New seat covers
3) Fix up vibration - noise coming from the door panel and dash
4) Change the rear bumper - had a crack since long
5) Upgrade to the twin barrel head lamp setup from the current H4 single barrel unit
sadnabrina is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 20:21   #441
BHPian

Problem!
I have a funny problem since the last week or two. When I turn off ignition with the headlight switch in "ON" position (Main beam or parking), the wipers automatically start running. It goes on running even after taking the key out and locking the car.
The VW service center tells me this is a BCM (body control module) problem and I need to get it replaced.

Anyone any pointers?
Old 10th January 2019, 20:30   #442
BHPian

Quote:

Anyone any pointers?
Before fiddling/replacing the whole BCM, why don't you change the headlight switch and see if the problem resolves, alternatively the wiper switch module could be swapped and checked?
Rshrey22 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 11:11   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
Before fiddling/replacing the whole BCM, why don't you change the headlight switch and see if the problem resolves, alternatively the wiper switch module could be swapped and checked?
Done that. The problem persists even after changing the headlight switch and wiper switch.

In addition, the error details from OBD - "3583 6 Windshield wiper motor activation (1/2 speed) - Short circuit to B+ Intermittent".
Old 22nd January 2019, 11:18   #444
BHPian

!! UPDATE !!

Problem identified and resolved - thanks to T-BHP in house VAG modification/upgrade expert and moderator Gannu_1.

The issue was identified to be a failure of the BCM (Body Control Module).

Gannu_1 had a spare BCM post his BCM upgrade - thread reference - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post3833881 (VW Polo DIY: Upgrading the BCM (Body Control Module)). When I contacted him with the problem, he immediately volunteered to ship his stock BCM to me to try it out and rule out BCM issue.
Since it was a straight swap (same part number), I simply replaced the BCM and bingo! the problem vanished. I did not change any coding and had only to adapt the remote keys (Note - both the keys need to be adapted again after BCM replacement).

My wholehearted appreciation for your gesture Gannu_1.
sadnabrina is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 17:32   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Update @100,000 KMs

The suspension setup and steering rack had become quite noisy with road vibrations reaching the steering wheel. Went in for a 1 Lakh km suspension checkup and ended up changing both the lower arms and link rods along with some bolts/nuts. They also did some work on the steering rack to fix up the vibration issue. Total bill was around 14.5 K.

With the new Polo no where in sight and VW's focus on the hatch market moving from performance to FE (1L 3 pot petrol), I have decided to keep the 1.6 for a few more years. So the immediate work list I have in mind are -

1) New Tyres
2) New seat covers
3) Fix up vibration - noise coming from the door panel and dash
4) Change the rear bumper - had a crack since long
5) Upgrade to the twin-barrel headlamp setup from the current H4 single barrel unit
Hello Sir, have you carried out these modifications? I'd like to know the difference the twin-barrel headlamp made, some photos if possible and the costs involved

Last edited by navin : 24th May 2020 at 20:25. Reason: quotes and spelling
Old 9th December 2021, 09:56   #446
BHPian

Re: VW Polo 1.6 MPI - Ownership Report EDIT: 1,30,000 km up!

Update:
1.3 lakhs completed. 11 years 3 months.
Started using Indian Oils' XP95 a few fills back and the engine seems to have become smoother and more responsive. It does not feel a 11 year old car at all.
It is originally designed to run on RON 95, so I think XP 95 is able to extract optimum performance from it.

VW Polo 1.6 MPI - Ownership Report EDIT: 1,30,000 km up!-img_20211204_163718102.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManasN95 View Post
Hello Sir, have you carried out these modifications? I'd like to know the difference the twin-barrel headlamp made, some photos if possible and the costs involved
I did all the other updates, but did not try the twin-barrel HL. Did a bulb upgrade to a 100/130 W (via a relay) and is working good for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks