Old 6th September 2012, 11:37   #31
VSD

Re: SUV confusion : Audi Q5 vs BMW X3 vs Volvo XC60

Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Did he TD the LR FL-2? What are his opinions?
Yes he drove the LR FL2 and he liked the ride but it just looked to dull and boring on the inside. Plus, a facelift shall be here in a few months time.

Originally Posted by andyb View Post
Booked the Audi Q5 3.0TDi . Feels like the ideal vehicle for a mix of city / highway driving. Surprisingly nimble for an SUV with that right amount of car like feel and decent handling too. On another note, already encountering inconsistent after sales (if you can call it that yet) and lack of customer care.
Congrats for your new car andyb. 3.0TDi is a briliant engine no matter what car it is mated to. I can't let go of our Touareg for just that reason.
The Audi has a good ride all together with great features to go along too but their customer management is horrible which is why i cancelled my booking after they backed out on the deal they were offering me.

After the cheque was handed to them and everything was finalized, i asked them to hand me a break-up of how the total cost. They had increased the prices of a few optional items and also included the things that were supposed to be included in the price earlier. I was told the extended warranty would be complimentary and on the final day they were charging me 65k for it whereas they had told me it was 58k. No matter the price had to be complimentary anyways.

Buying a 50lakh rupee car, the 65k doesn't hurt me much but they just moved from their commitment, which was quite unethical and even if i had bought the car, they would be treating me in the same manner in the after sales department.

Originally Posted by andyb View Post
Very different from my experience last year when I bought my first BMW.
I agree with you here, i have bought 2 BMW's in past 5 years and i haven't regretted my decision one bit. The dealership experience has been good and after sales has been quite good too. Parts availability is an issue but the job is done in a proper manner and the executives don't lie and keep you waiting days to revert back on a query.
Old 9th September 2012, 16:59   #32

Yes the 3.0TDi is one of the primary reasons I went ahead with the booking. I just wasn't convinced buying in the 2.0TDi guise. In the meanwhile the buying experience is getting more painful. There have been constant delays, delivery date was originally a few days back, and on questioning the same, I actually got a " This is not the only car that needs to be registered, we have a list of 30 cars", later followed by "I will do my best". Btw, the payments have been made, and finance processed all a week back. Super Show AUDI.

Can't wait to get delivery so I do not need to put up with the sales team any time soon. But this has scared the hell out of me as to what the A** is going to be like.
Old 9th September 2012, 17:29   #33

Originally Posted by andyb
Super Show AUDI.

Can't wait to get delivery so I do not need to put up with the sales team any time soon. But this has scared the hell out of me as to what the A** is going to be like.
Why don't you look at the competition then? I mean, if the initial experience itself is like this, the after sales support could be a big question mark!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2012, 18:53   #34

Why don't you look at the competition then? I mean, if the initial experience itself is like this, the after sales support could be a big question mark!
Will wait and watch next week how this pans out. It wont be easy getting a 20L downpayment refund and with all the finance processed and finance charges paid it seems like quite a task. Besides, I am not ready to throw in the towel yet. Very Disappointed - Yes, but at this point I still want the car.
andyb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 01:06   #35

Tell me about it! The guys were really polite and helpful but remained absolutely non committal on delivery deadlines. I desperately wanted a 1.8 A4 with black interiors of either white or black or silver and all they said was it would be difficult. Most probably a waiting period of 3- 4 months. The AGM actually told me that he will require a 10 Lakh NON refundable deposit :-S.

And the clincher is the fact that even i was to bargain to a certain amount they could not commit till that particular monthh of delivery as Audi India changes its customer incentive scheme every month. So assuming i went in for their 1.5 Lakh discount + Extended warranty scheme. All of it would remain nullified if the December offer was different.
Old 10th September 2012, 02:02   #36
VSD

I had cancelled the deal and the sales executive called back two days later an said the deal is still on with my terms and they will be paying for their fault of quoting me the wrong price of 58k(instead of 65k) for extended warranty.

The customer relationship manager called and had a chat with us and my dad finally said yes and the car has been delivered to me with all settled freebies and a few more thrown in.

I hope my decision of going back to Audi doesn't prove wrong in the future.

Finally i have bought a white Audi Q5 2.0 TDi with beige interior also equipped with luxury package, panaromic sunroof. I got USB and iPod cable, upgrade on insurance to gold package, floor mats as freebies after i had cancelled the deal.

I have opted to take extended warranty for 4 years/unlimited kilometres and Also went ahead with Audi service plan for 5 years/1lakh kms for extra safety. (its needed with these cars)

Attaching a few pictures taken from phone on the very first day of recieving the car.
SUV confusion : Audi Q5 vs BMW X3 vs Volvo XC60-image1826405216.jpg
Old 10th September 2012, 08:46   #37

Congratulations on your buy. Good to know you got your deal and more. Hope the pleasure of owning it now will take away the earlier experience. Car looks superb. Can't wait for mine to be done with. I have the same exterior / interior package. I'd wanted the black interior but they said I would get that only with a silver exterior, else I would have to wait close to 3 months.

While I am going ahead with the extended warranty, I am not sure about the service package. The BSI from BMW is a little more exhaustive and made sense to me. Besides I drive a maximum of 10k km/year, thats probably one service per year and not sure the service package cost justifies the price for me.
Old 10th September 2012, 09:06   #38
VSD

Originally Posted by andyb
Congratulations on your buy. Good to know you got your deal and more. Hope the pleasure of owning it now will take away the earlier experience. Car looks superb. Can't wait for mine to be done with. I have the same exterior / interior package. I'd wanted the black interior but they said I would get that only with a silver exterior, else I would have to wait close to 3 months.

While I am going ahead with the extended warranty, I am not sure about the service package. The BSI from BMW is a little more exhaustive and made sense to me. Besides I drive a maximum of 10k km/year, thats probably one service per year and not sure the service package cost justifies the price for me.
Thanks andyb. They don't offer any other interior option other than beige or black, so not much choice there.
I went ahead with the service package as my average drive per month is around 2k kms or could be more too. I have bought this car for mostly outstation use and i will need all the safety i could get. Plus, the service pack wasn't too costly and was financed at 0% too.
Old 23rd September 2012, 10:46   #39

Congrats VSD! how do you rate the beige interiors in comparison to the black ones?
Please give us some more pictures and do throw some light on the 0% interest since the car is a facelift and they still would rake in numbers without giving such offers.
Old 17th March 2013, 20:47   #40

Congrats om your new purchase.
For future buyers here is a video:
Old 26th September 2013, 11:52   #41

Need help on deciding SUV

let me start by saying that I have been driving Safari for last 5 years and have been a very happy customer, but it’s time that I move on.

I in fact had almost moved on with Pajero sports anniversary edition but last minute theatrics by my wife under some blind faith sign by her guru ji I am forced to go back on my decision with Pajero to maintain peace in my house. Sounds funny, come into my shoes and try and feel my pain.

Now the help I need from the learned here is to help me decide on a Capable SUV, with following considerations:

1. I am pretty used to sitting height of safari
2. Can extend my budget to max 45L
3. Don’t like fortuner (Please spare me the pain)
4. I do mostly city driving in delhi-gurgaon-noida
5. Max 1-2 trips within 600KM radius a month
6. Need it to be capable of making delhi-manali-leh-srinagar-delhi trip.

Guys I am really confused between

Freelander 2
xc60
Q5
Please don’t restrict your opinion to these but rather help me with whatever you think is best in your opinion.

Thanking all of you in advance.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 26th September 2013 at 14:57. Reason: removed [FONT] tags.
Old 26th September 2013, 13:33   #42

Re: Need help on deciding SUV

Originally Posted by hands-on View Post
1. I am pretty used to sitting height of safari
2. Can extend my budget to max 45L
3. Don’t like fortuner (Please spare me the pain)
4. I do mostly city driving in delhi-gurgaon-noida
5. Max 1-2 trips within 600KM radius a month
6. Need it to be capable of making delhi-manali-leh-srinagar-delhi trip.
Between the choices you have made and the current line up in the market, I would pick the FL-2 simply because it the most capable, comfortable and aspirational SUV in its segment. It can also tackle a fair amount of off road situations and has the LR badge to it.

However, I still maintain that a Pajero Sport would have been a better choice.
Old 26th September 2013, 13:58   #43

if you are not averse to buying a pre-owned vehicle, look at the Montero. fulfils all your requirements to the T and you may get a good one 9a couple of years old) for about 35L in Del

if you can wait for about 6 months, then the new Santa Fe will be a very promising vehicle that you can consider.

from your list, i would recommend the Freelander. the other two a posers and wannabe SUVs and totally not worth the price. the only issue is that after a Safari, teh freelander will feel like a hatckback- i speak from experience since i moved from Safari to captiva.....
Old 26th September 2013, 14:04   #44

Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
if you are not averse to buying a pre-owned vehicle, look at the Montero. fulfils all your requirements to the T and you may get a good one 9a couple of years old) for about 35L in Del
He is considering XC60, Q5 etc, so even the new Montero must be within budget.
Old 26th September 2013, 14:09   #45

AFAIK new montero is 50ish....but if it can be gotten for 40 something, i would say look no further.