Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2011, 12:36   #106
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,423
Thanked: 289 Times
Default re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Oh! That is some nice news. So much did that set you back by? And I am really eager to check your alloys too
anilisanil is offline  
Old 25th July 2011, 17:42   #107
BHPian
 
Monaro CV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 567
Thanked: 519 Times
Default re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post

Thanks Monaro CV8; I am glad for my own happiness that there wasnt a seatbelt protestor seated alongside me that day (yes such people exist). Henceforth, I intend to throw such people out if they dont buckle up.
I had a big laugh there..haa haa
To relate to you, I'm always dealing with one of those "seat belt protesters" - the LoH!

OK BTW, congrats for the new shoes for the Jazz. If no discounts, did Ashish Kulkarni at least give you any freebies or gifts?
During my buy, he have me a "Yokohama" Leather Wallet + Leather Belt Gift set.

Where are pics of the new Alloys?
Monaro CV8 is offline  
Old 25th July 2011, 19:16   #108
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,528
Thanked: 2,000 Times
Default re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Hey Selfdrive, sorry to hear about your accident. I have seen this happen on the Aundh - Pimple Saudagar road as well, where stones from the divider come on to the road. A colleague of mine witnessed an accident where a biker hit this stone at night and was thrown upwards.

The seat belt tightening is the result of the sudden weight on the belt causing it to lock. The pre-tensioners are connected to the airbag sensors and both will be activated together.

On the other hand, good to know that both your hatches (at the extreme ends of the price band !) are doing well and you are enjoying them.
fiat_tarun is offline  
Old 25th July 2011, 21:06   #109
Senior - BHPian
 
adimicra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,954
Thanked: 1,969 Times
Default re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Best way to get over the mishap I guess
Bring on the pics man! I haven't seen too many Jazz'es with thicker tires and aftermarket alloys.
adimicra is offline  
Old 25th July 2011, 23:15   #110
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,809
Thanked: 406 Times
Default re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

@Balaji: Glad that all is well. Hope to meet up with you the next time you are around Nagar Road/ Yerwada area. Also, if you can PM me any recommended tyre wala's numbers - I need to get a couple of tyres for my Cedia in a few days.
S_U_N is offline  
Old 26th July 2011, 10:18   #111
Distinguished - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,952
Thanked: 3,313 Times
Default re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Oh! That is some nice news. So much did that set you back by? And I am really eager to check your alloys too
17.5k for the set of 4 alloys
18K for a set of 4 Bridgestone Turanza ER300s
Included in total cost: Wheel balancing & alignment, nitrogen, disposal of old rims and tyres.
Wheel rotation has been recommended at 6 months interval.
Perhaps you need to go to your Karve road office for a chance to spot me; our Pune drive meet seems to be getting delayed a lot. We should at least get together for breakfast/ photoshoot sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
I had a big laugh there..haa haa
To relate to you, I'm always dealing with one of those "seat belt protesters" - the LoH!
OK BTW, congrats for the new shoes for the Jazz. If no discounts, did Ashish Kulkarni at least give you any freebies or gifts?
During my buy, he have me a "Yokohama" Leather Wallet + Leather Belt Gift set. Where are pics of the new Alloys?
Monaro CV8; No gifts offered or asked for; maybe Plati does not make wallets & belts?!
Pics will be put up after a thorough cleaning; sometime next week I hope
As for some of the inlaws, I think it is a catch 22 as one doesnt want to sound rude while asking to put on a seatbelt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Hey Selfdrive, sorry to hear about your accident. I have seen this happen on the Aundh - Pimple Saudagar road as well, where stones from the divider come on to the road. A colleague of mine witnessed an accident where a biker hit this stone at night and was thrown upwards.
The seat belt tightening is the result of the sudden weight on the belt causing it to lock. The pre-tensioners are connected to the airbag sensors and both will be activated together.
Thanks Tarun for the explanation of the pre tensioners; I was unable to understand this till I experienced it myself. IMHo, it is a very useful feature and should be available on all cars if not existing already.
As for displaced divider stones, I have become more attentive now and it seems this is a very common occurrence; almost at every second traffic signal just so that bikes can pass through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Best way to get over the mishap I guess
Bring on the pics man! I haven't seen too many Jazz'es with thicker tires and aftermarket alloys.
@adimicra, I guess retail therapy does help sometimes! Pics sometime soon, sorry for the delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@Balaji: Glad that all is well. Hope to meet up with you the next time you are around Nagar Road/ Yerwada area. Also, if you can PM me any recommended tyre wala's numbers - I need to get a couple of tyres for my Cedia in a few days.
Thanks S_U_N; I work at Bund Garden road, so we could meet up anytime during the day. We should try to get hold of mdsaab, shabahmed, jogidada, dot and some others who work/ live in the vicinity. Lets show those HJW guys

As for the tyre walas, the most recommended in Pune seems to be N Mehta tyres (Camp/ Swargate/ Kasarwadi). Their offer was overall 200 bucks (50 bucks per tyre) less than Lokmanya Auto, but continuing my fine tradition of conserving energy (also known to some as laziness) I went for the convenience in terms of location of Lokmanya Auto.
selfdrive is offline  
Old 26th July 2011, 10:50   #112
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 6,348
Thanked: 41,919 Times
Default re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Just read about your accident, my friend. Very glad and relieved to hear that you were alright and there wasn't too much damage to the car.

btw, looks like you took a knock to the head for the good. That's why the decision to go for the alloys and better tires after the accident!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I turned left at Gunjan theatre chowk, Yerwada and after about 1 km, there are a few breaks in the dividers. At one of these breaks - I am not entirely sure why - there were a few big stones intruding in the lane encircling something.
Could be the municipality guys working overtime or something. Seriously though, why they would leave stones bang in the middle of a road-divider break, and expect nobody to see it. They should have left a red flag or a sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
The seatbelt tightened on me and held me in place. If not for that, I would have surely been thrown onto the windshield or banged my head against the roof.
The seatbelt is always a life-saver. It's much more reliable than the Airbag, which gets activated only on frontal impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
After pulling over, no one stopped despite seeing hazard lights on a stationary car and indications/ hand signals from a couple of helpful passersby. I was the only passenger and I was not hurt, but this could not have been evident to anyone. There could have been other passengers, but no one was bothered. I can now empathise with Dilip Kumar for his 'arey bhaai, koi gaadi roko' line; one which I always laughed at earlier.
The typical aam junta mentality - "arre uske sath hua hai, wo jaane. Hum kyo padey jhamele mein." Sometimes it makes me wonder about the society we live in. Even when serious accidents happen, nobody bothers to stop their vehicle unless they are furiously flagged down to stop and told that someone is in need of serious and quick medical attention.

At least you weren't hurt and could take care of yourself. Shaken, not stirred, can we say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I left the car parked on the roadside as I was returning in the evening. Some family members got the tyre changed later in the day and I picked up the car on my return. Apparently even the RTO chaps charged something; the road was meant to be empty as some VIP was supposed to cross that area yesterday. I am not sure how or why that impacts parking areas anywhere.
Now that's utterly ridiculous. Charging a fine for parking on a road left supposedly empty for a VIP?

Geezbus, they might as well charge you for getting involved in the accident without asking for their permission first! "Bhai saab, mujhe apne car ka accident karwana hai. Kya aap permission denge?"


Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Rickshaw guys make a killing there. They charged me 100 bucks oneway to the airport for what is essentially a 2 or 3 km ride.
That's why petrol at Rs. 70/ltr is still cheap! Rickshaw wallas these days are well-informed on inflation, I guess.


Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I cannot rely on/ trust Indian road surfaces even if visibility is good. Early mornings are never good visibility conditions, but though the road was well lit, I could never have seen those stones. I wonder why people place stones on roads.
Only reason I can think of is that they were doing some work which wasn't completed overnight. But they should have had the area flagged. It could have been a more serious accident, but thankfully it wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
All said and done, quite a bad day for the tyres. While there is no noticeable change in the drive, I am totally irritated with all the punctures and intend to switch the set to Michelin XM1+ and alloys later (same size 175/65 R15 unless anyone is able to convince me that another size is better)
Like I said earlier, you must have got a good bump in the head without your knowing!

On a more serious note, the alloys and Michelin rubber are the best choices you can make. Best grip, stopping distance, car stays planted, minimum tire noise, riding comfort, etc. You can't ask for more.


Glad that all's well. Awaiting the pics of the alloys.
RavenAvi is offline  
Old 29th July 2011, 10:44   #113
Distinguished - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,952
Thanked: 3,313 Times
Default re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

I tried to install my sons car seat (the shipment finally arrived!), but I am not so confident about it. Does anyone know a place in Pune where they would fit the child car seat for me even though I have not bought it from them? The manual is available with me if they need to know installation procedures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Now that's utterly ridiculous. Charging a fine for parking on a road left supposedly empty for a VIP?
Geezbus, they might as well charge you for getting involved in the accident without asking for their permission first! "Bhai saab, mujhe apne car ka accident karwana hai. Kya aap permission denge?"

Like I said earlier, you must have got a good bump in the head without your knowing!

On a more serious note, the alloys and Michelin rubber are the best choices you can make. Best grip, stopping distance, car stays planted, minimum tire noise, riding comfort, etc. You can't ask for more.
Tell me about the fine maan, I was not pleased one bit. If I were around I would have at least gotten full value for it by giving them an earful.

A knock in the head virtually - yes! By the way, the tyres were anyway scheduled for change in August so this was only 'pre poned' a bit. There was no budget for the alloys, but I went ahead nevertheless

I reluctantly went in for Bridgestones as the Michelins were not fitting perfectly on the same size alloys.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 10:50   #114
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,423
Thanked: 289 Times
Default re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Man ever since you installed the alloys, everytime I see your thread updated by you, I would think that you might have posted the pics. Tell me, shall I clean your car?
anilisanil is offline  
Old 29th July 2011, 11:37   #115
Distinguished - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,952
Thanked: 3,313 Times
Default re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Man ever since you installed the alloys, everytime I see your thread updated by you, I would think that you might have posted the pics. Tell me, shall I clean your car?
Thanks for the offer anil, I might actually have to take it up the way things are going pear shaped!!

Some other emergencies this week meant that the Jazz did not go to the cleaning centre this week. She is also due for a servicing on August 2nd, so I am now wondering whether I should get it done by Crystal Honda itself; it will save me the bother of going to 2 different places and doing without the Jazz on 2 different days.

Again, my apologies for the delay
selfdrive is offline  
Old 29th July 2011, 17:02   #116
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,645
Thanked: 580 Times
Default re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Bala, you know that its not authorized to speak about your upgrades/ retail therapy without pictoral evidence right!
Man, bring on the pics. However unclean the car is. Tyres are meant to be dirty! That adds some more class to the tyres and alloys, IMO.
So now, without further ado, post the pics .
Swanand Inamdar is offline  
Old 29th July 2011, 17:10   #117
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,817
Thanked: 6,022 Times
Default re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

you know what guys, I dont think Self has gotten any wheels or tyres.....all natak!







(if this doesnt prod him, god knows what will!!)
mayankk is online now  
Old 29th July 2011, 17:14   #118
Distinguished - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,952
Thanked: 3,313 Times
Default re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Bala, you know that its not authorized to speak about your upgrades/ retail therapy without pictoral evidence right! Man, bring on the pics. However unclean the car is. Tyres are meant to be dirty! That adds some more class to the tyres and alloys, IMO.
So now, without further ado, post the pics .
aayla, dhamki?! Et tu Brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
you know what guys, I dont think Self has gotten any wheels or tyres.....all natak!
(if this doesnt prod him, god knows what will!!)
aajkal zabaan ki koi keemat hi nahi rahi

this does sound quite right, the car is actually sitting on 4 jacks
selfdrive is offline  
Old 19th August 2011, 08:13   #119
Distinguished - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,952
Thanked: 3,313 Times
Default re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Update:
The Jazz is back from her 30k service last week. The updated tyres are providing an unreal ride comfortwise. Alloys attract a lot of questions as does the car.
No niggles or issues except that the battery failed and had to be changed.

After the pricing update from Honda, when I asked their SA as to what they have thought of compensating existing customers who paid a premium and believed in the product, he only laughed. I dont know what would have been better but I have never felt so badly the urge to slap someone before. Never done that before, so didnt want to waste my record on someone there either.
Nevertheless, this attitude has put me off from commenting on an otherwise fantastic car. I dont want to keep announcing to the world and its dog that putting my money where my beliefs lay has only ended up burning more than my pocket and my hands. Adios, adieu, auf wiedersehn, tata to Honda

Guys to whom I promised pics, I am sorry I could not keep my word. Some of you have also seen the alloys and advised colouring up the chrome. I will do that and put up pics for my alloys on the relevant thread sometime. I will send a reminder PM with a linky to those who asked for the pics.
The Nano is doing well too, I guess I will put up a separate ownership thread for that one, after all even TASS deserves that more than Honda. Thanks everyone for your support and advise for these topics.

Mods: I have nothing more to comment on, please do the needful and pull the plug.

Last edited by selfdrive : 19th August 2011 at 08:16.
selfdrive is offline  
Old 19th August 2011, 09:36   #120
Team-BHP Support
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 6,336
Thanked: 8,687 Times
Default re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Update:
The Jazz is back from her 30k service last week. The updated tyres are providing an unreal ride comfortwise. Alloys attract a lot of questions as does the car.
No niggles or issues except that the battery failed and had to be changed.

After the pricing update from Honda, when I asked their SA as to what they have thought of compensating existing customers who paid a premium and believed in the product, he only laughed. I dont know what would have been better but I have never felt so badly the urge to slap someone before. Never done that before, so didnt want to waste my record on someone there either.
Nevertheless, this attitude has put me off from commenting on an otherwise fantastic car. I dont want to keep announcing to the world and its dog that putting my money where my beliefs lay has only ended up burning more than my pocket and my hands. Adios, adieu, auf wiedersehn, tata to Honda

Guys to whom I promised pics, I am sorry I could not keep my word. Some of you have also seen the alloys and advised colouring up the chrome. I will do that and put up pics for my alloys on the relevant thread sometime. I will send a reminder PM with a linky to those who asked for the pics.
The Nano is doing well too, I guess I will put up a separate ownership thread for that one, after all even TASS deserves that more than Honda. Thanks everyone for your support and advise for these topics.

Mods: I have nothing more to comment on, please do the needful and pull the plug.
Looks like there is a mass-resignation from the Jazz-fan club. Noticed that Adimicra’s Jazz thread is also closed.

Let me put in my comment before this one is closed. It’s a consumer market, and Honda is here to sell. It would have been worse, if they pulled the plug on the Jazz, and discontinued the sales in Indian market.
You bought the car when you need it, and you’re happy with the drive. Don’t think what others will think about you. I am sure that Honda is now creating a bandwidth to accommodate the 1.5L Jazz, and probably an AT.

On a side note (OT), I was looking to buy a LCD TV in 2006. My friend has bought one (37”) for SGD 5000, and when I finally bought one in early 2007, it was SGD 3000 for 42”, and recently when I was getting one for my BIL, the same size with full HD is coming for less than SGD500. Now is there a point in getting upset with Sharp, or should I be happy that I got to enjoy the big screen for the past 4 years?

Edit: Just saw the comment from Mdsaab. I totally agree. Maybe start a new thread for the Nano, but please keep the Jazz update going here. Thanks

Last edited by vb-san : 19th August 2011 at 09:41. Reason: Additional note added.
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks