Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2023, 10:07   #751

Re: My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!

Nice to see these running costs. Mine has done around 7 years and 60K + mileage. Looks like I can keep it easily for another few years.
SouthCity987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 10:50   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
They also cleaned up the car nicely and it felt good to ride in a shiny white car that doesn't- touch wood- show its age. Odo is almost touching 140,000 clicks as of today.
Not surprised, only long term owners of various cars can know how easy these German cars are to own contrary to the perception, yet they keep running without showing any signs of the age.

But I am wondering there is no mention of the timing chain replacement. Am I missing something or nobody at the service station reminded you to replace it yet? Usually they start reminding to replace it if the car age crosses 10 year or 1 lakh kms. Still confused about the life of the timing chains in the MK5 Polo based cars in India.
tbppjpr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 22:37   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Not surprised, only long term owners of various cars can know how easy these German cars are to own contrary to the perception, yet they keep running without showing any signs of the age.
True. Most important is Authorized Workshop be capable of resolving issues & parts availability. Sending my Vento to same place for past 12 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
But I am wondering there is no mention of the timing chain replacement.
Not required for petrol.

Only for diesel at 1,20,000 Kms or 8 years whichever is earlier.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 17:46   #754
Distinguished - BHPian

Just a quick update: car was overheating (nothing disastrous but the bonnet would get really hot even after a short city commute). Got the coolant topped up once a couple of months ago but it had dropped below the recommended LOW level last week, so sent the driver in to get it checked at The Mechanix.

Turned out there was a heater pipe that was leaking which needed to be replaced. Also got the coolant topped up and since the car was there, the engine oil as well.

Total damages: 3954/- The car is running fine . Just crossed 145,000 km.
noopster is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 08:30   #755
Distinguished - BHPian

Today marks the 13th birthday of my candy white VW Vento 1.6 MFI AT Highline....she's gone from stunning Fraulein to ageing Frau in the blink of an eye!

My Fräulein arrives - VW Vento AT. EDIT: 10 years and 135,000 km up!-img_6042.jpeg

I got the 150K service done yesterday (VW ASS insisted on calling it the 180K service!) The brakes were on their last legs so got the discs and pads changed. Plus the usual servicing stuff: oil and filter changes, spark plug replacement, oil top up and the like. Damages came to just under 19,000/-

BU Bhandari remains as efficient and competent as ever- the only complaint I have is they overbook resulting in wait times of up to an hour both for drop off and pickup of the vehicle.

They have given me a laundry list of suspension-related repairs that the car could do with, the SA advised that the total estimate could go over 50K! With only a couple of usable years to go, I don't think that's a smart investment. Anyway there isn't any major noise or vibration felt while driving in the city, which is where it's primarily used now.

With the new brakes in, car feels nice to drive again.

Last edited by noopster : 24th January 2024 at 08:32.
noopster is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks