Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2013, 12:11   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.

^ Owner's manual says Climatic A/C does maintain the set temperature, and it works brilliantly in my car, i keep the knob at 22 all year round and i never felt uncomfortable.
Old 19th February 2013, 14:29   #482
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^ Owner's manual says Climatic A/C does maintain the set temperature, and it works brilliantly in my car, i keep the knob at 22 all year round and i never felt uncomfortable.
I tried the same on a friend's Laura and Superb and the results were similar. The climate control system maintains the required temperature in the cabin and adjusts itself according to the outside conditions.

OT: Congrats on the XUV and when is the ownership thread coming up?
Old 19th February 2013, 15:26   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Anand
This is not correct. The numbers on the dial in the climatic Acc do signify the maintained temperature measured at the sensors located in the ac control panel (the two round circles). Though in later versions now they have omitted the numbers intentionally. The Laura climatic control unit is an intelligent one which automatically controls and regulates to the correct temperature, but as it is measured near the ac controls it is not the same as the temperature at the rear.
Hi Behemoth,
My usage did not reflect this + the sales guy was very candid about this. Even Skoda document says Climatic is Manual AC! I will ask this clearly to Skoda on their service website.

BTW, the the two sensors on the dash are for the security - as far as I read, I will double check.

Quote:
Anshuman,
Yes, even I feel comfortable at a certain setting but I fail to understand what's automatic about the AC in Ambient? Yours is an Ambient, am I correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I tried the same on a friend's Laura and Superb and the results were similar. The climate control system maintains the required temperature in the cabin and adjusts itself according to the outside conditions.
So you mean there is no difference between the AC in Ambient Laura and the one in Superb? The why are customers paying more for the Automatic Climate Control in the higher versions? Only for the zones?
Old 19th February 2013, 19:16   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
OT: Congrats on the XUV and when is the ownership thread coming up?
It's here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rship-log.html
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 21:21   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Isnt it supposed to work like that in all cars equipped with ACC?
works in a similar fashion in the Linea as well,and air flow\volume keeps changing on its own with change in ambient environment.Though i have a few friends with vehicles equipped with ACC,and they always over ride the manual mode,and keep the temp at 16/Lo with airflow always towards the face.
Old 19th February 2013, 21:26   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Isnt it supposed to work like that in all cars equipped with ACC?
works in a similar fashion in the Linea as well,and air flow\volume keeps changing on its own with change in ambient environment.Though i have a few friends with vehicles equipped with ACC,and they always over ride the manual mode,and keep the temp at 16/Lo with airflow always towards the face.
Its not full fledged Automatic climate control, but just a semi Automatic system which only controls temperature, other stuff like Air flow and air volume etc need to be manually regulated.

Higher variants Elegance and L&K comes with a full Automatic climate control with two separate temperature zones.
Old 27th July 2013, 20:42   #487
Senior - BHPian

@Anshu,
Been a while since your update. How is the Laura doing. Any tyre upgrades, engine remap or any long trips, any issues.

Do update us.
Old 27th July 2013, 21:05   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@Anshu,
Been a while since your update. How is the Laura doing. Any tyre upgrades, engine remap or any long trips, any issues.

Do update us.
No fresh updates as i am not driving the Laura these days, it's with my Dad at my hometown. Laura is used for some 700-800kms/month these days, i'll get Laura back to active use soon.

Nothing much to update, Laura has crossed the 50k kms marks, zero issues after the Compressor replacement.
Old 5th September 2013, 22:02   #489
Senior - BHPian

Hey I hope its appropriate to post this up here, but I wanted to get a clarification. Two days back, my Laura DSG and I met with an accident. It was two wheeler that rammed into the right side, on the highway, i braked early on but the impact caused the wheel to turn left, the car went up a footpath (elevated concrete surface) and there was a huge rock lying there, which has apparently crushed my DSG box from underneath and the car immediately leaked transmission fluid. Initial inspection shows that the gearbox casing has been damaged, mechatronic is completely unrecognisable. Although i have 12 lacs worth of IDV on my car this year, the workshop at Torque Skoda (Ahmedabad) has claimed an estimate of 6.5 lacs, only for the entire Gearbox replacement. I will be getting a full claim as I have a nil depreciation policy. But I am not sure whether the DSG box to replace is that expensive. Anyone else had such an experience where they had to replace the gearbox entirely?
Old 6th September 2013, 09:20   #490
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
. But I am not sure whether the DSG box to replace is that expensive. Anyone else had such an experience where they had to replace the gearbox entirely?
Rs 6 lakhs sounds like a lot but I would replace the gearbox considering the shock impact would have done a lot more than crack the casing
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 13:44   #491
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Anyone else had such an experience where they had to replace the gearbox entirely?
DSG boxes cost around 2.5 lac INR. I am surprised to hear 6 lac INR as the amount quoted.

Can you ask them to show you the price on their price list? That should close it.
Old 6th September 2013, 14:36   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DSG boxes cost around 2.5 lac INR. I am surprised to hear 6 lac INR as the amount quoted.

Can you ask them to show you the price on their price list? That should close it.
He did show me the price list, where it shows that the entire gearbox set is for 6.5 lacs and the mechatronic unit alone is for 1.5-2 lacs depending on the model.
Old 8th September 2013, 08:21   #493
BHPian

Breaking in TDI w/DSG motors

Had a question for those who own a Laura TDI w/DSG on the forum - what procedure did you follow to break in your engine? (The owners manual states the engine should be run-in for the first 1500kms).

Last edited by noopster : 8th September 2013 at 09:19. Reason: Mod Note: Moved to an existing thread since this query doesn't warrant a new thread
Old 8th September 2013, 10:29   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Breaking in TDI w/DSG motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh.cv View Post
Had a question for those who own a Laura TDI w/DSG on the forum - what procedure did you follow to break in your engine? (The owners manual states the engine should be run-in for the first 1500kms).
Just keep the Accelerator Inputs light and smooth, resist the urge to use the S mode.
Old 8th September 2013, 11:39   #495
BHPian

@.anshuman - thanks so much. Also, did you have to top up the engine oil in the first 5k kms or so? Reason for asking is because I'm planning on a long trip as soon as I get delivery of the vehicle and would like to prepare for that situation if necessary. Sorry if these questions sound newbie, this is going to be my first diesel and hence the basic questions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks