Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2012, 13:12   #691
Team-BHP Support

re: My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Experiences like these make me wonder if I should stick with the Apollos only - have had quite a satisfactory experience with them so far! Nothing exemplary so far, but still satisfying most of my requirements.
There are cases of bad apples everywhere, so depends on which poision you pick.

While i have had a rather satisfactory experience with Apollo Hawkz on my Scorpio, fellow TBHPian Traveler has had a contrasting experience with them on his Pajero.

So, be it Apollo, Yoko or Michelin they all have tales to tell.
Old 17th January 2013, 17:46   #692

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Well, you can judge for yourself: in 30000 clicks I have:
  • No rattles or creaking
  • No AC issues except the airflow problem from the middle vents that started at around 26,000 km and is being handled under warranty
I recently got the refreshed 2012 Vento AT. I'm not too pleased with it though. I'm a very passive driver and drive with a soft foot. Only after 1K on the ODO, I'm hearing creaking noises in the interior passenger driver side door panels. I would have hoped a VW to have much better build quality and thats why didn't go for the Rapid.

The AC vents in the rear are hardly effective. The climatronic seems to blow it only from the front vents. I had to go manual to get any flow from the rear vents.

Though I've gotten used to the kickdown using a soft foot, I get this weird noise when i cold crank the engine. It gives out a distinctly audible whirring noise from the transmission for some time. Once the engine warms up it becomes smooth again. Wonder if there's any issue with engine oil/transmission oil etc. I'm thinking of getting it looked at soon.
Old 28th January 2013, 13:56   #693

Hello friends - I have my first paid service on Vento-AT coming up in Feb and I received a verbal quote of Rs 12k from VW Whitefield BLR. I dont have any problems to report, have done only about 11000 km, and am doing the service based on the "INSP" display that pops up on the dash when starting. Mine is an early 2011 model but I have used it sparingly. I assume the service alert is based on elapsed time and not mileage. Does the estimate sound ok to other AT owners? Any tips are gratefully accepted
Old 28th January 2013, 16:47   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo129 View Post
Hello friends - I have my first paid service on Vento-AT coming up in Feb and I received a verbal quote of Rs 12k from VW Whitefield BLR. I dont have any problems to report, have done only about 11000 km, and am doing the service based on the "INSP" display that pops up on the dash when starting. Mine is an early 2011 model but I have used it sparingly. I assume the service alert is based on elapsed time and not mileage. Does the estimate sound ok to other AT owners? Any tips are gratefully accepted
My car was serviced earlier this month. Damage of 9k at frontier Gurgaon. Did 12k kms. Next one will be expensive since spark plugs will need replacement and supposedly ones on Vento are expensive. This cost included balancing and alignment too. Though the car started pulling towards right after the service. Need to send again. Rest was oil change, air, oil, pollen filter change, weights. The SA mentioned that seat frame needs replacement due to some rusting issues reported by some cars. Need to send for that too. Car feels sprighter after the service. I noticed they don't wash underbody since is not recommended by VW. something to do with censors etc. Hope this helps.
Old 5th August 2013, 18:49   #695
Distinguished - BHPian

Crossed 41,000 km as of this morning. No major issues except the rattling from the doors is increasing and some squeaking now obvious from the rear seats/ parcel tray. I actually suspected there may have been a mouse in there (!) and had my rear seats and boot searched thoroughly but it didn't seem to be the case.

Since it's been a couple of months now, am assuming it's some mechanical sound. Will have them look at it in the 3rd service, which is coming up at 45k.

Latest set of ballasts for the projector headlamps is working fine. Visibility still low in twilight/dim lighting but I have got used to it now (and it works fine on highways/ in pitch darkness). If I don't change my car by end of next year, will change to whatever Akshay1234 suggests
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 19:28   #696
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Crossed 41,000 km as of this morning. No major issues except the rattling from the doors is increasing and some squeaking now obvious from the rear seats/ parcel tray. I actually suspected there may have been a mouse in there (!) and had my rear seats and boot searched thoroughly but it didn't seem to be the case.

Since it's been a couple of months now, am assuming it's some mechanical sound. Will have them look at it in the 3rd service, which is coming up at 45k.

Latest set of ballasts for the projector headlamps is working fine. Visibility still low in twilight/dim lighting but I have got used to it now (and it works fine on highways/ in pitch darkness). If I don't change my car by end of next year, will change to whatever Akshay1234 suggests
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3199991

Check my post here, may help with the squeeking noises to some extent.

Ahh well with those projectors you shouldn't have expected anything else. Hope it doesn't bother you much more.
Old 7th August 2013, 17:09   #697
BHPian

Quote:

bang on bro!
Crossed 60K and now there is some weird kind of rattling from the rear Parcel tray as if some nut / bolt is lying there and keeps rattling and making noise, anyways another 900 KM left for service, will get behind these guys and get it done
Old 7th August 2013, 17:26   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Crossed 41,000 km as of this morning.
Congrats on crossing this milestone Noop.

When I took a ride in your Vento, it was really rattling and another major issue I felt was the suspension which would make THUD noise even at the sight of a pothole forget about the noise when it actually goes through it
Old 21st November 2013, 17:54   #699
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Fräulein arrives: Vento AT- Update: 45,000 km/3rd service

Hard to believe it's coming on 3 years since the Fräulein was added to our household. 2 months short to the day, in fact!

44,248 km down, it was time for her next visit to the shop. My last service experience hadn't been that great, so this time I decided to go with BU Bhandari (VW Pune West). They are the newer of the two Pune dealerships and infinitely more friendly and professional, from past experience.

I called them just after Diwali to schedule an appointment and requested a pickup/drop service as well. I needed the car picked up from home and their workshop is rather inconveniently far. They gave me an appointmenty for 20th Nov, which worked for me. I called them on the morning of the 19th to reconfirm and everything was in place. Their driver picked up the car on the morning of the 20th as promised; I got it back about an hour ago.

Positives:
  • BU Bhandari is thoroughly professional in their interactions and you never need to repeat anything to ensure it gets done. This interaction was pain-free and efficient.
  • The driver who picked up the car doubled up as a good front for the SA. I gave him a list of issues to be looked at and walked him through it; everything I had was mentioned in the "customer voice" section of the invoice.
  • Charges were clearly mentioned up-front, estimate was sound. No hidden charges or surprises.
  • They kept me posted by SMS on status of my car. I also got a call from the SA when they had done their first inspection as well as just before dispatching the car.
  • Timely pick-up and delivery: they did not make me wait.
Cons:
  • The pick-up and drop are not free. The charge is reasonable but considering that I am choosing these guys over the competition who is located plum in the city, BU Bhandari should think of waiving it.
  • I didn't get any service reminders from the dealerships, though both of them have me listed on their systems. The nice thing about the car is that it gives you its own reminders but still, a personal touch always helps. MAS regularly calls me demanding I bring the Swift in for its next service!
  • They have multiple addresses listed for me in their system and every time they'd read out the wrong one and I'd have to update it. In this day and age is it really that difficult to put a check mark against the box that says "Current Address"? Small issue but an irritant nonetheless.
  • Nothing else, really: I am reaching!
No major issues detected, but I asked them to check a few things:
  • Brakes making a slight grinding noise when depressed. Manson (correctly) diagnosed this as a liner problem when he rode in my car last month. Fixed now by cleaning pads and liner.
  • Wiper blades had started not cleaning well (replaced), left wiper sprinkler not functioning (replaced), wiper fluid compartment lid fallen off (replaced). Pity the rains are over!
  • Front left dashboard rattling: fixed by tightening some nut or the other.
  • Rear parcel tray squeaking: It used to sound as if a group of teenage mice are partying hard in my rear seat. Fixed now, I can hear maybe one mouse left but it's bearable!
  • Funnily enough, one of my VW wheelcaps was missing (the small one that sits in the centre of the alloy wheel) and a wheel nut from one of the other wheels had disappeared as well. This probably happened during a puncture and I hadn't noticed till very recently. Got these replaced as well.
I like that VW sends you the replaced parts neatly back as proof of the job done. Half-used can of synthetic oil as well, very impressive!
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-20131121_163356.jpg
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-20131121_163324.jpg

Final bill just over 10,000/- which I thought was reasonable. Engine oil was a 4L can that cost about 3750/- (not all used since NA petrol cars don't drink as much oil as TDIs). Wiper blades were about 550/- Nozzle was 700/- Rest were the usual (refer attached bill for more details).
My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-vento_3rdsvc.jpg

Took her for a short spin and the brakes are noiseless and the front ratlles have vanished. A slight squeak from the back but significantly less than what I could hear before (and certainly not with the ICE switched on!) Car feels rejuvenated and I can't wait to take it for a longish spin this weekend.
noopster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 18:34   #700
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice to see that you had a much better service experience this time. Given the superiority of BUB's service offering, I think its fair that he charges for pick up and drop. Our Vento completes one year in late December. Done just over 6000 km to date. Will likely call to book a first service appointment towards the month end. Let's see how it goes.
Old 22nd November 2013, 01:26   #701
Senior - BHPian

Hey Anoop,

When were brake pads last replaced ?

What is that BOLT that costs Rs 155 ?

Was there any health check done on the CVT ?
Old 22nd November 2013, 06:50   #702
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post

When were brake pads last replaced ?
Replaced at 30000 km which is normal for an AT. They checked the pads and said it is fine.

Quote:
What is that BOLT that costs Rs 155 ?
That's the wheel bolt that mysteriously vanished. I suspect a local tyrewallah repairing a puncture flicked it. It's a pentagonal design and having 4 out of 5 bolts in place seems dangerous. Thankfully no mishap occurred and it was discovered in time.

Quote:
Was there any health check done on the CVT ?
CVT? Do you mean the auto transmission? Vento has a conventional torque convertor not CVT. Yes the check is part of the interval servicing but ATF is changed only at 60000 km.
In addition to all this I got my wheels rotated, aligned and balanced at a nearby Bridgestone dealer, Shree Tyres on Paud Road. Yoko dB's look to have worn well and am hoping to take them to 60k, touch wood! Cost of that was 700 including weights.
Old 7th November 2014, 11:34   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by re-dfine View Post
I'm hearing creaking noises in the interior passenger driver side door panels.
Did you manage to find a solution for this? My colleagues 400km driven Vento Tsi has this problem and it is quite irritating. The creaking is coming from all sides. He suspects the windows are not snug to the beading. Calling the service centre and explaining the problem lead to a response like this; "Sir; please drive for a 1000km and all the noises will go away". Ridiculous.
Old 9th November 2014, 20:54   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Did you manage to find a solution for this? My colleagues 400km driven Vento Tsi has this problem and it is quite irritating. The creaking is coming from all sides. He suspects the windows are not snug to the beading. Calling the service centre and explaining the problem lead to a response like this; "Sir; please drive for a 1000km and all the noises will go away". Ridiculous.

I have it in my drivers door. A week old car. Don't want them to tear into stuff so I'll do some DIY
Old 18th November 2014, 19:16   #705
Distinguished - BHPian

My baby completes an important milestone...a couple of months before her 4th birthday. My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1416318338.699116.jpgMy Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1416318354.335114.jpgMy Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1416318365.054369.jpg
noopster is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks