Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2023, 08:28   #31

Re: Audi Q7 Vs BMW X5 Vs Mercedes GLE | Which Luxury SUV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manujkansal View Post
Booked the car in Delhi itself and got a final discount of 14 in Delhi including a "professional" discount of 52,500 and no exchange.
Congratulations Manuj. Enjoy your new car. Do share photos. What is your final outgo (including TCS though TCS is practically not a cost)?

Was it easy to stretch them to 14?

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st September 2023 at 09:31. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 4th December 2023, 19:17   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile_plzz View Post
Hi

I am in the process of upgrading from my Fortuner to a luxury SUV. After test drives and reading reviews of many others like Volvo XC90 etc, I have short listed these 3 options.

Hi,

As a fairly new Q7 owner I’ll shed some light on my experience so far. I picked up my brand new Q7 55tfsi Technology on the 7th of July 2023. Audi Kochi, they have been nothing but extremely hospitable during the purchase process and gave great discounts and a few accessories after a bit of back n forth negotiations . While test driving the car what stood out to me was the ride quality which simply none of its competitors came close to. After doing a bunch of roadtrips with the car, it’s been phenomenal on highways and the V6 engine is dead silent with more than enough Grunt to keep pulling at any speed, and the car wasn’t out of breath having enough power in reserve to keep pulling, I had to back off because of some dumb two wheeler who decided to swerve lanes abruptly.

The the matrix lights are truly amazing, it’s bloody powerful on the highways and lets you drive with the main beam on without blinding oncoming cars(works 90% of the time). On to the interior, the fit and finish is great and the only features I missed were ventilated
seats and wireless CarPlay. Rear seats are decent( as good as the GLE and have enough recline but are manual adjust). The third row is not exactly spacious and is best reserved for kids and short drives. The car returns 8-9kmpl on highways and abt 6-7 in the city. Currently I own a Vellfire, Lexus ES300h, Mini Countryman, Merc E220d, Jaguar XF and a Innova Crysta, and I can confidently say the Q7 is great bang for your buck. Audi have really ironed out any flaws and imperfections the prefacelift might’ve had.

My uncle owned a Q7 for 12 years and did 1.4 lakh km and only had good things to say about it. The last 2 years of ownership did cost him a bit but it’s not surprising as most cars do after 10 years. So I’d say maintenance should be similar for all the Germans.

Out of the 3, the Q7 is probably the middle child being extremely comfortable and powerful but a bit less dynamic than the BMW.

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th January 2024 at 08:48. Reason: formatted for readability. Removed mention of high speed.
Karjun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 20:25   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karjun View Post
Hi,
As a fairly new Q7 owner I’ll shed some light on my experience so far. I picked up my brand new Q7 55tfsi Technology on the 7th of July 2023. Audi Kochi, they have been nothing but extremely hospitable during the purchase process and gave great discounts and a few accessories after a bit of back n forth negotiations.
I bought Q7 in September 2023. Have done about 5000 KM on that. Fuel efficiency is exactly what you mentioned but I did experiment on Lucknow-Delhi expressway which is like you can do 500 KM without using your breaks even once. At 100KMPh, average was 14KMPl. Others were 110/13, 120/12. So if you drive around 110/120, it gives good fuel efficiency.

Happy with interiors/suspension/ride quality. I haven't been able to do 0 to 100 in less than 8-9 secs though they claim 5.8 secs. I have tried dynamic with sports as well as manual gear shift. Have you tried 0-100 speed test?
Overall happy with purchase. It costed me 2/3rd of BMW/Merc while giving me best of both.

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 26th December 2023 at 16:08. Reason: Mod note attached.
smile_plzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 23:32   #34

Hi!

Thanks for the detailed post everyone! I’m thrilled to see so many of like minded Bhpians who love the Q7. I’ve planned to buy a Q7 and should truly say this thread was spot-on and has helped in a big way in deciding the car. The inputs from all the people in this thread was instrumental in helping me decide the car. I’m finishing the details and final deal by tomorrow. We know it’s a little late for asking this, but, the entire thing has happened within 3 days. I’d like the members to help me out in getting a sweet deal from Tamilnadu Showroom.

We have been offered 7 lakhs and feel we still could bargain more as it’s the year end. I’m surprised to see that our bhpians were able to get 14+ discounts. If you could educate us, it would be really helpful! Please could someone detail the bargain and the ways we could negotiate to bring the price down by 14+ lakhs.
This is a gift for my father for his 60th birthday, further We have been wanting to buy this car for over 12 years now.
Thank you.
vivern is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 21:27   #35
BHPian

Quote:
I bought Q7 in September 2023.
Overall happy with purchase. It costed me 2/3rd of BMW/Merc while giving me best of both.
Hi, would you be able to share the deal you got? Thanks

Last edited by Axe77 : 12th February 2024 at 15:18. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 22nd December 2023, 21:42   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Hi, would you be able to share the deal you got? Thanks
Final OTR (without service pack but 5 year warranty) was less than 82 lakhs, a total if abt 15 lakhs discount. This is Premium plus variant. But now what I hear is Audi is not giving more than 5-6 lakh discount. One of my friends is trying to negotiate but not getting beyond 6.
smile_plzz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 13:10   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Final OTR (without service pack but 5 year warranty) was less than 82 lakhs, a total if abt 15 lakhs discount. This is Premium plus variant. But now what I hear is Audi is not giving more than 5-6 lakh discount. One of my friends is trying to negotiate but not getting beyond 6.
Hi, what is the exact discount you got on the ex-showroom price? Trying to compare the same with discounts I am getting now which is approximately 5 lakhs on ex-showroom
Old 26th December 2023, 15:54   #38

Quote:
Hi, what is the exact discount you got on the ex-showroom price? Trying to compare the same with discounts I am getting now which is approximately 5 lakhs on ex-showroom
I got a total of about 15 lakhs on initial quoted price (including discount on insurance and dealer discount) but that was in September. Now what I hear from my other friends who are trying to buy is that discounts are now not more than 5-6 lakhs.
Old 26th December 2023, 16:46   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I got a total of about 15 lakhs on initial quoted price (including discount on insurance and dealer discount) but that was in September. Now what I hear from my other friends who are trying to buy is that discounts are now not more than 5-6 lakhs.
No, I meant what is the ex-showroom price quoted in your invoice? That will show the real discount. Rest is we can deduce and varies from state to state for Road tax and insurance provider
Old 26th December 2023, 17:15   #40

Quote:
No, I meant what is the ex-showroom price quoted in your invoice? That will show the real discount. Rest is we can deduce and varies from state to state for Road tax and insurance provider
72.5 (including basic car/EW/Handling charge). Apart from this, I paid for TCS, registration and insurance.
smile_plzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 13:35   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karjun View Post
Hi,
The car returns 8-9kmpl on highways and abt 6-7 in the city.
I did about 3000 Kms in 2 weeks of my Q7 buy and get similar results.

Quote:
I bought Q7 in September 2023. Have done about 5000 KM on that. Fuel efficiency is exactly what you mentioned but I did experiment on Lucknow-Delhi expressway which is like you can do 500 KM without using your breaks even once. At 100KMPh, average was 14KMPl. Others were 110/13, 120/12. So if you drive around 110/120, it gives good fuel efficiency.

Happy with interiors/suspension/ride quality. I haven't been able to do 0 to [/b]

How are you getting so good mileages when the ARAI rating itself in ideal environment is 11?

Also I am not able to figure out if the subwoofer in the boot is working. How do I check?
Old 12th February 2024, 13:54   #42

Quote:
I did about 3000 Kms in 2 weeks of my Q7 buy and get similar results.

How are you getting so good mileages when the ARAI rating itself in ideal environment is 11?

Also I am not able to figure out if the subwoofer in the boot is working. How do I check?
I am not sure how to check if Subwoofer is working or not. Regarding mileage, I tried running 50 KM on different speeds and came up with these numbers as shown by car dashboard. I was resetting after every experiment. I was on XP-95 though at that time. Now I have shifted to normal 91 rated petrol as finding XP95 everytime was challenge. I found that local mileage or performance of car wasn't too much different between 91 and 95.
Old 12th February 2024, 15:12   #43
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure how to check if Subwoofer is working or not. Regarding mileage, I tried running 50 KM on different speeds and came up with these numbers as shown by car dashboard. I was resetting after every experiment. I was on XP-95 though at that time. Now I have shifted to normal 91 rated petrol as finding XP95 everytime was challenge. I found that local mileage or performance of car wasn't too much different between 91 and 95.
By RON91 you mean the regular petrol available in IOC/HP/BP?
Old 12th February 2024, 15:32   #44

Quote:
By RON91 you mean the regular petrol available in IOC/HP/BP?
Yes, regular fuel is 91 Octane rated

Last edited by KarthikK : 12th February 2024 at 15:38. Reason: Added a minor detail
Old 28th February 2024, 12:32   #45
BHPian

Anyone took the maintenance service package for 3 years for Q5 or Q7? Is it worth it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks