Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2009, 12:13   #91
BHPian

Congratulations bro

Congratulations R7 on booking the 7
As far as interiors and electronics go, the best way to learn about them is to use them I suppose.
It will take some time getting used to the layout but I am sure you will do well.
The best thing you can do now is download the manual for the new 7 if it's available and go through it.
Also when you buy the car please do read the manual.......
It gives tips and info that new buyers 90% of the time overlook
Eg: If there is a water fill on roads whats the max level at which you can take your car through that pool without damaging electronics/Engine etc.

Also when you buy the car the BMW people will give you a complete demo of the car.
Enjoy your car
PSamn looks like this is what the next 5series front could look like(In above pic hehe)
Old 31st May 2009, 12:36   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post

The best thing you can do now is download the manual for the new 7 if it's available and go through it.
Also when you buy the car please do read the manual.......
It gives tips and info that new buyers 90% of the time overlook
Here's something new again. Saw it at the workshop. The car does not come with an owner's manual (as in hard form). It has a soft owner's manual loaded onto its CIC that you can read using the iDrive. There is a very intuitive interface that helps you select the subject. Whatever you do not know...just navigate to that part/function & the talking user manual will tell it to you.
Old 31st May 2009, 12:53   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude7 View Post
yeah I will do that.7er is coming to the dealer this wednesday and I am trying to book the car on June 18th or June 24th.I will contact him soon and get them changed.

Can I have 20' with normal tyres ? do the 20' with normal tyres spoil the ride ?
Stick with the stock 18inch wheels. No doubt 20/21 inch tyres will look good but the car might become a show piece that is parked all the time because the ride is bad.
Personally i prefer simple multi spoke wheels on the 7.
I you want to change the rims I liked the alloys 235 and 252. On a white 7 painting the spokes black and the dish chrome would look amazing.

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 31st May 2009 at 13:01.
Old 31st May 2009, 20:11   #94
BHPian

Go for the alloys which would supplement the very purpose of buying the '7'.

Black spokes and dish chrome etc., would scare the hell out of the foreign delegates, i feel!

They would look stunning for a personal use.

All said and done, once the car is at home everything would fall into place naturally. Additionally, the BMW technicians will help with anything and everything during & also after the car's delivery. DO NOT WORRY!

Get peace and in the meanwhile you should get confident enough to be at the wheel very very soon.

cheers!
Old 31st May 2009, 20:27   #95
BHPian

With the RFT's, we have heard everyone say many different things.

RFT's would be a god-sent if you have a blowout somewhere on the highway or maybe even in the city but it could end up costing like a menace. Maybe, you will never replace them if your running is too less and confined to good roads and a stroke of good luck.

It all depends. Ride quality is not always the criteria for judging everything.

BMW could be doing it purely for marketing its RFT creation but do not risk blowing your warranty by replacing the tyres.

Who would say there is a sane reason to lose warranty for a better ride and then pay up lakhs for natural defects that could crop up.

I feel you should decide on the best looking alloys for now and enjoy the imported CBU as it is. It has more than what you can gulp.

Hail the holy '7'!
Old 31st May 2009, 21:43   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post

Black spokes and dish chrome etc., would scare the hell out of the foreign delegates, i feel!

That is so true. You could probably get a remap also. Scare the hell out of them on the drive to your office.
Old 31st May 2009, 22:07   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post

All said and done, once the car is at home everything would fall into place naturally. Additionally, the BMW technicians will help with anything and everything during & also after the car's delivery. DO NOT WORRY!

Get peace and in the meanwhile you should get confident enough to be at the wheel very very soon.

cheers!

My dad told me to keep the car for myself and today morning I showed him the interior pictures and he is not satisfied and uses the word I am not happy and again me asking dad you told me to keep the car for myself .

We had some conversation on this and I think most probably this car will be mine *Prays to God*.And also I was allowed to keep this car for my job purpose though and If I keep those alloys I think it would not give a corporate or professional look.

And after my talks with dad,I refreshed the pm sent by insane devil to
give a look on M3 or Bmw X6.Since,this car will not be used for company purposes,I was lost in thinking about other cars

( *holds a stick and running back of insane devil for distracting me )

After a lot of Brain jam I've decided to go with the 7er only.

I just want the 7 for my job purpose and the corporate look regarding looks ,don't want to spoil that classy and rich look which suits perfect for the corporate look I want.

And with the rfts,can I get any reduction in the price tag If I ask the dealer to give me the car with normal tubeless ones ?
Old 31st May 2009, 22:18   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Stick with the stock 18inch wheels. No doubt 20/21 inch tyres will look good but the car might become a show piece that is parked all the time because the ride is bad.
Personally i prefer simple multi spoke wheels on the 7.
I you want to change the rims I liked the alloys 235 and 252. On a white 7 painting the spokes black and the dish chrome would look amazing.

I am sorry if I am asking you again.What happens if I keep a 20' or 21' alloy to the car ? I've seen pics with 21s and they look amazing,owners were telling they had a very nice ride with normal tubeless tyres.

please don't mind !
Old 1st June 2009, 01:33   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am sorry if I am asking you again.What happens if I keep a 20' or 21' alloy to the car ? I've seen pics with 21s and they look amazing,owners were telling they had a very nice ride with normal tubeless tyres.

please don't mind !
lets just say the ride with 21" and tubeless tyres would be about the same as 18" rims are rfts.
Old 1st June 2009, 03:06   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
lets just say the ride with 21" and tubeless tyres would be about the same as 18" rims are rfts.
Forget about rft. I am asking about the ride quality with comparison between a 20/21 and default 18,in both the cases with normal Tubeless tyres.
Old 1st June 2009, 04:58   #101
BHPian

Have no experience with 20/21 inchers on a 7, but have driven/ridden in cars running real low profiles (Blades, 22" and above)

Considering the road conditions here in India and that too the fact that you're considering this car for official purposes, IMO 19" is the largest rim/tyre combo you should try. Even those will have a jarring ride on our pothole riddled roads. I believe it was accordmasters who stated that he had 2 cracked 19" rims which were on his M3. And that is South Delhi, with relatively good roads.
Old 1st June 2009, 09:50   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Have no experience with 20/21 inchers on a 7, but have driven/ridden in cars running real low profiles (Blades, 22" and above)

Considering the road conditions here in India and that too the fact that you're considering this car for official purposes, IMO 19" is the largest rim/tyre combo you should try. Even those will have a jarring ride on our pothole riddled roads. I believe it was accordmasters who stated that he had 2 cracked 19" rims which were on his M3. And that is South Delhi, with relatively good roads.
So it's better if I opt for the default 18's with tubeless tyres ?
Old 1st June 2009, 09:58   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So it's better if I opt for the default 18's with tubeless tyres ?
Yes please.
20/21 inch whels are not meant for our road conditions.
Regarding rft exchange: You will have to buy your own tyres and take it to the dealer before delivery. He will take back the rft and fit the tubeless tyres.
Insane devil got through the exchange in the same way.
Old 1st June 2009, 10:23   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Yes please.
20/21 inch whels are not meant for our road conditions.
Regarding rft exchange: You will have to buy your own tyres and take it to the dealer before delivery. He will take back the rft and fit the tubeless tyres.
Insane devil got through the exchange in the same way.
Some dealerships also do a free exchange/switch over. I got it done on my last BMW.
Old 1st June 2009, 20:53   #105
BHPian

You can very well maintain your corporate image with the '7' and after you get more comfortable with driving, you can press down on the pedal and believe me! The '7' with its monstrous LWB length and the stance on road is insanely beautiful when its zooming past.

You do get fooled once in a while about the '7's dimensions on PC but on the road you know it!

I sincerely hope you are getting ready!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks