Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2023, 14:39   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Audi Q7 Vs BMW X5 Vs Mercedes GLE | Which Luxury SUV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile_plzz View Post
Thanks GTO for your feedback. Personally I am equally happy with Q7 and X5. If I am looking at equivalent features (nearly!!), X5-M sport is about 1.25cr while Q7 will land about 90. 35 is huge difference.
Between the big 3, I'd highly recommend shopping the best product & price mix for yourself instead of choosing a brand for people's perception, etc.

Although much lower on the food chain I was in a similar predicament 2 years ago. The A4 was petrol only but had a useable boot and better interiors over the 320D. And then it came for 20% (maybe 22-23% after factoring extended warranty) lesser money than the BMW. The Audi ownership experience right from the casual showroom visit in early 2021 through the 30000 Kms 2nd service completed last month has been stellar.

My only reservation with the Q7 at the price delta you have indicated is to double check E20 compliance with the showroom in written communication.

Last edited by manson : 8th September 2023 at 17:05.
manson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 16:43   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

My only reservation with the Q7 at the price delta you have indicated is to double check E20 compliance with the showroom in written communication.
How serious is E20 thing? I believe even when E20 will be launched commercially, E10 will continue to remain available for long period. Q7 is E10 compliant. Whatever little I read on net, E20 can run on E10 cars but will have 1-2% lower efficiency. Is this right?
Old 8th September 2023, 16:47   #18

If you want to drive yourself get the X5! Nothing will beat it from a driving perspective IMO.

We got the m40i in March 2022 and have loved every bit of it.
Get the petrol if it's not too much of an issue. If you really drive it then it will give you 4-5 kmpl. When our driver drives it it goes to 6-8 kmpl.

Is the back seat a bit upright - Yes, I think it's little uncomfortable for short passengers rather than tall (I am 5'10).
I personally prefer the upright seating as I feel it's better for the back..

Merc I feel is very backseat driven, the X5 misses out on some items there but the drive, the 6cylinder is just wow!

Enjoy!

Last edited by Kanishkb : 8th September 2023 at 16:49.
Kanishkb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 17:04   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How serious is E20 thing? I believe even when E20 will be launched commercially, E10 will continue to remain available for long period. Q7 is E10 compliant. Whatever little I read on net, E20 can run on E10 cars but will have 1-2% lower efficiency. Is this right?
Its been a bit blurry, listing down a couple of things that should have you covered:
  • Cars manufactured in India from April 2023 have to be E20 compliant by default.
  • XP95 (recommended for use with VAG petrol engines) is supposedly Ethanol free and you should not have any issues as long as you're on XP95 (really common now, wasn't the case when we got the A4 in 2021). The car certainly has more poke with the 95 rated fuel, feels more responsive (say 10-15 Bhp faster)!
  • Even with lower octane fuel the ECU adjusts the fuel burn ratio and it shouldn't be an issue should you have to do emergency tank-ups at unknown fuel stations.

Last edited by manson : 8th September 2023 at 20:31.
manson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 10:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Its been a bit blurry, listing down a couple of things that should have you covered:
  • Cars manufactured in India from April 2023 have to be E20 compliant by default.
  • XP95 (recommended for use with VAG petrol engines) is supposedly Ethanol free and you should not have any issues as long as you're on XP95 (really common now, wasn't the case when we got the A4 in 2021). The car certainly has more poke with the 95 rated fuel, feels more responsive (say 10-15 Bhp faster)!
  • Even with lower octane fuel the ECU adjusts the fuel burn ratio and it shouldn't be an issue should you have to do emergency tank-ups at unknown fuel stations.
Hey. XP95 is not ethanol free. IOCL is already blending 10%-12% ethanol is XP95. Their marketing teams on social media have confirmed this. A BHPian has also filed an RTI on this. XP100 is ethanol free.
Fiero is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 15:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Q7 has very good discounts. I did some preliminary discussions with 1 dealer. Once I firm up my mind, I will be able to do better negotiation and let you know exact discount.
Hi,

Even i am in touch with a dealer in Delhi for a premium plus Q7 and have been given a fairly good price. Would love to compare notes with you.
Old 16th September 2023, 16:23   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by manujkansal View Post
Hi,

Even i am in touch with a dealer in Delhi for a premium plus Q7 and have been given a fairly good price. Would love to compare notes with you.
Certainly Manuj. I am not sure how we can dm, wouldn't like to discuss on public forum.
Old 16th September 2023, 16:55   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi,

Quote:
Certainly Manuj. I am not sure how we can dm, wouldn't like to discuss on public forum.
A pm exchange would benefit one whereas a post would help hundreds. It would be great if you guys could share the information publicly without mentioning identifiable details of yourselves or the sales advisors.
manson is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 18:44   #24

Quote:
A pm exchange would benefit one whereas a post would help hundreds. It would be great if you guys could share the information publicly without mentioning identifiable details of yourselves or the sales advisors.
Hi, I just want to get car in hand at the very lucrative deal I got without any issues. I am expecting the car in next 1 week. I will be happy to share details in public, don't want to jeopardize the deal.

Manav, can you wait for 4-5 days?
smile_plzz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 23:57   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I just want to get car in hand at the very lucrative deal I got without any issues. I am expecting the car in next 1 week. I will be happy to share details in public, don't want to jeopardize the deal.

Manav, can you wait for 4-5 days?
Great that you got a good deal. I myself am looking to close the deal tomorrow probably. Your DM is shut so there’s no way to contact you privately. You can DM me from the profile.
Old 17th September 2023, 00:09   #26

Quote:
Great that you got a good deal. I myself am looking to close the deal tomorrow probably. Your DM is shut so there’s no way to contact you privately. You can DM me from the profile.
I am still on "Newbie" level so not allowed to DM till I become "BHPian" level contributor.

Since you are closing deal tomorrow and we can't DM, I will post here. I believe you can get overall discount of about 12.5-13 in Delhi on OTR. It will depend upon whether you have MSME registration or various other discounts offered by Audi to various professionals/corporates. This will include insurance discount of about 1.2-1.3 and dealer/Audi discounts of about 11-12. If you are getting discount lower than this, we can DM through moderator or something so that I can guide you on how to get best discount.
Old 17th September 2023, 01:04   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I am still on "Newbie" level so not allowed to DM till I become "BHPian" level contributor.

Since you are closing deal tomorrow and we can't DM, I will post here. I believe you can get overall discount of about 12.5-13 in Delhi on OTR. It will depend upon whether you have MSME registration or various other discounts offered by Audi to various professionals/corporates. This will include insurance discount of about 1.2-1.3 and dealer/Audi discounts of about 11-12. If you are getting discount lower than this, we can DM through moderator or something so that I can guide you on how to get best discount.
Thanks a lot for sharing the info. I’m also getting a similar discount and expect to raise it further at the time of closing.
Old 17th September 2023, 08:12   #28

Quote:
Thanks a lot for sharing the info. I’m also getting a similar discount and expect to raise it further at the time of closing.
I was able to extend my deal to overall 14+ discount but I had to do out of town shopping for that. Delhi dealers were not going beyond 13. Best of luck with your negotiation. Try for 14 in Delhi itself and let me know if you were able to get it. I had MSME discount of 50K.

Quote:
One more thing Manuj. If you are looking at buying all inclusive service pack for 5 years, I won't recommend it. My sales advisor was saying that I won't need it. I wasn't trusting him. To cross check, I spoke to 3 friends who have different Audi's. Everyone have had Audi for 6-8 years and they say their yearly service never crosses 20K to 40K, depending upon the car. At ~5.5 lakhs, interest of 50K itself will take care of your services :-). You don't need to invest 5.5 for service pack. Some of my friends have Merc and BMW, their recommendation was that all inclusive service pack is must in those cars as their service cost crosses 6 figures. Just talking to Audi owners while checking for maintenance costs, I got double comforted on my choice as no one reported any issue in their 6-8 years of ownership.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th September 2023 at 13:51. Reason: Please edit or multi-quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 20th September 2023, 01:38   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One more thing Manuj. If you are looking at buying all inclusive service pack for 5 years, I won't recommend it.
+1
Opt for the maintenance package only if they are included as free. Work performed under the comprehensive maintenance package is bare minimum indicated in the company schedule and anything extra that you may feel is important for the upkeep will be charged extra.

However please don't forget opting in for the extended warranty within 6 months from date of purchase.
Old 20th September 2023, 21:17   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I was able to extend my deal to overall 14+ discount but I had to do out of town shopping for that. Delhi dealers were not going beyond 13. Best of luck with your negotiation. Try for 14 in Delhi itself and let me know if you were able to get it. I had MSME discount of 50K.

One more thing Manuj. If you are looking at buying all inclusive service pack for 5 years, I won't recommend it. My sales advisor was saying that I won't need it.
Booked the car in Delhi itself and got a final discount of 14 in Delhi including a "professional" discount of 52,500 and no exchange. Could have got an additional exchange discount of 1 lakh but they were quoting too low for the exchange car so decided to sell it outside.

Not opting for the service package since annual running will be too low although the standard 5 year warranty ensures peaceful ownership experience.

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st September 2023 at 09:30. Reason: Trimming quoted post and some clean up edits.
manujkansal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks