Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2011, 09:08   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Guderian,

My trip dates are now June 4 - 12, in case you are interested in joining.
Hi Nils,
Thanks. Yes, noted that from your thread as well. On reading that my mental gears had already started spinning to work out a way.

Will get back to you across the weekend.
However a little doubtful as workwise seeming to be a busy phase. But who knows !
Old 6th May 2011, 09:33   #527
dot
Senior - BHPian

General, where are you and hows Admiral. Channel TOGO is losing TRP rating these days. We dont want Truman Burbank to leave the building.
Old 6th May 2011, 09:40   #528
Senior - BHPian

Of gloves and of sunny English mornings - not necessarily in that order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Oh - you should try driving in a pair of white, starched gloves and keep your nose in the air and look at the

you'll feel as though you are viewing low life sitting in a Viceroy's coach.

Ahhh...the power of white gloves !

Koi hai ?
Reminds me of a totally unrelated scene - when some one mentions gloves for driving, the first picture which comes to my mind is of an English gentleman wearing tan leather gloves, driving his green classic convertible with short windshield, on a winding country road set among open fields and grass lands, on a pleasantly sunny day.

I think my favorite English man - Reginald Jeeves - would have been driving with his glove on.

Though personally I do not find the idea palpable while driving, I do wear gloves when I ride out - a pair of AXO KR8 is what I currently use.

Last edited by theexperthand : 6th May 2011 at 09:41.
Old 6th May 2011, 10:00   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
General, where are you and hows Admiral. Channel TOGO is losing TRP rating these days. We dont want Truman Burbank to leave the building.
Hey dot ! Right here sir...alive n kickin'.

But like they say when everything is hunky dory then there is nothing to report. Only when the man bites the dog shall I return ! But then this channel is everything to everybody and not just about the Admiral or TForts - so plug in whatever you feel and everybody can join in ! And yes no subject is taboo here. Philosophy ? History ? Life ? Anything goes...so parry on dear chap.

And incidentally couple of weeks ago on the TCM channel caught up with one of my fave screen chaps - Marx Bros in two of their movies which I had seen many, many years ago - Go West and At the Circus. Delightful to say the least. Still chuckling at some of the gags.

And the connect here ? The old time white gloves that many of the characters seemed to wear.

Oh and Burbank eh ?
Incidentally if you don't see me here and "In case I don't see you ... good afternoon, good evening, and good night !"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
1. Reginald Jeeves - would have been driving with his glove on.

2. Though personally I do not find the idea palpable while driving, I do wear gloves when I ride out - a pair of AXO KR8 is what I currently use.
1. Have I seen ol' Jeeves do so ? Not really. Haven't caught him driving really. Everything else yes. Remember during the college days we had the Wodehouse quiz and specially during the Wodehouse centenary it was a riot. Huh, what ? Which era do I belong to ? Chuck a guess !

2. Though I'd love to wear a pair of gloves (leather - mauve or rich brown) and carry a riding crop while driving but it may lead to others suspecting that I have eczema on the palms or arthritis.

So gloves - 2 of 'em restricted to the cleaning and mechanical work on the weekends on the Admiral.

Tally ho then !
Old 6th May 2011, 14:12   #530
Senior - BHPian

Gloves and maintenance? Tut-Tut. Cleaning and mechanical work are a part of the TLC package, and I prefer doing them using my bare hands. Ain't it fun to get a little engine grease on them my palms?
Old 6th May 2011, 14:19   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gloves and maintenance? Tut-Tut. Cleaning and mechanical work are a part of the TLC package, and I prefer doing them using my bare hands. Ain't it fun to get a little engine grease on them my palms?
Oh I say dear chap...when I mean maintenance I don't mean the cleaning part. I mean maintenance - wrenches, tools - tightening, refixing, removals, ripping apart etc etc. Of course I have not started this on the Admiral. Will do it post the warranty !
The cleaning part is, well, the easier spit and polish part !
Old 6th May 2011, 14:39   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh I say dear chap...when I mean maintenance I don't mean the cleaning part. I mean maintenance - wrenches, tools - tightening, refixing, removals, ripping apart etc etc. Of course I have not started this on the Admiral. Will do it post the warranty !
The cleaning part is, well, the easier spit and polish part !
Ah! The fun of working on your own machine and the feeling of intimacy - that is beyond words. I say, carry on, Sir. Gloves or no gloves, we are of same breed who love to get our hands dirty and enjoy it. I am sure the Admiral will approve that.

OT: I like the fine English gentleman's personal gentleman so much that My main ride - Honda Unicorn - is christened Jeeves.
Old 6th May 2011, 16:20   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah! The fun of working on your own machine and the feeling of intimacy - that is beyond words. I say, carry on, Sir. Gloves or no gloves, we are of same breed who love to get our hands dirty and enjoy it. I am sure the Admiral will approve that.

OT: I like the fine English gentleman's personal gentleman so much that My main ride - Honda Unicorn - is christened Jeeves.
Hi teh, That sir, is truly a wonderful experience of getting your hands dirty on your vehicle. Admiral's approval ? He is delighted !

And yes, a pleasure to be introduced to Jeeves. Hopefully should meet him of course, one of these days.
Do me a favour - put up a snap here of Jeeves, would you ?
Old 6th May 2011, 16:50   #534
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The fun of working on your own machine and the feeling of intimacy - that is beyond words.
Quote:
That sir, is truly a wonderful experience of getting your hands dirty
All these stuff on getting hands dirty on our own machine reminds me of Village People.

But hey I am digressing. Nothing more pleasurable of repairing the minor irritants and getting the gloss back.

Quote:
Incidentally if you don't see me here and "In case I don't see you ... good afternoon, good evening, and good night !"
Hope this is not the last time before the rendezvous with Natascha. I would not mind it though.

Last edited by dot : 6th May 2011 at 16:54.
Old 6th May 2011, 16:59   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And yes, a pleasure to be introduced to Jeeves. Hopefully should meet him of course, one of these days.
Do me a favour - put up a snap here of Jeeves, would you ?
The pleasure is all mine - to be introduced to The Admiral. It would have been easy in those old days, but now LOH is not so happy about doing hours and hours on a bike, so the number of long rides are less. But still she obliges with one or two rides now and then and if I can make her agree... Time to make battle plans.

When the Admiral asks, I am not the one to refuse. Here is my boy and me - all decked up and riding to Coorg - photo clicked by loh.
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-32117_444005930080_718300080_5953669_154747_n.jpg

Here is another shot, in his full glory.
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc_0041-copy.jpg

Quote:
All these stuff on getting hands dirty on our own machine reminds me of Village People.

But hey I am digressing. Nothing more pleasurable of repairing the minor irritants and getting the gloss back.
Ah, let our tribe increase. I agree - those minor irritants are a good excuse for some quality TLC time .

Last edited by theexperthand : 6th May 2011 at 17:03.
Old 6th May 2011, 17:48   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hope this is not the last time before the rendezvous with Natascha. I would not mind it though.
Natascha or NME eh ? Hmm now the phrase of getting your elbow greasy and getting the gloss back has a different meaning allright !

Quote:
The pleasure is all mine - to be introduced to The Admiral. It would have been easy in those old days, but now LOH is not so happy about doing hours and hours on a bike, so the number of long rides are less. But still she obliges with one or two rides now and then and if I can make her agree... Time to make battle plans.

When the Admiral asks, I am not the one to refuse. Here is my boy and me - all decked up and riding to Coorg - photo clicked by loh.
Attachment 540758

Here is another shot, in his full glory.
Attachment 540759

Ah, let our tribe increase. I agree - those minor irritants are a good excuse for some quality TLC time .
Hey teh, Nice to meet you and Jeeves in 'visual' flesh and blood ! Liked both of them immensely. Mud splattered Jeeves truly stirs up the spirit to take up to bikes again ! Just before I got the Admiral was seriously considering getting the Bullet Classic 500CC and almost booked it - before the LoH reprimanded me and asked me act my age. My vehement protests that there is no age for bikes fell on deaf ears. Might try again after sometime. Miss my Bullet days seriously !

And that 'Under the Flame of the Forest' shot makes me pine for a long drive somewhere.

OT: Sorry ! But...

Ahh...Coorg ! Went there last to a friend's estate in 2010.

Couldn't resist putting up a few snaps especially of my good old Scorpio, Guderian, in Coorg !
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05427.jpg

Outside the Nalknad Palace.
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05716.jpg

And a few other shots...how I miss that place !
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05553.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05572.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05600.jpg

OK, now back to the Admiral and the real world !
Old 6th May 2011, 20:28   #537
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the kind words, general.

Coorg have a beauty which makes you come back for more - I have ridden to Coorg many times, and still want to go back for more.

Nice to see the good old Guderian. The view from that bedroom is something worth riding all the way, just to wake up and to have a cup of coffee.

Speaking of bullets, I believe once you ride bullet, no other bike satisfies you like good old bullet. Just to add a bit more fuel to the fire, may I present Letty, my good old lady.

OT: My dad loves riding as much as he likes driving, and few years back he told us that he want to sell his Splendor - and guess what - he wanted to buy a bullet. The suggestion met with instant approval and he became a proud owner of a 1998 model std 350 in 2007, when he was just about to become 50. As the saying goes, you are only as old as your mind says.

Jeeves and mud have a very special relationship - we believe mud is like face pack

we both are ardent off-road fans and have done quiet a bit of off-road trips.

Royal Enfield / Letty - the resurrected bullet - theexperthand's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP

Last edited by theexperthand : 6th May 2011 at 20:50.
Old 6th May 2011, 21:23   #538
dot
Senior - BHPian

NME, give me NME anytime anyday.

Loved the Coorg pictures. Brought back my own memories of a ride from B'lore to Nagarhole via Coorg district, touching Wayanad district, on a Boxer. Those travelogues were on the net once upon a time. Dont know how to put it back up again.
Old 7th May 2011, 10:46   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. I have ridden to Coorg many times, and still want to go back for more.

2. Just to add a bit more fuel to the fire, may I present Letty, my good old lady.

3. OT: My dad loves riding as much as he likes driving.
1. Coorg - What can I say ? Have plenty of friends and relatives there, been there many times over the last so many years - yet can't get enough of that place ! Heart yearns to keep going back there time and again. Truly the Scotland of India or rather Scotland is the Coorg of UK !

2. Letty - Truly have added fuel to the fire . That is a real good looking mean Bullet. Compliments ! Keep it running.

3. Some day I plan to get back on the saddle - possibly the Classic 500 CC RE Bullet ! Though the dream machine is the Harley Davidson VRSC V-Rod ! 1250 CC 115 BHP of pure bliss. I know that's a bridge too far for me but the nearest I can get is the Classic. So some day my friend - I shall and I will !

Quote:
Loved the Coorg pictures.
Thanks dot !

OT (Again-sorry ! But couldn't resist...control hi nahin hota ! But I swear these would be the last).

Some snaps of blissfull Coorg collected from trips there - some of my fave snaps rather ! (Sorry dot - you asked for it - you are a regular glutton for punishment eh ?)

So here goes Collage l' Coorg !

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05426.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05431.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05448.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05453.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05468.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05472.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05501.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05529.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05532.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05545.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05549.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05564.jpg

Name:  DSC05644.JPG
Views: 743
Size:  274.3 KB

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05646.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05648.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05657.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05658.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05718.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05721.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05725.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05777.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05783.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05788.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05807.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05811.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05815.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05824.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05826.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc05846.jpg

Believe me when I tell you that whenever I feel blue and out of sorts - all I need to do is to have a look at these snaps and I am back to normal and planning my next trip somewhere !

PS: Coming up tomorrow/next - the list of things I don't like in the T-Fort or find rather annoying !

Last edited by Guderian : 7th May 2011 at 11:03.
Old 7th May 2011, 22:54   #540
Senior - BHPian

@Guderian - Thanks for sharing the snaps. I should say it felt strange to see the snaps of beautiful flowers coming in from the General especially after all the T-Fort snaps. Softer side of the General i should say.

And where did you get that off roader from? I forget what is it called. Off roading in Coorg.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks