Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2013, 15:56   #466
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience. UPDATE: Stuck with warranty approv

Ashuman, it's high time you try out Fahrenheit going forward. Though I've visited them only for service and routine check up, they are much more professional than Giriraj chaps and I've invariably left with a pleasant experience, which more than makes up for the agony of driving down all the way to Moti Nagar.
bloodred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 16:22   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience. UPDATE: Stuck with warranty approv

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Ashuman, it's high time you try out Fahrenheit going forward. Though I've visited them only for service and routine check up, they are much more professional than Giriraj chaps and I've invariably left with a pleasant experience, which more than makes up for the agony of driving down all the way to Moti Nagar.
A close buddy bought a Laura DSG sometime back, i have already asked him to avoid Giriraj and Jai Auto for service. I am sure the extra effort for driving to Farenheit Auto proves worth it, going by your's and other's experience i have a big reason to believe it surely will be worth it.

The Sad part is- these Giriraj and Jai Auto(owned by same person) have sort of a monopoly over NCR region, the business they bring to Skoda India is huge and hence i believe there is not much control over these guys.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 18:37   #468
Senior - BHPian

^
Jai Auto gives the best rates when you purchase a Skoda. Buy from them BUT get it serviced from the other guys. I also heard Nawab too is also good.
Old 3rd February 2013, 21:33   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
A close buddy bought a Laura DSG sometime back, i have already asked him to avoid Giriraj and Jai Auto for service. I am sure the extra effort for driving to Farenheit Auto proves worth it, going by your's and other's experience i have a big reason to believe it surely will be worth it.

The Sad part is- these Giriraj and Jai Auto(owned by same person) have sort of a monopoly over NCR region, the business they bring to Skoda India is huge and hence i believe there is not much control over these guys.
You are absolutely right. Once i visited their workshop with my friend who had a small electrical problem with his 1 month old laura and these guys were charging few thousand rupees for a 20min labour (After having a word with the manager the fees was waived off).
Thanks to the above incident, i bought from Farenheit. They handled the DSG issue(getting neutral in manual mode) pretty well & coordinated well. I think you should try Farenheit once.

At Farenheit there was no such tie with bajaj allianz for extended warrenty when i bought. They give you an option to choose from icici, bajaj , etc. I chose icici.
Hope your issue is resolved soon.
Old 9th February 2013, 11:22   #470
Senior - BHPian

Skoda launched new features for all DSG models.
all the features I wanted in my ambiente! 16" wheels (RS Design), Bolero Music System 6.5" TFT Touch screen display, Bluetooth Prep, Bluetooth audio and GSM Phone! Steering with multi function controls, wait for it.. MaxiDot! I mean suddenly Skoda has given a shocker! and I am seriously considering to trade up my DSG ambiente for this new Ambition model. better, lets do a mega trade-in with all the DSG Ambiente owners over here and get an awesome deal mine is 1.5 yrs old and done 45k kms.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 11th February 2013 at 13:12. Reason: Please do not use more than 2 smileys per post.
Old 10th February 2013, 09:52   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.

Finally after close to 2 months of waiting my car gets a new compressor. Left the car at Giriraj Skoda for 2 days and it comes back with a new compressor, i had to pay just 1300 bucks from my pocket.

SA mentioned there will be a silent recall very soon for replacement of some valve in ac compressor which is known to fail, making the ac cooling ineffective.
.anshuman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 11:42   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Finally after close to 2 months of waiting my car gets a new compressor. Left the car at Giriraj Skoda for 2 days and it comes back with a new compressor, i had to pay just 1300 bucks from my pocket.

SA mentioned there will be a silent recall very soon for replacement of some valve in ac compressor which is known to fail, making the ac cooling ineffective.
How does a silent recall work? I mean should I wait for cooling to become ineffective or should I simply go and ask for in warranty replacement of valve?
rohitm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 08:35   #473
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Am facing a very similar issue with the Jetta. AC is simply ineffective in the Chennai heat
Old 11th February 2013, 11:00   #474
Senior - BHPian

@ajmat.

where in chennai are you facing this heat this season. Its actually pleasant these days and unless i keep the temp below 24 i do not see the compressor even getting stressed.

Anyway, if you are in chennai, go to sundaram and ask for Jegan and get this checked. It could mean that you compressor has hit the lifetime(usually around 40K) and it needs the reboot.
Old 11th February 2013, 11:34   #475
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@ajmat.

where in chennai are you facing this heat this season. Its actually pleasant these days and unless i keep the temp below 24 i do not see the compressor even getting stressed.

Anyway, if you are in chennai, go to sundaram and ask for Jegan and get this checked. It could mean that you compressor has hit the lifetime(usually around 40K) and it needs the reboot.
Was on a visit there last weekend
Old 11th February 2013, 11:35   #476
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
His car is not even a year old and first service is still not done.
Old 11th February 2013, 13:06   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was on a visit there last weekend
You were here on one of the nice week ever in this time of the year in Chennai. Its not even getting warmer to be honest.

If the difference in temp between outside and inside is less than 2-3 deg the interiors are going to feel a little warmer as the AC just throws air around with no work from the compressor.

This is what i understood in the last two three weeks. At this time of the year around 23-25 actually makes the compressor work.

With manual AC in the new jetta i would recommend coldest settings and adjust the fans accordingly the way i used to do in my old swift.

I have the ACC and hence my feedback is slightly different considering i only set the temperature and actually have never bothered to adjust fan speed or compressor speed/load.
Old 12th February 2013, 13:48   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

Am facing a very similar issue with the Jetta. AC is simply ineffective in the Chennai heat
What do VW service guys say? Get the compressor changed, they say its due to some faulty valve in compressor. The A/C in my car never stopped working completely, it was just that cooling power dropped gradually, i had to keep it at 18 even on really cold days.

After the compressor change, cooling is back to normal, i keep it at 22 all round the year and it is working great now.

I guess your Jetta has the same climatic semi automatic system as my Laura.
Old 12th February 2013, 14:01   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
it was just that cooling power dropped gradually, i had to keep it at 18 even on really cold days.

After the compressor change, cooling is back to normal, i keep it at 22 all round the year and it is working great now.

I guess your Jetta has the same climatic semi automatic system as my Laura.
Anshuman,

This "climatic" dial is fake. The numbers have nothing to do with the temperature. It's exactly like any other non-ACC unit in any other car. When you rotate to extreme position in anti-clockwise direction, it's the coldest position wherein 100% of the air blown is cold. As you rotate clockwise, ambient/hot air from the heater coil is proportinally mixed with the cold air.

So when you are on any position other than extreme cold, you are running the compressor but reducing it's effective output by mixing hot air. This is plain inefficient. If the extreme position is too cold at any time, it's better to manually switch AC on/off rather than this (of course it's an inconvinience, but way more efficient). In winters, I switch it on/off every minute or two.

Also, with this setup, the only way to test effectiveness of the compressor is to check in the extreme left (cold) position. At any other position, you are actually testing the combined effectiveness of the compressor as well as the heater coil (that too by making them work against each other).
Old 18th February 2013, 22:54   #480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye

Anshuman,

This "climatic" dial is fake. The numbers have nothing to do with the temperature.
Hi Anand
This is not correct. The numbers on the dial in the climatic Acc do signify the maintained temperature measured at the sensors located in the ac control panel (the two round circles). Though in later versions now they have omitted the numbers intentionally. The Laura climatic control unit is an intelligent one which automatically controls and regulates to the correct temperature, but as it is measured near the ac controls it is not the same as the temperature at the rear.
It is also possible to see the measured temperature at the sensors with the help of vcds.
Also the Laura ac system is a VRV - variable refrigerant volume system which means that it reduces the ac gas flow to reduce cooling and hence load on the compressor and engine as required.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks