Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 12:55   #406
Senior - BHPian

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Captures from Noop's Lens !

And as mentioned earlier here are the captures from Noop's lens. Great snaps Noop - and yes it truly shows the Fleet Admiral in great light !

Getting warmed up:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-nl-1.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-nl-10.jpg

Some great profile shots:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-nl-2.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-nl-3.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-nl-4.jpg

Getting ready for the head butting session !
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-nl-6.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-nl-7.jpg

Getting ready to run for my life...
("Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon behind them
Volley'd and thunder'd...")
(Read shotgun and dogs here...with due apologies to the men of the Light Brigade !):
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-nl-8.jpg

On tarmac:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-nl-9.jpg

Noops sent me this as well. Now who do you think is this ?
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-nl-5-2.jpg

Till the next 'dventure then !
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2011, 13:48   #407
dot
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post

I know Noops very well, so there can be only one answer.
Old 18th April 2011, 14:23   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
These pictures were shot in a private property? Near Bombay? Now I am loony.

The two stalwarts looks absolutely cool with each other. We wish we were there too.

P.S.: @Ricky_63, agreed.
Hey Dot, You'll really like the spot. Oh yeah - plenty of folks with legal and illegal properties/land there which have legal and illegal structures on them. It is actually one end of the Sanjay G National Park. Plenty of animals to be sighted there if one is lucky. Don't go loony - they have only that much space in the park and no more - even the shotgun lady is not accounted for there !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
1.Those are some awesome snaps there.
You see the Admiral always looks commanding, and that too from any angle.
2. But i must say, Fraulein really held her own here. She really stands out too.

3. Mrs Stellar with a shotgun is so going to be in both your nightmares tonight.
1. Thanks mdsaab.
2. True - Fraulein is really cute.
3. That, dear chap, brings you one step closer to being shot by the shotgun lady ! The name's Mrs Stella. Though she'll consider the act of shooting you a stellar performance

Quote:
@Guderian and Noopster,

Somehow missed the shotgun part. Was too busy to savor the pictures, I would shamelessly say. Wow, some unexpected adventure. Not something you expect in India very often. As you said the T. Fort might have scared the lady.
Humpppf...Our very lives were at stake and dot misses it for the glitz and glamour(?) of the snaps. Cruel world !

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
1. But it was an experience, and something to tell the grandkids!

2. The Admiral looks imposing in pics but in the flesh is another level of beast altogether! Kudos to you for maintaining him in such fine shape.
1. I say Noops, dear fellow, did I miss the party ? Something round the corner ?!!

2. Thank you sir !

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post

1.@Guderian & Noopster - The snaps have really come out well. You sure had one great adventure.

2. Snap of the loony lady with the shotgun would have added to the excitement. Did you try to convince her that she is on camera and famous?
Hi Amit,
1. Thanks.

2. We have reserved that act - of getting the lady's snap for the event when you'd be here. No we didn't try and convince her about being famous etc. though she very effectively convinced us that we'd be history and appear as news items in the next days papers and could be famous, if we didn't clear off from her property.
You'll have an introduction to her on your next visit to these parts !

Quote:
I know Noops very well, so there can be only one answer.
So dot - what I hear you say is that after Noops this guy is Oops ?!!

Last edited by Guderian : 18th April 2011 at 14:25.
Old 18th April 2011, 18:00   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I know Pajero is not being compared with T. Fort. but sensing an opportunity to comment, here goes. The interiors of Pajero are so 1990s. Recently an uncle in the family bought the Outlander. I had gone with him to check out his vehicle in the yard. A Pajero was standing next to his Outlander. Man, the interiors were decades different. Same would be true if you see the Pajero and T. Fort next to each other.

You are so right about that - but is that a bad thing ?

The interiors of the T-Fort may be "newer" but not by decades

As for the Outlandish Outlander, other than the fact that it can outrun a Pajero & has the with it interiors, the Pajero will beat it hands down in the departments that matter. Beauty or rather percieved beauty is only skin deep.

Do not wish to sound rude but that is just what I happen to feel. The Grand Vitara in it's new avtaar would keep up with the Outlander in performance on Tarmac & if we talk off-road the topic ends there & then.

Disclaimer : The above points are strictly my perception & members are welcome to differ

Cheers
Quote:
@Ricky_63, not an iota of doubt on the utility of a Pajero. It has decades of credibility under its wing. The Pajero can take a ton of people and go to places where many city slickers would not dare to tread. Outlander is more uber cool, city type SUV. But lets say if I had about 25L and a choice to buy a Pajero or Outlander or T. Fort.; I would go for the T. Fort.
Somewhere in all the excitement missed this conversation here. Almost 12 months ago when the trials started for the new ride, Pajero was on my list and very high up. I truly desired that piece of metal on wheels. And guess what despite all the comments against it - I loved the interiors. Well to me it had a great retro feel and some of those instruments on the dashboard - the inclinometer etc seemed straight out of an Indiana Jones movie ! Everything about the interiors was solid. And the exteriors & mechanicals were also tough as nails. Loved the super select 4X4. Had a couple of rides in it.

Would have actually gone in for it but for the following facts:
- Needed a better engine to power my new vehicle on the highways. My highway usage being high compared to off road - something punchier and with better sustaining power was needed.

- The colour combination/s was another downer - but could be lived with.

- The sales guy's ways at the premier dealership in Mumbai (which by then I think was taken over by the company or some such mumbo jumbo the guy was feeding me and he was a Mitsu/HM guy or some such thing) left much to be desired. I asked him whether the Pajero would come out with a new engine - he laughed, assumed a supremely cocky tone and asked me " Bhat phor ?!!"

Didn't progress further. There was long time gap before I came to a conlcusion - but didn't get back to good ol' Pajero when I got back to assessing vehicles 9 months later.

Rest, as they say, in my life, was history...
Old 18th April 2011, 20:41   #410
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well to me it had a great retro feel and some of those instruments on the dashboard - the inclinometer etc seemed straight out of an Indiana Jones movie ! Everything about the interiors was solid. And the exteriors & mechanicals were also tough as nails. Loved the super select 4X4. Had a couple of rides in it.
No doubt that Pajero has a very high macho quotient about it. If you add Endy, CRV, Captiva to the first level non-desi SUV list along with these, Pajero would still stand out. However a man also needs the bling and comforts. I guess T. Fort. has the best of both worlds. It is as big as a 1BHK on wheels, it is AWD and it has enough interiors to keep a sedan migrant happy.

Quote:

Humpppf...Our very lives were at stake and dot misses it for the glitz and glamour(?) of the snaps. Cruel world !
It was a Mr. Bean moment for both of you.. and me.

Quote:
So dot - what I hear you say is that after Noops this guy is Oops ?!!
Oops is take-able as long it is not goofs.
Old 18th April 2011, 21:14   #411
Senior - BHPian

Whatever happened to the GOT BHP ? Sticker......withered already or was it the Lady shooting at it ?? LOL My older Pajero still sports that sticker with aplomb !!

Cheers
Old 18th April 2011, 23:47   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hi Amit,
1. Thanks.

2. We have reserved that act - of getting the lady's snap for the event when you'd be here. No we didn't try and convince her about being famous etc. though she very effectively convinced us that we'd be history and appear as news items in the next days papers and could be famous, if we didn't clear off from her property.
You'll have an introduction to her on your next visit to these parts !

General i am game for it. Let us have a mini meet there with others from this thread. What say? With the army of BHPians i think the loony lady might keep the shot gun at bay or alternatively she might get out the canon and we would have the canon ball run then

Quote:
Whatever happened to the GOT BHP ? Sticker......withered already or was it the Lady shooting at it ?? LOL My older Pajero still sports that sticker with aplomb !!

Cheers
General followed the adage - Prevention is better than cure. It was coming off from the sides so he has cut off the edges. Am i right?
Old 19th April 2011, 08:40   #413
Senior - BHPian

Oops. Was it Mrs. Stella. You see it was such a stellar true performance by her, i wonder which acting academy she came through. Well hope she doesnt shoot me.in a stellar act for renaming her.
Autographs please!
Old 19th April 2011, 11:09   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No doubt that Pajero has a very high macho quotient about it. If you add Endy, CRV, Captiva to the first level non-desi SUV list along with these, Pajero would still stand out. However a man also needs the bling and comforts. I guess T. Fort. has the best of both worlds. It is as big as a 1BHK on wheels, it is AWD and it has enough interiors to keep a sedan migrant happy.
Hi Dot, Frankly I think the Paj is much more comfortable ride and seating wise. And plenty of the bling thing too ! But for the engine. If the boffins at Mitsu-HM combine would have thrown in an engine somewhere near the TFort - 150/170 BHP with a matching torque figure - it would have set the sales and other figures on fire !

Quote:
Cheers
Sir - This is a sticker which has seen a tour of duty on the Scorp for a long time, reassigned to the Admiral. Shifted position once or twice and been through dust, grime and water. You shouldn't talk so dismissively about such grizzled veterans. And each time a body part turns gangerenous it is amputated. Yet it is on active duty and braving the elements day and night not to forget the twilights, dusks and dawns.
So before I charge you with disrespect for veterans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
1. General i am game for it. Let us have a mini meet there with others from this thread. What say?
2. General followed the adage - Prevention is better than cure. It was coming off from the sides so he has cut off the edges. Am i right?
1. Let's plan a meet for a Mumbai drive - 4 spots in Mumbai for a drive by, lunch midtown or South Mumbai...ending with Yeoor hills. Fine ? Start planning your drive Punekars ! Should have to be a Sunday.
Mumbai end - everything will be taken care of.
Anyone from Mumbai wanting to join in ?
Sorry Shotgun Stella not a part of the drive. I have made my peace with her.

2. Bang on as far as the sticker's condition is concerned.
Old 19th April 2011, 20:02   #415
Senior - BHPian

If the ships name is chipping off - what does a Captain do ?? Order new stickers ?? That is the least you can do for the Admiral - cmon, it is out of character for an Admiral to be in tattered uniform.

OK not the ship's name but something that signifies why we all are here on this forum !!!

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 19th April 2011 at 20:16.
Old 19th April 2011, 20:31   #416
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let's plan a meet for a Mumbai drive - 4 spots in Mumbai for a drive by, lunch midtown or South Mumbai...ending with Yeoor hills. Fine ? Start planning your drive Punekars ! Should have to be a Sunday.
Mumbai end - everything will be taken care of.
Anyone from Mumbai wanting to join in ?
Sorry Shotgun Stella not a part of the drive. I have made my peace with her.
Sounds delightful. Can you please place this in the Tapri thread. We are having a difficult debate there. I will also try to place a link on that thread to this post.
Old 20th April 2011, 09:04   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the ships name is chipping off - what does a Captain do ?? Order new stickers ?? That is the least you can do for the Admiral - cmon, it is out of character for an Admiral to be in tattered uniform.
OK not the ship's name but something that signifies why we all are here on this forum !!!
Cheers
Hey Ricks,
Now - let's get something sorted out...ahem...however tattered, how ever battered, however shattered - a medal and its ribbon are they are never thrown out or replaced. It is preserved with honour. And so is the sticker. For the Admiral that is a medal of honour and it shall be preserved. For that symbolises a great continuity - from the Scorp to the TFort. From the Generaloberst to the Fleet Admiral. If it goes beyond a particular point of turnout it shall be taken in, suitably trimmed and placed among war memorablia, possibly in the ship's ward room.

Quote:
Sounds delightful. Can you please place this in the Tapri thread. We are having a difficult debate there. I will also try to place a link on that thread to this post.
Hey dot, Would like you to do that please and mention the details & description of the drive there. Wouldn't want to poke my nose there !
Thanks.
Old 20th April 2011, 09:30   #418
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 532810
Sand Mafia for sure. I stay at Parsik Nagar, Kalwa. I know the type

Gr8 car in gr8 ( caring) hands, sir.
Hat's off to your passion for your cars.
gr8 write up too.
looking forward to meet you on a sunday morning ( early morning, with GDW)
Old 20th April 2011, 09:51   #419
Senior - BHPian

From the Ship's Log Book...

Extracts from Ship's Log Book:

Date: April, 19, 2011.
Time: Precisely - 1905 Hrs/ 7.05 PM.
Location: Eastern Express Highway, post point Vikhroli - approaching point Kanjur Marg.
Event: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro recorded 5000KMs/2699.784 Nautical Miles on its odometer.

Days to 5K Clicks: 52 : Date of Delivery - Feb 27, 2011.

Total Fuel Consumed: City Runs: 267.77 Lts. (Rs. 8611.01) H/W: 223.66 Lts.(Rs.9554.70)
FE: City ave - 11.41 KMPL: Best - 12.15 KMPL.
H/W ave - 10.60 KMPL. Best - 13.51 KMPL.
No of Services/Inspections : 2.
Maintenance Expenses: Nil.
Consumables purchased: 1 Coolant Bottle + 4 Bolt Screws - Rs. 298.00.
Niggles: Nil.

End of Extract.

Last edited by Guderian : 20th April 2011 at 09:57.
Old 20th April 2011, 10:12   #420
Senior - BHPian

The 5k milestone already achieved ? Quite a bit of driving that is - the best part is cost of upkeep is next to Nil & even better is - no niggles !!

Way to go !!

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks