Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2013, 14:17   #46
BHPian

Re: Need help on deciding SUV

With that kind of a budget you should just go with what you like and not ask around ... just kidding!

I agree with most here - Freelander seems to be the best option. Classy & reliable as well & should easily fulfill your needs listed.

Q5: Too many Audi's around
XC60: Should be second on your list if FL2 is not as per your liking. Amazing vehicle.

There are other SUVs well within that budget, but why not go for the max & best you can afford? You cannot go wrong with a LR
Old 26th September 2013, 14:25   #47
BHPian

Greetings
The Pajero Sport grows on you ! First instance I didn't like the look from the back and now I like it .
I have the same requirements and have done Delhi - Chandigarh - Jammu - Srinagar twice in a year or so and had taken my Sfx once and the Glx once ! They were extremely comfortable and when it was time to get a new one . The pajero sport was an instant choice !
The go anywhere ability I feel IMHO you only get in a mitsubhishi the higher you go the more skeptical you are to go offroad.
Keep us posted about the decision . All the best
Regards
Imran
Old 26th September 2013, 14:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

If you are looking at Q5 try the Mercedes M class. That is the best in its class.
Old 26th September 2013, 14:48   #49
BHPian

I would say go for the FL2 .

Afaik , Land rover also has a off roading test facilty somewhere in Delhi or around it to showcase the off roading capabilities.

Minimalistic & timeless design .

Also the Land rover guys are takking indian market moreseriously than any pne else in the luxury segment off late.

I would say go with the FL2 eyes closed.
Old 26th September 2013, 15:08   #50
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Looking at your budget and requirements, i would suggest the Mitsubishi Montero. It is a very tested and a reliable product. I guess it fits your budget too. If you are ok with used cars then probably you can have a look at some good used 200 series Landcruisers. Both the Montero and the LC are very much capable of doing delhi-manali-leh-srinagar-delhi trip. I really am not sure about the capanlities of the Q5/XC60 when it comes to handling no roads.
Old 26th September 2013, 15:29   #51
BHPian

Thanks guys for your comments and suggestions, Montero I have been told has been discontinued otherwise that's what I would have taken blindly. Though still feeling stupid to tag my wife's line. Otherwise pajero sport was the absolutely made for me.
Old 26th September 2013, 15:58   #52
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

You sure?
Check this out-
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.in/montero/
I mean even their test drives section mentions the montero.
Old 26th September 2013, 16:21   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
You sure?
Check this out-
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.in/montero/
I mean even their test drives section mentions the montero.
True the link exists but dealership says its discontinued. even they have taken it off their price list on the website.
Old 26th September 2013, 18:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

The ML 250 is not a great idea since they are pretty unreliable. You don't wanna get stuck on your mountain travels
Old 26th September 2013, 22:51   #55
VSD
BHPian

Re: SUV confusion : Audi Q5 vs BMW X3 vs Volvo XC60

Go ahead and get the Freelander 2, it will ride better than any other car in this segment. This car is meant for Off-roading and won't disappoint you ever. Audi-Q5, while it's good with features and looks slightly better than the FL2, but you can't rely on it completely, plus it is a little fragile to be an SUV. (take my word for it, i drive the Q5, but i wouldn't recommend a Leh trip in it).

The choice is simple, just buy the land rover and drive it everyday.
Old 26th September 2013, 22:55   #56
BHPian

Why would you want to buy a pajero when you can get a Land Rover freelander?? Plus the ASS for Mitsubishi is not good & the resale is bad.

I've driven freelander & Q5. If you want comfort & exclusivity look no beyond land rover. Compare any SUV to Range rover, the rover wins on comfort hands down!

I even preferred the interiors on Freelander over Q5 (well that's a personal choice though). The rover has sand, gravel, water, etc settings for off roading which Q5 does give.

Other than that freelander is cheaper than Q5 by 5-6L. Plus Audi charges extra for Sat nav, memory seats, etc which are all standard on the Land rover.

The ML doesn't fit your budget so it's out of discussion.

Cheers!

Last edited by Dante : 26th September 2013 at 22:59.
Old 28th September 2013, 20:33   #57
BHPian

Thanks guys then freelander it is. Sold my safari today as I was getting a good deal. Will get freelander SE at the beginning of navratras.

Thanks a ton guys for your advise and help in firming my mind.
Old 3rd October 2013, 21:27   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hands-on View Post
Thanks guys then freelander it is. Sold my safari today as I was getting a good deal. Will get freelander SE at the beginning of navratras.

Thanks a ton guys for your advise and help in firming my mind.
Taking delivery of my freelander on sunday.
Old 7th October 2013, 22:55   #59
BHPian

Finally took delivery of my freelander 2 SE in Havana color on sunday.
Old 8th October 2013, 11:45   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
The ML 250 is not a great idea since they are pretty unreliable. You don't wanna get stuck on your mountain travels
Sir i do own a ML 320 CDI and the SUV had clocked 1 lakh plus kms on the ODO and I have not faced any unreliability issues with her in the 5 years that i have owned her. The new ML's are even better as the company has rectified the airmatic issues and the new ML 250 comes with normal Shock ups and the ML 350 comes with caps on the airmatic to solve that issue too.

I would strongly suggest going for the ML 250 CDI instead of the other mentioned cars as Mercedes has a better service reach, Bigger and value for money in comparison to the others.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks