Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2009, 14:24   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Hey R7,
Its not amusing thou, your friends purchase story, as most of the people in India buy these luxury brands for that.
===================
Which color you going for? White? Saw a white and a Monaco Blue today at the workshop, the white looks way too good!
Is it a bmw 5 or any SUV .I think we will be taking alpine white.Most of our cars are white other than 2 scorpios and 1 safari which are black.

Do you take your bmw to any bad roads ? because our native is in karimnagar and roads are not at all good at some places.Even we're considering this also in our purchase and we have a factory and for that suvs are the best choice to go inside of it anywhere.But if we take this 7 series I think we need to give it a soft touch.And you said "abused" about your 5 series,what really does it mean and in what ways ?
Old 27th May 2009, 17:40   #47
BHPian

Hey Shreyas, What is the LWB package? Long Wheel Base pack or something? And isnt the Ambient lighting standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude7 View Post
Is it a bmw 5 or any SUV .I think we will be taking alpine white.Most of our cars are white other than 2 scorpios and 1 safari which are black.

Do you take your bmw to any bad roads ? because our native is in karimnagar and roads are not at all good at some places.Even we're considering this also in our purchase and we have a factory and for that suvs are the best choice to go inside of it anywhere.But if we take this 7 series I think we need to give it a soft touch.And you said "abused" about your 5 series,what really does it mean and in what ways ?

1. Mine is a 520d, if thats what you are asking... or maybe i didnt get what you asking!
2. Good choice on the color, looks fabulous!

3. Yes, i do take it to bad roads too at times, to our sites down kondapur and outskirts, and its quiet comfortable compared to other BMW's coz i have the regular Tubeless tyres put in, instead of the horrible hard RunFlats. i have in place the "space saver spare wheel kit" in case my tubeless gets punctured and i need to change tyre.

4. The 7 Series suspensions are very good, and its tyres, i dont think, is RFT. They are Pirelli Zero system tyres i think, which are regular Tubeless, giving much more comfort. Just check on that again.

5. Talking about factories, yea, i have seen the roads at Kathedan, where my friend has his factory, and the roads there are scary! nothing less than an SUV could go! hahaha... Mate, If your driving is going to be more on such rough roads, why dont you go for a Range Rover? it will cost you around the same as the 7 series, and will be loaded with options too for that price. Think about it... A Sedan will jump you off the seat and jolt you far more than an SUV, and you will not enjoy the drive.

6. About being abused, its like, i drive it cutting around traffic, in busy areas too, and its on a higher rev usually and hence the frequent incisition on my bumpers, i mean, i dont drive it with care, as one should drive a "bmw" in india. A close friend of mine, maybe you know him, he has a 525d, and he drives very neat and patiently in the traffic areas, and only opens up the power in B.hills area and beyond. know what i mean?

Last edited by ajmat : 27th May 2009 at 19:18.
Old 27th May 2009, 18:35   #48
BHPian

Quote:
1. Mine is a 520d, if thats what you are asking... or maybe i didnt get what you asking!
2. Good choice on the color, looks fabulous!
===========
A close friend of mine, maybe you know him, he has a 525d, and he drives very neat and patiently in the traffic areas, and only opens up the power in B.hills area and beyond. know what i mean?

Our main purpose of this car is to show off at our foreign delegates.And I decided not to take this bmw 7 to our "Ghastly roads" in Karimnagar.

And you're the real man for "BMW"

I think I've got enough information which satisfies me and I am waiting for LWB.

I see only BMW domination here,why no Mercedes ? is it that bad ?
Old 28th May 2009, 00:08   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
The Porsche Panamera.
4 doors, 4 seats.
17 exterior colour options
10 different interior colour options (leather)
twin clutch, 7 speed automatic Porsche doppelkupplung gearbox
adaptive air suspension
4.8 V8 400bhp (0-100kmph in 4.8secs) & 500bhp (0-100kmph in 4.0secs) option,
extendable warranty upto 9years
etc etc.

Option definitely worth a consideration.
sorry bro but i think this too expensive. 1.5 crores to start and god damn super taxes additional.
Old 28th May 2009, 00:50   #50
BHPian

Hey R7

Delta Motors Service in Hyd is pretty good.

They have done their homework before setting up the after sales for this premium brand.

Mr.Methiram/Mr.Kameshwar Rao go a 100 miles to attend to whatever your request is and i have seen them work the same way ever since they opened in 2007. Be rest assured of a good handling job from their side. The one-&-only downer is that of time. If the work is big, they take quite some time for the repair work, attributed to too many BMW's coming in for service/repair/miscellaneous jobs everyday & the workshop being small in comparison. The word is around from them about opening of a 2nd workshop in banjara hills very soon. It should give you a lot of relief. I would give them 8 on 10.

Do ask somebody you know about 'Mahavir Auto' after sales? They deal with Skoda and Mercedes in Hyd. I'm sure it would come in handy for your decision.

So, If you have a wide variety of people who would drive the car and the mention of the business concern for meetings, my personal opinion would be the '7' and it would surely fit the bill.

I believe the S is amazing in what it delivers as a 'soft-ride' but its best if you and family take a ride in both and decide on one.

These premium brands would be very hard to decide upon, I'm sure!

So, list down what you liked in each one of them(truly!) and go for it.

Either ways, you would still be stared at.

Hopefully, you would drive your near future luxury sedan after some more driving experience.

Safe driving!
Old 28th May 2009, 02:09   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Our main purpose of this car is to show off at our foreign delegates.And I decided not to take this bmw 7 to our "Ghastly roads" in Karimnagar.

I think I've got enough information which satisfies me and I am waiting for LWB.

Thanks for the compliment

And yea, the 7 series is just what you need for your foriegn delegates to get impressed! good luck with that!

About the "why no Mercedes? Is it that bad?" its more like... The BMW 7 is much more better and newer. also has a more standing road presence with its super wide and flat front.

Best of luck with your buy! (Trust me, the wait will be killing!)
Old 28th May 2009, 04:07   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
sorry bro but i think this too expensive. 1.5 crores to start and god damn super taxes additional.
Also would it offer the comfort (read comparatively cramped too) to the delegates, for whom the car is primarily being bought by R7.
Old 28th May 2009, 09:31   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post
Hey R7

Delta Motors Service in Hyd is pretty good.
===========================
Hopefully, you would drive your near future luxury sedan after some more driving experience.

Safe driving!
hey thanks for the reply friend.

Mahavir auto does the service for mercedes also.I am more satisfied with BMW 7 than mercedes and I did not get any info regarding mercedes.I will be visiting the show room today.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th May 2009 at 10:14. Reason: Please avoid quoting an entire large post
Old 28th May 2009, 09:38   #54
BHPian

No offence to anybody...but for a long time, I have usually run into people, talking about BMW's to be enthusiasts and not so with the other M brand.

Nevertheless R7!, BimmerPost | BMW Forum, BMW News and BMW Blog Site||Information covering the entire range of BMW cars should come in handy for more information.

Post some high-quality pics and a detailed report as soon as you are close to the holy '7'

cheers!
Old 28th May 2009, 11:05   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Shreyas, What is the LWB package? Long Wheel Base pack or something? And isnt the Ambient lighting standard?

A close friend of mine, maybe you know him, he has a 525d, and he drives very neat and patiently in the traffic areas, and only opens up the power in B.hills area and beyond. know what i mean?
yes,its the long wheel base version.heard its standard on the indian 7 series. i dont know which version i have because its not with me now.and ambient lighting,side cameras,turning wheels arent standard

even i am like your close friend.but i unleash the power in j.hills

Quote:

even the S is good but if you want to startle the Hyderabadi people you need to take the 7 because mercedes is very old here and any mercedes car means the same to the people who just know about the name "MERCEDES" but any BMW or AUDI is very special because 1)they are new to India and 2) they ARE super luxury brands
Old 28th May 2009, 12:02   #56
BHPian

okay friends just came from delta motors.

according to the dealer, 1 bmw 730ld and 2 750Li cars were sold.And on road price of the car is 1.01 crore INR with ex-showroom price being 80,00,000 INR.This 7 series comes with the new face lift and has 3 packages included.They include rear view cameras,dynamic and the last one i did not remember.

And insane devil I've asked them about alpine white.The one which you've seen in the workshop is mineral white.Mineral white comes with metallic finish where as alpine white is commonly seen in 3 and 5 series.And the shiny look is more in mineral white.

And I am one of the luckiest guys because,in around 3 or 4 days delta motors is getting a new stock of 7 series which include 2 black 730ld and 1 mineral white 730 ld with beige interiors.

And delta motors is not opening any workshop or service centre in banjara hills,it's still in working and will be opened shortly by the end of 2009.Right now,there's no 7 series in the showroom and last week they've sold one 7 series.

I am very much impressed with the bmw 7 series and the dealer says bmw is best when compared to mercedes because of it's new technology and new design with the face lift .

And regarding insurance,they've mentioned me about Bajaj-allianz and BMW joint venture scheme called as "secure" and I think it's worthy to get and I need a little more advise on this.It has 4 tyre replacements for punctures.

And please can any one give me a comparison between audi cost of maintainence and bmw.

thanks !

I will be booking the car by next week congratulate me
Old 28th May 2009, 15:09   #57
BHPian

hEaRty cOnGratulTiOns...

at least you have decided upon one firmly. Its very important to not have discussions at a later time.

grab that single mineral white before it comes out of the 18-wheeler...

At least by the year end, it should make things easy for many people after the 2nd workshop is up and running.

About the insurance,....,the earlier customers were given Reliance General which pays the customer directly after they have settled the accounts with the workshop after the repair work is carried out.

But i've been told that many customers who have moved to Bajaj-allianz are finding it very comfortable in the sense that they deal with the workshop directly and the customer only has to pick the vehicle after a few signatures....its worth it! Go for Bajaj-Allianz. I am yet to change to them. I will be making the move soon.

The tyre punctures covered under the insurance...Did you find out if the new 7 ships with RFT's or normal tubeless!? The advise you asked for would entirely depend on it. The RFT's on the 3 and 5 are pretty expensive to replace everytime they hit something and the RFT's on 7 would cost even more. As a new pinch-of-relief, their pricing, on 3 and 5, has come down from about Rs.25000/- to about Rs.13000-Rs.15000. If your car does not even have them, then the topic would be otherwise.

all said-and-done, congratulations again on the Holy '7' decision. I hope you can at least show it around to us sometime.. Even sitting in that car for a minute would cost money! LOL

Enjoy!!

and the on-road 1.01Cr is for the 750Li or the 730 Ld?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th May 2009 at 19:26. Reason: See note in post
Old 28th May 2009, 18:14   #58
BHPian

Quote:
and the on-road 1.01Cr is for the 750Li or the 730 Ld?
I think the dealer was telling about 730Ld.750Li is costlier than 730Ld I think.
Old 28th May 2009, 18:37   #59
BHPian

Quote:
hEaRty cOnGratulTiOns...

About the insurance,....,the earlier customers were given Reliance General which pays the customer directly after they have settled the accounts with the workshop after the repair work is carried out.

But i've been told that many customers who have moved to Bajaj-allianz are finding it very comfortable in the sense that they deal with the workshop directly and the customer only has to pick the vehicle after a few signatures....its worth it! Go for Bajaj-Allianz. I am yet to change to them. I will be making the move soon.

The tyre punctures covered under the insurance...Did you find out if the new 7 ships with RFT's or normal tubeless!? The advise you asked for would entirely depend on it. The RFT's on the 3 and 5 are pretty expensive to replace everytime they hit something and the RFT's on 7 would cost even more. As a new pinch-of-relief, their pricing, on 3 and 5, has come down from about Rs.25000/- to about Rs.13000-Rs.15000. If your car does not even have them, then the topic would be otherwise.

all said-and-done, congratulations again on the Holy '7' decision. I hope you can at least show it around to us sometime.. Even sitting in that car for a minute would cost money! LOL

Enjoy!!

I did not ask whether they are tubeless tyres or RFT's.He just told me about electronics and 4 tyres replacement.But after coming from the show room one of my friends called me and was telling that Bmw guys are ready to give a new vehicle if the car faces a hell of damage under the secure scheme but that was for 5 series according to my friend.Is that true ?

They will be calling me if the car gets to delta motors and at that time I will ask them about tyres.

And also regarding the insurance,dealer guy was telling the same.The insurance pack comes with 1.15 lakh.

And I am the only one who is doing more research on our new buy out of my cousins and my father.They are just seeing that as a show off package,but after spending a hell of time here,I really got interesting facts about 7 series.that link you gave me bimmer post,that was so helpful for showing pictures and other reviews.Special thanks for that.

lol,bro I think you don't know that I can't drive properly.My shirt was full of sweat when I've reached delta motors in my fiesta with hardly touching 40 kmph and the alto which I've started learning driving, it's in service centre yet to the damages I caused while learning.

after getting perfect with my driving,sure I will give a ride for everyone who helped me out here
Old 28th May 2009, 20:00   #60
BHPian

Quote:
I did not ask whether they are tubeless tyres or RFT's.He just told me about electronics and 4 tyres replacement.But after coming from the show room one of my friends called me and was telling that Bmw guys are ready to give a new vehicle if the car faces a hell of damage under the secure scheme but that was for 5 series according to my friend.Is that true ?
The 7er does come with RFT. Different sizes for the front & the rear. this is confirmed.

Regarding the secure option, this is how it works. Secure is a BMW product that pays for any mandatory deductions that are made by the Insurance Company in the name of Depreciation. With that logic, if you have a Total Loss claim approved by the insurance company, BMW pays the rest and in effect, you have the money to buy a new car. No deductions. Secure applies to 7er as well. The 4 tyres that are covered include Bulge & Puncture. So, more info for you to decide. When do we see the pics now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks