Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2011, 22:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: VW Vento Highline TDi, My Silver Streak - 5 years, 78000 kms and still raring for many more

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I would not be able to give you the windshield cost only - my entire sun film work which used Llumar Platinum series with 50% on sides and back and 70% in the front set me back by Rs 4000
Thats a very good price. I fitted Llumar (same transparencies as yours) when I got my Verna CRDI in 2008. Cost me 3K for the sides and rear, and 3K for the front alone.
Old 29th March 2011, 23:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: VW Vento Highline TDi, My Silver Streak - 5 years, 78000 kms and still raring for many more

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Thats a very good price. I fitted Llumar (same transparencies as yours) when I got my Verna CRDI in 2008. Cost me 3K for the sides and rear, and 3K for the front alone.
My first reaction " I hope I got the original one " - well , they showed me the Llumar emboss on the sheet where they chopped it from but at the end of the day I would not know the difference anyways I am very happy with the performance of the films though , I can feel the difference because I drove without films the first week
Old 30th March 2011, 00:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My first reaction " I hope I got the original one " - well , they showed me the Llumar emboss on the sheet where they chopped it from but at the end of the day I would not know the difference anyways I am very happy with the performance of the films though , I can feel the difference because I drove without films the first week
+1 to that. And if its original Llumar, you'll find out that they not only offer outstanding performance, but also look like new (without the slightest of peel/fade) after 3 years, like mine are doing. Paisa Vasool in the long run!
Old 1st April 2011, 17:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
+1 to that. And if its original Llumar, you'll find out that they not only offer outstanding performance, but also look like new (without the slightest of peel/fade) after 3 years, like mine are doing. Paisa Vasool in the long run!
I agree with you predator on the performance of the film, its been pretty good on the heat shielding front. Only time will tell about the peel or fade , though good to hear from you about your experience .

Just noted a pretty cool thing about the position of the HU , it's very slightly turned towards the driver presumably for easier reach . One can realise it only when one compares it to the angle from the driver's seat as well as the front passenger seat. Did check out with other Ventos too which had the same thing.
Old 1st April 2011, 21:31   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Congratulations of the Vento TDI. A very comprehensive report and guess your wait has finally paid off. Going by the Vento's delivered this month it won't be surprising if Vento beats City when the sales figures of March unfold !
Cheers!
As predicted now you are the owner of the king of the C segment. Guess would make you a little more taller!

Cheers,
Old 2nd April 2011, 00:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
As predicted now you are the owner of the king of the C segment. Guess would make you a little more taller!

Cheers,
WOW ! I am happy . Thank you very much for sharing the news , I just finished reading GTO's post . I would say its very well deserved
Old 17th May 2011, 20:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Update - 60 days 5500+ KM including one Mumbai-Goa-Mumbai highway cruise

Have been enjoying the silver streak drive like anything - the fun quotient is very apparent given the amount of driving I have been indulging in , I used to clock 1000 Km per month on an average before my Vento days

Had to top up the engine oil once around 5000km mark , filled it with mobil synthetic one with the same spec 5W 40. Synthetics are much costlier than semi-synths or minerals and I understand maybe a overkill but I still wanted to pamper my car. I am also given to understand that 5W is not required in India , we can safely use 20W grade oils for our weather conditions in Indian plains . 5W is okay for a wider range of ambient temperature [ -25 deg C to 50 deg C] which we folks in mumbai, pune, delhi, etc are never going to experience, 20W comfortably does the job . I have noticed that a few polo owners complain about high service charge , the biggest difference i could see was the engine oil cost - one I saw has been charged 4500 which is clearly the price of synthetic oil . We need not use synthetics for our normal low rev cars and if we are sensitive about costs we should keep an eye on what is being filled.

I also tried to find out why there is a surge at low speeds which many have discussed. As has been pointed out the surge is only experienced when the speed/ engine rev is too low for the gear the car is engaged in. This is typically tackled by drivers through half clutch ( a wasteful practice) . I triggered the surge by keeping the MID on the dynamic kmpl indicator, the interesting thing was that when the surge happens the fuels efficiency just plunges ( to 4.5-5 kmpl levels) - if at the same speed if the car's gear is downshifted (my foot was off the gas pedal under both the conditions) the fuel efficiency would be at least 6-7 kmpl higher . I came to the conclusion that the temporary surge is to prevent the car from stalling through feeding the engine richer fuel mix

The car was awesome on the NH4 where we drove from Mumbai to Goa via Belgaum. We were 4 adults , 1 kid and 1 child in the car. It negotiated all the humps ( at the toll gates) without a single scrape which clearly beat my expectations.
Overtaking was a breeze, the ample power was a bliss . Touched a max of 160 kmph for a brief while on the Karnataka section of NH4 since traffic was lighter that side, the car had enough grunt to go a few notches higher.

While returning we took the NH17 route , the Vento negotiated the ghats with ease - did most of the ghats in 3rd and 4th gears except when we were stuck behind one of those innumerable super slow loaded trucks !

Had an interesting encounter at a fuel pump. We had around 75km to the fuel pump on the indicator when we went to a fuel pump for a diesel top up. The guy topped it up and then I noticed that the gas pump reading was 55.2 litres !! Just imagine my shock when I realised that the tank capacity is 55 lts and this guy had filled 55 lts in the tank which already had at least 5 litres in it - making the capacity around 60 litres. I jumped on the guy when he explained that there is an air lock button which allows more diesel to be filled up. I called up the VW helpline to inquire whether the actual size of the tank is much bigger than the rated capacity and they replied that the fuel tank is " 1.6 litres Sir! " grrr , now I know why folks contacting call centres get so frustrated !
I have preserved the bill, etc but somehow the length of ride that I am getting on that tank full prompts me to think that I was wrong !! Feedback from other Vento owners would be welcome on the same.
Old 18th May 2011, 08:45   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Had an interesting encounter at a fuel pump. We had around 75km to the fuel pump on the indicator when we went to a fuel pump for a diesel top up. The guy topped it up and then I noticed that the gas pump reading was 55.2 litres !! Just imagine my shock when I realised that the tank capacity is 55 lts and this guy had filled 55 lts in the tank which already had at least 5 litres in it - making the capacity around 60 litres. I jumped on the guy when he explained that there is an air lock button which allows more diesel to be filled up. I called up the VW helpline to inquire whether the actual size of the tank is much bigger than the rated capacity and they replied that the fuel tank is " 1.6 litres Sir! " grrr , now I know why folks contacting call centres get so frustrated !
I have preserved the bill, etc but somehow the length of ride that I am getting on that tank full prompts me to think that I was wrong !! Feedback from other Vento owners would be welcome on the same.
The tank capacity is 55L. Am not sure about this since when I filled my tank it came to 55L. The info that the station guy conveyed might be wrong. Anyways, kindly check on this since this is the first time I have heard anything of this.
Old 18th May 2011, 10:53   #24
BHPian

Great to know you had a long drive Sourav. If you see my thread, when i took the car from the showroom to the petrol pump, i filled 57 litres of petrol. They mention 55L but the actual capacity is more than that. So no need to worry about anything. Drive safe!
Old 18th May 2011, 11:04   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

@souravc- The rated capacity is 55 litres and if you employ the "fill upto auto cutoff point" method, I don't think it should exceed that. The only time I have faced an exception is when filling up recently (almost on empty, 25 kmas per the MID) was when 57 litres went in at an unfamiliar pump that I filled in. My suspicion is that there was meter tampering but I can't prove damn thing :(
Old 18th May 2011, 12:04   #26
BHPian

Just awesome post! I seem to never miss any review on the polo or vent I ve to take time out now to create my ownership thread as well for polo !
Old 18th May 2011, 12:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@souravc- The rated capacity is 55 litres and if you employ the "fill upto auto cutoff point" method, I don't think it should exceed that. The only time I have faced an exception is when filling up recently (almost on empty, 25 kmas per the MID) was when 57 litres went in at an unfamiliar pump that I filled in. My suspicion is that there was meter tampering but I can't prove damn thing :(
Noopster, trust me the meter of the pump is not defective. My MID read 75 kmas and 50 kmas when refilling. I have filled up the tank at 2 places , did a comparative analysis of how much the car covers from nearly empty to nearly empty fill points . All this I did with the intention of proving that the pump owner cheated so you can imagine - i had the bill, the pump owners number, took a photo of the meter reading, took a photo of car being filled up and since my bro-in-law works in IOC was also in a position to get the contact of the senior marketing guy in HPCL . Even after this I can safely say that I was wrong , the full tank , air lock released capacity of the fuel tank is closer to 60 litres for sure. This came as a surprise as I believed that the actual fuel tank capacity can at max be 2-3 litres more than the rated - this is from my previous experience with Swift , Zen , M800
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 13:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Just awesome post! I seem to never miss any review on the polo or vent I ve to take time out now to create my ownership thread as well for polo !
Thank you ! please do start our own thread, its takes time but its so worth it - for new launches like Vento and Polo the owners gain such a lot by sharing information , I have gained . Threads and posts of guys like Noopster, Ventoman, Svis, evilshantanu have been more precious than the manual for me
Old 22nd May 2011, 04:47   #29
BHPian

Found your thread quite late. So a belated congratulations on your silver ride. The colour looks very elegant on the car. Sourav , any mods /upgrades on lights /tires?
Old 23rd May 2011, 22:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Today I got a bunch of coupons from VW . The useful amongst them was a Free Car Wash coupon and another coupon for cleaning the pollen filter and air filter , this is under their "summer checkup" initiative . Nice gesture, though I still want the funky watch that one of the TBHP Vento owners got

Note to Mod : Could you please modify the title of this thread to " Vento Highline TDi - My Silver Streak "

Last edited by souravc : 23rd May 2011 at 22:48. Reason: thread title needs to be modified

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks