Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2019, 17:07   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 3gt Luxury Line dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo_rojo View Post
Due to the measurements of the body, and me being the 95% occupant of the driver seat in the planned car, I would love good headroom, legroom and under thigh support, hence when i drive the 3,
I guess you have a budget in mind that you can splurge and go anywhere based on the best VFM deal that you can get . Not a bad thing and since you have mentioned your views transparently here, I will suggest sticking with Endeavour. It's the most VFM car even with Zero discounts. At this time, there are not many 2019 left as they have almost sold out at least here in North. They should have the newer engine/ gearbox next year in time for BS6, so if you wait even till March, it will be worth.

I won't suggest going for JLR// LR as those are dated products and your first experience into luxury might go wrong. Regarding comfort on 3 Series, most Europeans are taller, so the front seats are excellent. On the rear, 3 or 5 both are equally bad. Similarly, X1 is not the something that I will recommend over Endeavour unless BMW badge is significant.

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th December 2019 at 17:12.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 20:20   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 50-lakh budget. BMW 3GT or something else?

diablo_rojo: so what did you buy ultimately? There were some great year end and BS-IV deals on in December 2019, and I hope you managed to get your choice with discounts!

Do let us know!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 08:38   #48
BHPian

Hello folks, I'm in the same situation. I had updated last that I was going for the A6 (previous model) but the deal didn't go through.
Criteria
My budget is 45L ex-showroom.
It has to be a sedan (unless it's a Volvo XC 60 )
Preferably BMW or Merc brand (but not X1, CLA, GLA)

So am I left with only the choices of 330i 3GT, 330i or c-class?

Am I missing anything? I'm not aware of any big discounts on the 5 series.

I love the GT looks but since it's going to be discontinued, I'm a little worried of the resale value.

Please help 😄
reachanoop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 09:03   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reachanoop View Post
I love the GT looks but since it's going to be discontinued, I'm a little worried of the resale value.
How long do you plan to keep the car? If you plan to keep it for a long time like 7 to 10 years, you should not worry about the resale value and look at the convenience the GT brings.

A couple of years back when I was in the process of choosing my car, I was comparing between the 330i and the Octavia VRS. I did not consider the 3GT at all as it was a little stretch for my budget and also because of the big size and what it may bring to handling. But then I ended up with a 330i GT and I am glad that I went for the GT. For a family of 4, the amount of practicality the GT brings is awesome - the huge boot space (you can fold the rear seats and sleep in), the spacious rear bench, the huge panoramic sunroof to name a few.

So, do not rule out GT because of resale value. Choose based on what the car offers.
graaja is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 17:40   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Please check with local dealers if they have any stock of the BS4 5 series available. One dealer had registered unsold stock in the dealership's name and was selling them at a discount - this could be a workable option.

The 3GT - a car I really like, but generally reserved for someone who buys this with their head over the heart.
The interiors will be dated compared to the G20, resale will be low if you plan to keep it for the short term, and doesn't have the prestige of a 5 series.
If you can overlook this in favor for better ground clearance, more space, etc. you should be able to get a great deal on the car.
The 530i Sport is another vehicle you can consider as discounts will increase as the facelift launch is around the corner.

An alternative to these is the base trim of the Lexus ES though at Rs. 51-52L ex-showroom it is above budget. No harm checking with the dealers if they can work something out though.
It is the complete opposite of the BMW in terms of driver's appeal (for that G20 330i, or the C300d followed by the 330iGT / 530i), but a brilliant family car.
Old 18th June 2020, 21:46   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Hello folks, I'm in the same situation. I had updated last that I was going for the A6 (previous model) but the deal didn't go through.
Criteria
If you can extend your budget by 5-6 lakhs, you can get a sweeet deal on a 530i M Sport. I have seen deals for 50-51 lakh ex-showroom.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 21st June 2020 at 19:38. Reason: Trimming quoted post
aman-bh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 22:10   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernabei View Post
Hi everyone,

We are currently looking for a car in the 50L range and had a few options in mind.
Hey!

So I have been in that exact situation twice now (with the exact same options too!). My usage for the car is exactly the same as yours, if not even lesser.

In 2015 we decided to go for the 320d GT (F30). That was a fantastic car but it seemed to lack the charm. It kinda felt mundane and a bit boring at the end. So in 2016 we switched to the Jaguar XE. Oh boy did we fall in love with that car, its now 2020 and we still have the same car (we usually switch out cars in 2-3 years but this one was worth keeping). It feels so special, its absolutely incredible. BUT I would strongly advice against the diesel XE. The petrol sounds incredible and has plenty of torque, so much so that it gets super tailhappy. The chassis (being a monocoque) is spot on with its balance, and with Torque vectoring and some tires made by god himself, its one of the best handling cars with four doors for sale in India.

Having driven both the new gen 330i as well as the new gen XE, I would still pick the XE cause it stole my heart. It looks incredible and well, its a "jaaaag" haha.
But the better car from the two is the former not the latter, the 330i is better than the XE in every single measurable way, but the value of the whole is greater than the sum of its parts haha! XE for me .
ParthVyas777 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 07:43   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Criteria

In my humble opinion, the C is too 'uncle-ish' unless you can make the C300D AMG .

As for the 330i GT, are there any vehicles available at all, and what are the discounts currently? Personally, I don't like the oversized rear plus the idea that the suspension is made extra soft for the chauffeured buyer.

I'd suggest prostrating yourself in front of your CHRO , and tell him/her you'll be a good boy for the next many years, and ask for a ₹3.5L budget extension to the BMW 330i M Sport variant (ex-s of ₹48.5L). Alternatively, I'd say go for the 330i Sport for ex-s 41.7L.

You can't go wrong with either with the blisteringly fast & rock solid turbo-petrol, tried and tested ZF8 gearbox and no worries about diesel etc. ONLY issue, you'll be moving from a F30 to a G20 so MAY feel a bit deja vu.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 12:14   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman-bh View Post
If you can extend your budget by 5-6 lakhs, you can get a sweeet deal on a 530i M Sport. I have seen deals for 50-51 lakh ex-showroom.
Are these offers still applicable on the BS6 530i M-Sport?

BMW launched the cheaper 530i Sport at around 55L ex-showroom, which depending on BMWs generosity could fit in close to the 45L budget.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 15:05   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Are these offers still applicable on the BS6 530i M-Sport?

BMW launched the cheaper 530i Sport at around 55L ex-showroom, which depending on BMWs generosity could fit in close to the 45L budget.
There are some offers on 530i M Sport but still won’t come under my budget. Hence I’m going to go with 530i sport with a narrow stretch. . Should get the car delivered in a week’s time

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
In my humble opinion, the C is too 'uncle-ish' unless you can make the C300D AMG .

You can't go wrong with either with the blisteringly fast & rock solid turbo-petrol, tried and tested ZF8 gearbox and no worries about diesel etc. ONLY issue, you'll be moving from a F30 to a G20 so MAY feel a bit deja vu.
Thank you. Going with 530i finally.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 19th June 2020 at 17:56. Reason: Back to back posts.
reachanoop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 11:00   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
diablo_rojo: so what did you buy ultimately? There were some great year end and BS-IV deals on in December 2019, and I hope you managed to get your choice with discounts!

Do let us know!
Hi !
Hopefully all of our fellow autophiles are doing well in these trying times.

I did finalize Ford Endy 3.2 Titanium+ in white, costing me around 38.5 big ones back in January. But the man plans and the Gods laugh - the vehicle got damaged while in transit and they offered me a 2.2 Instead, which was politely refused and the search continued on till March - when the Covid ordeal shifted Goalposts of the life - even if for a little while.

Looking towards used car market now - for Audi Q5/ BMW X3/ Jag F Pace/ with a budget of around 40 L INR and only considering max 2 year old well maintained examples.

Lets see how this search ends ! hopefully better than the last iteration

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 21st June 2020 at 19:37. Reason: editing extra spaces
Old 16th July 2020, 20:03   #57
BHPian

Bumping this thread.

My father-in-law is looking to buy a luxury sedan in the range of 50-60 lakh. He is not much of a car guy. This car would be used by him to travel to the nearby golf course and for monthly visits to his farmhouse. Also, often his driver would also drive the car to ferry around my mother-in-law and my brother-in-law in and around town.

He asked for my help to solve his predicament, but me being more of a motorcycle guy, thought the best place to ask would be here.

One of his friends, who owns an Audi A4, suggested he buy an Audi. But I'm more of the opinion that he should look at the C-Class or BMW 3-series.

I would really appreciate a little help here. What do you guys recommend? Maintenance and service costs are not an issue for him.

Thanks

EDIT: He's not averse to an SUV but he likes sedans more.

Last edited by cataclysm : 16th July 2020 at 20:05.
Old 17th July 2020, 06:45   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
Bumping this thread.

My father-in-law is looking to buy a luxury sedan in the range of 50-60 lakh. He is not much of a car guy. This car would be used by him to travel to the nearby golf course and for monthly visits to his farmhouse. Also, often his driver would also drive the car to ferry around my mother-in-law and my brother-in-law in and around town.
... snip snip ...
The dual purpose nature of usage - self driven with a mix of chauffeur driven occasions means a G20 3 series might suit his needs well. You haven't mentioned any preference for fuel/engine type so I'm assuming both work for you - 330i or 320d. They are running some good deals at the moment, so you might be able to get one.

The C has slightly better interiors and he should consider taking a look at that one too, since he is not predisposed to any particular camp yet . The merc has is more expensive to maintain in the longer run, but you did say maintenance costs aren't an issue.

Do check out the 3 GT as well. It has better space on the rear and better ground clearance than the regular 3 series.

Wild card entry - They do have some deals going on with the 530i currently, and if one enquires and sticks around, you never know what deals you can negotiate on that car. It is much larger and obviously one segment higher, will help to keep him happier for longer.

Good luck with your (his) purchase
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 08:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The dual purpose nature of usage - self driven with a mix of chauffeur driven occasions means a G20 3 series might suit his needs well. You haven't mentioned any preference for fuel/engine type so I'm assuming both work for you - 330i or 320d. They are running some good deals at the moment, so you might be able to get one.

The C has slightly better interiors and he should consider taking a look at that one too, since he is not predisposed to any particular camp yet . The merc has is more expensive to maintain in the longer run, but you did say maintenance costs aren't an issue.

Do check out the 3 GT as well. It has better space on the rear and better ground clearance than the regular 3 series.

Wild card entry - They do have some deals going on with the 530i currently, and if one enquires and sticks around, you never know what deals you can negotiate on that car. It is much larger and obviously one segment higher, will help to keep him happier for longer.

Good luck with your (his) purchase
One of my friend is in the market shopping right now. Anything you want to share in terms of deals on G20? He was holding back so far, mostly with the intention of hunting for deals towards year end..
Old 17th July 2020, 11:47   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
One of my friend is in the market shopping right now. Anything you want to share in terms of deals on G20? He was holding back so far, mostly with the intention of hunting for deals towards year end..
The last I heard (and this could be outdated news) from the folks at Navnit Bangalore, there was a deal of around 5-7L off on the 330i M Sport variant, and 4L off on the 320d luxury line. That brought the 330i's effective onroad price down to 55 or so (originally it was around 62) here in Bangalore. The discounts might have increased now, but may not be a drastic change from what I said.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks