Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2014, 20:26   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.UPDATE-DSG Failure! No Spares avail

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
A4/3/C don't have double clutch gearboxes. A4 has a CVT, 3 has a 8speed ad and the C has a 7 speed torque convertor. All reliable.

Warranty always gets transferred from the first owner to the second. It's on the car, not the ownership.

Rohan
Not all variants of A4 have the CVT transmission, the Quattro Equipped variants get a DSG.

Regular C and 3 Series get Torque Converter transmissions their Sport variants C63 AMG and M3 get Dual Clutch Transmissions.

EDIT: The Upcoming Mercedes CLA and GLA, along with already available A Class will have Dual Clutch Transmissions. DSG is a wonderful transmission, its just the VW/Skoda service(or lack of it)that is disappointing(atleast in my case).

If they had the parts and proper communications, the car would have been delivered back within a few days, at-most a week. Hyundai had got me parts for my Elantra from Korea in no time, its not impossible.

Last edited by .anshuman : 27th September 2014 at 20:34.
Old 27th September 2014, 21:02   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Not all variants of A4 have the CVT transmission, the Quattro Equipped variants get a DSG.

Regular C and 3 Series get Torque Converter transmissions their Sport variants C63 AMG and M3 get Dual Clutch Transmissions.

EDIT: The Upcoming Mercedes CLA and GLA, along with already available A Class will have Dual Clutch Transmissions. DSG is a wonderful transmission, its just the VW/Skoda service(or lack of it)that is disappointing(atleast in my case).

If they had the parts and proper communications, the car would have been delivered back within a few days, at-most a week. Hyundai had got me parts for my Elantra from Korea in no time, its not impossible.

I think the question was regarding the average models, bought regularly. Anyways. Be that as it may, I am completely with you regarding Skodas attitude on service. It took them 45 days to replace my alternator.

Just a thought: hope they didn't screw up the gearbox oil change.
Maybe you could seek some clarifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 12:07   #543
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.UPDATE-DSG Failure! No Spares avail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dial_shishir View Post
HI Anshuman

2) If I sum up the courage to buy a 2 years old Laura and assuming it has extended warranty left on it, I dont think I would be entitled to that, right ? Any warranty regular or extended is only uptill first owner....is that correct

Thanks
When ownership of a Skoda changes, remaining warranty can get transferred to new owner. When looking for a used car, I was told by local dealership in Mumbai that the new owner needs to inform them about this change and the warranty gets transferred over. I did not experience this first hand since I later got a new car.
Old 30th September 2014, 14:41   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

Another Promised Monday passed! No Car, No Update. Hope they are not getting the Spares through Sea Cargo!

Now even the spare car at my home is gone. Its a compulsory work from home for me now! If its urgent call a cab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
I think I saw your car, is it a White Skoda Laura with team-bhp sticker?
Yes that's my car.

Quote:
Mine is also lying there from a week. I had a major problem which I updated in the other thread of Skoda technical problems. I hope Deepak is not the service adviser for your car because he just rips off the customer.
Yes, Deepak is the service advisor assigned for my car.

My car is covered under warranty but cannot say anything about Skoda Dealers, last time at the time A/C Compressor change Giriraj Auto demanded 20,000 Rupees 'Ransom' most of which was waived off after Skoda Customer Care's Intervention as they could not explain to me these charges.

Even for the A/C compressor change, documented earlier in this thread, it took them close to a month to get the required parts. Only good part was i kept my car with me and it was peak winters so i could manage without A/C.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 00:47   #545

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratika View Post
When ownership of a Skoda changes, remaining warranty can get transferred to new owner. When looking for a used car, I was told by local dealership in Mumbai that the new owner needs to inform them about this change and the warranty gets transferred over. I did not experience this first hand since I later got a new car.
I actually asked this from Skoda dealership as well and they said it cannot be transferred. Can some other learned member comment on how different brands transfer or not transfer the extended warranty to subsequent owners.

I think its mentioned in my Baleno's manual that extended warranty is only for the first owner. Also I remember in UK Kia was offering warranty transfer to second owner and it was very well advertised
Old 5th October 2014, 18:33   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

I think it's going to be sea cargo. Hyundai has category called "VOR - Vehicle Off the Road" (may be other manufacturers also have the same, I don't know). If delaer places order under VOR, it is shipped urgently (by air if required), but there is extra charge for that (to dealer) so the dealers try to avoid it.
Old 6th October 2014, 13:59   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dial_shishir View Post
I actually asked this from Skoda dealership as well and they said it cannot be transferred. Can some other learned member comment on how different brands transfer or not transfer the extended warranty to subsequent owners.

I think its mentioned in my Baleno's manual that extended warranty is only for the first owner. Also I remember in UK Kia was offering warranty transfer to second owner and it was very well advertised
I was looking at a used Superb a while back when I enquired with a local Skoda dealership (Autobahn at Andheri). Anyway, I got a new Superb earlier this year and also purchased Extended Warranty on it. If I look at the booklet for Extended Warranty it specifically says following:

Transfer of Extended Warranty Cover:
1) If ownership of the vehicle changes, the remaining/balance extended warranty period/km would be effective for the new owner.
3) "For transfer of extended warranty cover" the owner of the car will have to fill in the transfer of ownership form with details of new owner and have it stamped and signed by a Skoda exclusive authorized dealer.
4) After due approval from the Skoda exclusive authorized dealer/Skoda Auto India the extended warranty transfer to the new owner would be effective from the date of such approval for the balance unexpired period/kms.

The booklet also has blank forms for transfer of extended warranty.

I am not sure why your local Skoda dealer told you otherwise, it could be that the vehicle you were looking at didnt have extended warranty on it. I'd suggest you check with some other dealer too.
Old 7th October 2014, 10:13   #548
BHPian

Hi @.anshuman

What is the update on the car? I think its been more than 3 weeks now.
Old 7th October 2014, 11:05   #549
BHPian

^^^ I am also keen to know what the actual problem was. any update from the Skoda guys?
Old 7th October 2014, 12:34   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Hi @.anshuman

What is the update on the car? I think its been more than 3 weeks now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
^^^ I am also keen to know what the actual problem was. any update from the Skoda guys?
They have promised to deliver the car by today evening. Gear Selector Mechanism is the faulty part.

Will post complete details after the i get the car.
Old 7th October 2014, 12:41   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They have promised to deliver the car by today evening. Gear Selector Mechanism is the faulty part.

Will post complete details after the i get the car.
So has the gearbox arrived? Or the gearbox is not faulty at all?
Old 8th October 2014, 09:01   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally after spending 26 days in workshop my car is back.

Gear Shifting Mechanism(related to movement of gear lever, not the actual gear shifter) was the faulty part. The gear shift mechanism was changed under warranty at no cost to me.

After the change, when shifting through various modes the gearshift feel has changed, feels tight like a brand new car. Worskshop staff says the parking lamp switch related starting issues were due to some electronic fault in Gear Shifting Mechanism.

Good part is it was not Mechatronic failure, which is known to come back! My car's extended warranty expires next month. According to the Service adviser the part costs 16-17k Rupees. They say it is uncommon for this part to malfunction, and even the Factory had no stock. Still i find 26 days unacceptable for the car to stay in workshop for such a minor Job. The actual time taken to replace the part(According to their Labour Sheet) was 1 hour and few Minutes.

The horns on my car have been changed too with the new Louder Fanfare Horns now standard in New Octavia(not the Beep Beep Horns from Rapid/Last Batch Laura). They were working perfectly fine but SA insisted that the newer Horns have longer life and louder. They have similar sound but new Horns sound much Louder.

The wait could not have been any worse, and possibly could not have come at a worse time(Festive season and lots of other family and business commitments), still getting the car back is a big relief(a feeling only Skoda car owners can relate to). Wonderful car, Hopeless Service!

Icing on the cake, they have scratched a few interior parts with screwdriver including the chrome garnish on the DSG lever and the storage console cover.
.anshuman is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 15:53   #553
BHPian

Quote:
The horns on my car have been changed too with the new Louder Fanfare Horns now standard in New Octavia(not the Beep Beep Horns from Rapid/Last Batch Laura). They were working perfectly fine but SA insisted that the newer Horns have longer life and louder. They have similar sound but new Horns sound much Louder.
Hi Anshuman.

Glad the car is finally back and its not a gearbox issue. Did they mention why this failure occurred in the first place?

And a quick question, were the horns changed under warranty? One of the horns on my laura has stopped working and they have agreed to change it under warranty. Should I insist on replacing the horns with the fanfare ones or would they replace with the older ones?

Cheers and hope its niggle free from now on.

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 16:00   #554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Hi Anshuman.

Glad the car is finally back and its not a gearbox issue. Did they mention why this failure occurred in the first place?

And a quick question, were the horns changed under warranty? One of the horns on my laura has stopped working and they have agreed to change it under warranty. Should I insist on replacing the horns with the fanfare ones or would they replace with the older ones?

Cheers and hope its niggle free from now on.

Rohan
Hi Rohan, they are changing horns for some batches under warranty. Get the newer fanfare horns they sound much better.

Last edited by .anshuman : 8th October 2014 at 16:01.
Old 8th October 2014, 16:40   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Finally after spending 26 days in workshop my car is back.

------- Wonderful car, Hopeless Service! ---------
Skoda's diagnosis skill is suffering from a hopeless disease. However, good to know it was not a DSG failure, but puts a big question mark on the diagnostics & the procedure followed at the Skoda ASC.

Wish that your ride is trouble free for years to come and miles to add.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks