Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2019, 19:37   #61

2018 GLE or 2019 X3

So i was looking into buying an SUV in the mid size segment and narrowed the list to the X3 luxury line.

But, the current GLE is available at a very discounted price because there's a new model coming in a few months. which bought it within my budget.

So now im unable to decide between getting an older version of the GLE or the recently facelifted X3. I know they are very different cars, the BMW was super fun to drive while the GLE had much better comfort. Ill both be driving it and be chauffeured in it so both cars are good for different situations. The X3 has a much better infotainment system and overall better tech. But the GLE is much bigger and can seat five comfortably, which is kind of a stretch in the X3.

Considering depreciation of value, service and other factors, I'm looking for advice to help me make a decision.

Any information is appreciated.

Last edited by halcyoner : 8th April 2019 at 20:04.
Old 8th April 2019, 20:07   #62
BHPian

Re: 2018 GLE or 2019 X3

Check out the X5

It too has major discounts on offer and since you are chauffeur driven most of the time, the bigger size of the GLE/X5 will be more comfortable and reading your post, you do seemed inclined to buy a bigger sized car.

The X5, I feel, will be a great compromise between the GLE and the X3 as it's not as outdated as the GLE and at the same time is a size bigger than the X3.

Also the 30d engine, will really put a smile on your face

Last edited by Pratyush2407 : 8th April 2019 at 20:14.
Old 8th April 2019, 20:31   #63
BHPian

I wouldn't go with the older gen car. The X3 is a brilliant vehicle and if you are going to be driven, then you could push the front passenger seat all the way forward to free up some extra legroom. It's also more fun to drive than the GLE and dare I say its probably better put together too.
Old 9th April 2019, 05:07   #64
Senior - BHPian

Simple question. How many times will the car seat more than two people (you and the driver). If it is often, then get the GLE, because of the extra space and comfort offered. Otherwise look at the X3 as it is a smaller and more practical vehicle, relative to the GLE, and it is a better driver car
Old 9th April 2019, 09:50   #65

I did consider the X5 too
But unfortunately, its out of stock. As in they don't have stock of the older X5 anywhere in India.

The only way to get an X5 right now would be to look for a test drive car(even those just got sold out in the local dealership).

One thing I'm concerned about are the prices being quoted to me. I went through this thread and the prices I see seem MUCH lower than what I got.
My current quotes are

1. 71.5L OTR for the GLE 250d

2. 69.4L OTR for the X3 luxury line.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 10th April 2019 at 15:04. Reason: Making it one logical post
halcyoner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 11:22   #66
BHPian

Re: 60-lakh rupee conundrum? EDIT: Booked Porsche Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyoner View Post
I did consider the X5 too. They don't have stock of the older X5 anywhere in India.
Out of stock pan India

Contact dealers in bigger cities like Mumbai and Bangalore- I’m pretty sure there will be some left in stock, I don’t think x5’s would be out of stock before the new one is launched.

But yes, the X5 has started selling well now due to the discounts- case in point, 2 new X5 M sports have entered my apartment complex in the last 2 months and there are countless other X5’s too that are not too old.
Old 10th April 2019, 13:44   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
...- BMW X3 20d Luxury Line is available OTR at 55.00L to me, after negotiations. That with an Abarth/ Polo GT TSI would still be <64L, and I am comfortable with that...

He means ex-showroom right? Not on the road. Because the X3 luxury line is 57 ex-showroom and I was given an offer for 55 ex-showroom, which converts to around 68 OTR

MOD NOTE: Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 10th April 2019 at 15:04. Reason: see mod note
Old 11th April 2019, 17:45   #68

I was able to find some stock of the X5 DPE from a dealer in pune. He quoted 65 ex show-room. But, he only has white and brown colors, I dislike both.
The choice is now in between the GLE and the X5.
I'll be test driving both cars and get the final prices on both before making a decision.
Any further information to help me decide between those 2 will be appreciated.
Thank you.
halcyoner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 23:26   #69
BHPian

New Macan Launching Soon:

Macan II - 2.0 L (252 hp)
Ex Showroom - 69.98 Lakh

Macan II S - 3.0 L (354 hp)
Ex Showroom - 85.08 Lakh

PDF Attached. This would make a good buy now. I love what they've done with the interior. The S sticker price is definitely good news. This is the price Macan should have been launched at.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Macan brochure.pdf (10.94 MB, 599 views)
harpreetkanwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 12:12   #70
BHPian

Quote:
He means ex-showroom right? Not on the road. Because the X3 luxury line is 57 ex-showroom and I was given an offer for 55 ex-showroom, which converts to around 68 OTR
I meant, On-road. X3 is seeing some very strong discounts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th April 2019 at 14:56. Reason: quoted content trimmed
Old 14th April 2019, 13:07   #71

Quote:
I meant, On-road. X3 is seeing some very strong discounts.
I've talked to dealerships in the south, even contacted multiple dealerships in cities like Delhi, Mumbai etc.

The best offer I got on the X3 luxury line was 64L on the road and that was a test drive unit with 2500km.

The best offer I got on the 2018 GLE 250d is 70L on the road

And 2018 X5 DPE for 65L ex-showroom
Its just I don't seem to be able to find quotes anywhere near what you got
Can you give any advice as to what I'm doing wrong or to just get a better price
Old 28th April 2019, 16:23   #72

Update: decided to wait until the new X5 launches (may 16), since the discounts don't seem to be as substantial as I'd expected.
halcyoner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 19:42   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Update: decided to wait until the new X5 launches (may 16), since the discounts don't seem to be as substantial as I'd expected.
I'd suggest don't delay it too much now. If you wait for more time now, all the stocks will be finished. If you really like the car, push for maximum discounts right now and go for it.

Else, you can always look at alternatives

Cheers!
Old 22nd May 2019, 14:02   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, Family!

Combos

Volvo XC40 + Tata Hexa
Skoda Kodiaq + Mini Cooper Clubman (Pre-owned)
Ford Endeavour + Punto Abarth (Combo lacks brand power unfortunately)

Congratulations on the Macan. A heck of a car.
For other folks in the same situation as you (like I was last year) - I went with something similar to your 1st combo item:
BMW X1 + XUV (as a 7 seater go anywhere with AWD).

I am happy with the above. I chose the X1 over the XC40 as it felt much more sporty to drive.
nd4$pd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 00:22   #75
BHPian

Hi everyone, in the market for a new SUV under 70 lakhs, this will be the third SUV in the family (after a Hyundai Creta and BMW X1 F48), am still trying to convince my father for a sedan but he seems adamant against them due to low GC.

Needed help in shortlisting a few vehicles, which fit the budget, and have decent after-sales.

Currently my father is keen on a GLE250d which we have been offered for 65L OTR.

My father loves the Velar but it is over our budget which has already been stretched to 70L. (unless someone knows of good discounts)

Looking for suggestions for good SUV's within this budget as we wish to close the deal in June itself.

TIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks