Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2013, 11:59   #61
BHPian

Re: My Maruti WagonR CNG. EDIT : 50,000 kms up!

Hello SYRAVI,

Awesome thread!! I was glued till end and gone through all your experiences.
I bought WagonR CNG in April 2013 - The New Gen. I have done 2100Kms and first service was done at 1000kms.

So far I am getting CNG filling around 7.8 to 8.4Kgs at 200 cm pressure. I am getting 26-27Kms as city average with 100% AC and start on Petrol. I do not run vehicle on Petrol unless I am with Empty CNG Tank.
I did a long drive to Mumbai on Expressways where I drove at 80-90KM/H at stretch , there I got 30Km/Kg from Pune to Mumbai and 29Km/Kg from Mumbai to Pune. This calculation is purely on CNG TankFul to Tank Empty(once the indicator on Dash glows) .
I have not calculated average on Petrol Yet. This weekend i am going to Kolhapur where CNG pumps are not available. I will do a Tankful for CNG and also Petrol so that on a 500-600kms weekend trip I can check average of CNG and Petrol both .
I am very much happy after buying this car. After first M800(sold) and then Swift Dezire Diesel , this is my 3rd Maruti car. In between I built a 4X4 jeep as well .This is specially for my wife but she is still in learning Car driving so I am using it. Good for "Run In " period.

I like to preserve and maintain Cars well even though I drive a lot. M800 -145K Kms in 7 Years, Dezire 75K Kms in 2.5 Yrs.
I am planning to change Engg.Oil, Oil Filter,Air Filter and may be Gear Oil in second Service even though Maruti service manual do not recommend it. I had done it for Dezire and M800 and these Cars remained in Top class condition always. I was getting very good average from them - M800-19Km and Dezire 20Kms with 100% AC ON. What is your suggestion?

Few suggestions in your thread are really good for us. Keep updating us .

Thanks.
Old 25th May 2013, 15:09   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Hello SYRAVI,

Awesome thread!! I was glued till end and gone through all your experiences.
I bought WagonR CNG in April 2013 - The New Gen. I have done 2100Kms and first service was done at 1000kms.

So far I am getting CNG filling around 7.8 to 8.4Kgs at 200 cm pressure. I am getting 26-27Kms as city average with 100% AC and start on Petrol. I do not run vehicle on Petrol unless I am with Empty CNG Tank.
I did a long drive to Mumbai on Expressways where I drove at 80-90KM/H at stretch , there I got 30Km/Kg from Pune to Mumbai and 29Km/Kg from Mumbai to Pune. This calculation is purely on CNG TankFul to Tank Empty(once the indicator on Dash glows) .
I have not calculated average on Petrol Yet. This weekend i am going to Kolhapur where CNG pumps are not available. I will do a Tankful for CNG and also Petrol so that on a 500-600kms weekend trip I can check average of CNG and Petrol both .
I am very much happy after buying this car. After first M800(sold) and then Swift Dezire Diesel , this is my 3rd Maruti car. In between I built a 4X4 jeep as well .This is specially for my wife but she is still in learning Car driving so I am using it. Good for "Run In " period.

I like to preserve and maintain Cars well even though I drive a lot. M800 -145K Kms in 7 Years, Dezire 75K Kms in 2.5 Yrs.
I am planning to change Engg.Oil, Oil Filter,Air Filter and may be Gear Oil in second Service even though Maruti service manual do not recommend it. I had done it for Dezire and M800 and these Cars remained in Top class condition always. I was getting very good average from them - M800-19Km and Dezire 20Kms with 100% AC ON. What is your suggestion?

Few suggestions in your thread are really good for us. Keep updating us .

Thanks.
Ricky, I really dont feel you should go for the oil, filter changes etc. Just go by the manual. The technical guys know their world better than us. You are probably a maintenance freak like me! And I am sure it is the way you handle the car that is making all the difference (no hard braking, no quick turns, no zero to 100s in 10 seconds, driving at optimum speeds of 70 kmph - it is these things that add to mileage). But the one advice that y ou should follow is clean the air filter regularly. Replace this after 10,000 and earlier if it has become very dirty. You should also change the spark plugs after ever 20,000 kms. If you read my experience on fuel injectors, you must drive at least 3 kms on petrol every day to prevent them from clogging. Just stop and start at CNG was a practice that landed me with all three injectors choked. Also make sure you have 4 years warranty with you. It is a must to protect your interest.

Wish you happy driving!
Old 11th February 2014, 17:11   #63
BHPian

Re: My Maruti WagonR CNG. EDIT : 80,000 kms up!

Hi Folks,

Here's a renewed 80,000 service update on my Wagon R CNG LXI. It is over 3 years and 3.5 months since I bought the car and it continues to give me great service and I feel is worth the investment.

To summarize, here are the problems and replacements I faced till date:

All three injectors failed at 40,000 and were replaced free of cost
The AC blower resistance failed at 40,000 and consequently the blower worked only at speeds of 3 and 4. This was replaced free of cost
Rubber component and a shocker arm of the front suspension was changed free of cost at 40,000
Front two tyres were replaced by me as they were worn out. Changed them at 70,000 at Rs. 10,000
The rear two tyres are just OK and will have to be changed before the onset of summer. So maybe they will have run 90,000 kms by then

So I had quite a bit of small niggling problems that were changed free of cost and much to my delight.

At 80,000 I was exiting from the 4 year or 80,000 warranty and so I decided to give the car a thorough check in the hope that if anything was wrong, I would be serviced free of cost. Also the resistance of the blower had fused again. The clutch was beginning to feel very hard during the rush hour.

I checked in at the Maruti Company Owned Workshop at Naraina. They gave a detailed check up and this is what they suggested:

Clutch needs to be repaired - Estimated cost Rs. 7000. Chargeable fully as it is not covered by warranty. I refused to get it replaced because I felt there is still 20-30,000 life left in it. Asked at MAS and they told me they would replace it for Rs. 4000 (nearly half the cost).

Front suspension weak, needs rework. Estimated cost Rs. 15000. Chargeable as this warranty is only given till 60,000 kms. Post which only the engine and gear box are covered till 80,000. Refused the suggestion becuause I felt it can go another 20-30000 as it was not even making a noise over bumpy tracks.

Front right bearing making a sound, needs to be replaced. Cost Rs. 1500, chargeable. Didnt feel the sound was loud enough to go for a change. Deferred it and will get it changed along with suspension.

Right axle boot oil and seal rupture, got it replaced for Rs 1500 as it would have affected the axle.

AC blower resistance changed for Rs. 500 (not covered in warranty after 60,000 kms). The same resistance can be changed by an MAS for Rs 250.

I paid Rs 8,850 for the following things:
  • Throttle body cleaning
  • Engine oil replacement
  • Oil and air filter replacement
  • Coolant replacement along with radiator rinse and cleaning
  • Brake check
  • Car wash
  • One rear bulb replace
  • Right axle boot changed along with gear oil top up
  • Car wash
  • AC resistance replaced
  • Wheel alignment and balancing
  • Pollution check
  • Spark Plugs (3) replaced

I refused:
  • Suspension overhaul
  • Front right bearing
  • Clutch replacement
Please note that all the three above are not in perfect condition which is why I went for a thorough check up. But they might have another 20,000-30,000 kms left in them.

My observation:
Maruti Company Owned showroom charges double of what MASS people charge.
The car warranty is practically useless after 60,000 kms and expires at 4 years whichever is less. So I did not gain anything for my 4th year cover because it expired 9 months before it was due. Only if you are unlucky enough to have a gear problem or an engine bust would you gain, but I would still go for it if I were given a choice because my 3rd year driving was nearly at 100 kms a day on an average which led to the kms running out long before expected.

At Rs. 50.50 the CNG looked periliously close to Petrol on paper but because of the mileage difference and the cost difference it was still 50% cheaper to run. With the roll back Rs. 35.50 it is now approx 70% cheaper than petrol. This roll back is temporary. Post April there is an expected price rise of about Rs. 10. So fuel prices will keep fluctuating.

Despite these costs that I will incur in maintenance, I would still say Wagon R is worth every penny. And with more and more cars going with the cosmetic SUV look, this original SUV, albeit paper tiger of an SUV looks grand with its great clearance and high stance looks. And my luggage carrier gives it the added ferocity of the SUV!

Cheers! More as and when I complete more milestones.

Below are some of the personal milestones I completed with this car
  • I bought it, changed two jobs, got a good raise
  • Sent both my kids to France for their exchange program
  • Engaged both my Kids
  • Married both my kids and you can guess -all the shopping, venue finalizing, and buying and the madness that goes with it was done on this car
  • Got my novel The Quest of the Sparrows published from India's leading publication house Rupa Publication. I co-wrote it with my Son.

Happy driving!
syravi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 12:48   #64
BHPian

Hi everyone who read this blog. All those who have a Wagon R CNG should definitely read my blog on CNG Maintenance and my experiences to get better performance from their car and save their car from possible damage. If you find it worth it, you could share the knowledge I gained by reinventing the wheel, to others.

The article has been published in Team Bhp here;
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...intenance.html
syravi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 10:36   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syravi View Post
Hi Folks,

Here's a renewed 80,000 service update on my Wagon R CNG LXI.

All three injectors failed at 40,000 and were replaced free of cost

Below are some of the personal milestones I completed with this car
  • I bought it, changed two jobs, got a good raise
  • Sent both my kids to France for their exchange program
  • Engaged both my Kids
  • Married both my kids and you can guess -all the shopping, venue finalizing, and buying and the madness that goes with it was done on this car
  • Got my novel The Quest of the Sparrows published from India's leading publication house Rupa Publication. I co-wrote it with my Son.

Happy driving!

Excellent thread @syravi.
And most importantly those milestones.

I would appreciate your inputs as I need to send my CNG wagon r for its 50k service.
What all should I ensure is done apart from the basic clutch and oil change?
Old 29th March 2018, 17:54   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post

Excellent thread @syravi.
And most importantly those milestones.

I would appreciate your inputs as I need to send my CNG wagon r for its 50k service.
What all should I ensure is done apart from the basic clutch and oil change?
I would recommend the following:
Change both the CNG filters (not the air filter only, but there are 2 other CNG filters. Read my CNG filter thread)

Dont change clutch it if it ok. Do not go by the Maruti Workshop opinion but show the car to 2-3 good roadside mechanics. You can change the clutch if it is too heavy to press without this consultation

Get the injector serviced. If they are blocked then change. Drive at least 2 kilometes every day

Clean the air filter every 5000 kms. If your driving is less, then change the air filter after 5000 kilometers. Maruti recommends a filter change at 10,000

Get your throttle body cleaned. This is the reason for low pick ups. In CNG cars clean the throttle body after 20,000 kilometers

Do an engine decarbonizing if not already done

Change spark plugs every 20,000 kms. Use NGK spark plugs only. Gap should be 1mm as recommended by Maruti. Please do not settle for any other alternative spark plugs, only NGK

Change tyres if there is too much of wear

Check the wheel bearings and suspension, brakes and callipers

This should be enough. Never miss the 10,000 service mark. My car is now at 1lac 90,000 and drives like new as I never skip on CNG filter changes and services at every 10,000. Now onwards I plan service at 5000 kilometers. If you drive less than 5,000 kilometers in 6 months (I drive 10,000 in 4 months) then go for a service after every 6 months irrespective of kilometers.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Ravie
Old 8th April 2021, 12:14   #67
BHPian

Wagon R CNG sluggish in petrol mode

Hello Bhpians! I have 2014 MY Wagon R CNG (factory Fitted) which has run 99100 Kms till date mostly in Delhi-NCR. I and my brother are primary users of the car. The car is on its 3rd set of tyres, original Clutch and suspensions. One of the ignition coils was replaced at 80K. After 40k service, I have been servicing the car at a FNG using OEM Air/Oil Filters and Synthetic Engine Oil (Mobil 1) every 8-9K Kms.

Since the last 15-20 Thousand Kms, I have felt that the response is dull while the car is in running on petrol mode. Its like the car takes a few seconds to respond after we press the accelerator. While running on CNG the car is comparatively okay.

I was just checking the maintenance schedule(petrol) it says we have to replace fuel filter at 40K and 80K which hasn't been changed.
Further it says that i have to replace water pump belt at 80k.

I also intend to replace both CNG filters in the next service for which I intend to go to a MASS.

My question is whether I am missing anything? and what are the other thing which could be wrong ?

All suggestions are welcome.

(Mods: please merge this post to an appropriate thread)
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti WagonR CNG. EDIT : 50,000 kms up!-petrol-service.jpg  

My Maruti WagonR CNG. EDIT : 50,000 kms up!-cng-schedule.jpg  

Old 8th April 2021, 16:15   #68
BHPian

re: Wagon R CNG sluggish in petrol mode

Hi,

As you have clocked nearly 1Lkms ODO, IMHO taking the vehicle to either a well known FNG/MASS will not be a much of a difference with respect to service operation except, you'll have to spend on a little higher side at MASS as the spares are sold at MRP and labor charges are as per the company policies.

Just decide whichever suits you the best. If you wish to take your car to the dealer, please make sure to have a test drive along with them inspect the vehicle in your presence and provide you an estimate to avoid unnecessary surprises for later.

Not to forget, do request for which day to place the vehicle for servicing so that a proper care be taken.
Old 8th April 2021, 17:53   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
My question is whether I am missing anything? and what are the other thing which could be wrong ?
You can find the answers here or grab Parag's attention on this thread.
Old 8th April 2021, 18:08   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
You can find the answers here or grab Parag's attention on this thread.
I did check out that thread before posting here! He has a legendary F10D and mine is a K10 equipped one. So I believe there will be differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpatel90 View Post
Hi,

If you wish to take your car to the dealer, please make sure to have a test drive along with them inspect the vehicle in your presence and provide you an estimate to avoid unnecessary surprises for later.

Not to forget, do request for which day to place the vehicle for servicing so that a proper care be taken.
That I will make sure! I know this service will be a costly one as the MASS will be trying to add all sorts of things.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th April 2021 at 21:07. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button while quoting and replying to multiple posts at once. Thanks.
Old 8th April 2021, 18:20   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
That I will make sure! I know this service will be a costly one as the MASS will be trying to add all sorts of things.
Waiting for some good pictures of long rides post service.
Old 12th December 2021, 21:57   #72
BHPian

I'm planning to buy a used 2013 WagonR CNG which has clocked 22,000 kms till date. It's a single owner car in pristine condition. My usage would be ~70 kms daily. What fuel efficiency figures should I expect on CNG? The usage would be a mixture of city and highway, but the car will be mostly running on 3rd/4th gear for 75% of the journey.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks