Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2009, 00:21   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
I am sure insane devil can help you regarding this. IIRC he got his RFT echanged before his 5 hit the roads.
Bingo!
And also got that done for 2 more bmws, one of them of our dear member - Venkat, on this forum.

Its like, everybody who drives my car, is so impressed with the comfort, they are sold out for the tubeless tyres! BMW should really give the RFT's a pass, in India.

I have even converted both of them to the SprintBoosters! and even then, Sahil here still is hesitant to go for it! hahaha...
Old 30th May 2009, 06:46   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Bingo!
And also got that done for 2 more bmws, one of them of our dear member - Venkat, on this forum.

Its like, everybody who drives my car, is so impressed with the comfort, they are sold out for the tubeless tyres! BMW should really give the RFT's a pass, in India.

I have even converted both of them to the SprintBoosters! and even then, Sahil here still is hesitant to go for it! hahaha...

I am taking with rft's first and If I don't feel comfortable with them,I will sure approach you then.I want to keep them for sometime.
Old 30th May 2009, 09:16   #78
BHPian

hey...

Star spoke 311 is the best looking R7. The rest are so disappointing considering BMW's alloys which are always head-turners.

Anyways, I am not sure if the chrome alloys you are ordering would look so good?! I am not sure. Maybe the straight 311 cast alloys, as mentioned in the pictures, are better! Maybe!!

but either ways, the alloy option is the best of the available lot and it looks very very cool.

Of course, the all time best alloy option available for the holy '7' was on the old '7'. I do not recall the spoke model but it looks with a thousand spokes embedded and you even see it pretty often. Everytime i have seen them on a '7' outside, I have been terribly worried of running into the car ahead of me. I just cannot get my eyes off it!

hail '7'!
Old 30th May 2009, 09:59   #79
Senior - BHPian

Best of luck with 21inch RFT. I doubt if you will get any salvage value for your RFT if you use them for a while.
Sahil got his stock wheels painted to a different colour. So pick the design you like most, colour can be picked later.
Old 30th May 2009, 20:25   #80
BHPian

In some other forums,owners are telling that 21' rims are waste for 7er.20' rims would do the job with ease,it's because 21s have more metal and less rubber,is it so ? is 21 a good choice to go ?
Old 30th May 2009, 20:30   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post
hey...

Star spoke 311 is the best looking R7. The rest are so disappointing considering BMW's alloys which are always head-turners.

Anyways, I am not sure if the chrome alloys you are ordering would look so good?! I am not sure. Maybe the straight 311 cast alloys, as mentioned in the pictures, are better! Maybe!!

but either ways, the alloy option is the best of the available lot and it looks very very cool.

Of course, the all time best alloy option available for the holy '7' was on the old '7'. I do not recall the spoke model but it looks with a thousand spokes embedded and you even see it pretty often. Everytime i have seen them on a '7' outside, I have been terribly worried of running into the car ahead of me. I just cannot get my eyes off it!

hail '7'!

you mean these rims ?
Attached Thumbnails
What's so special about BMW 7 series.-21oem2.jpg  

What's so special about BMW 7 series.-21oem3.jpg  

Old 30th May 2009, 20:33   #82
BHPian

311 star spoke is not looking that great.these alloys are some what dull
Attached Thumbnails
What's so special about BMW 7 series.-alpineqwht-003.jpg  

What's so special about BMW 7 series.-alpinewht-003.jpg  

What's so special about BMW 7 series.-alpinewht-004.jpg  

Last edited by Rude7 : 30th May 2009 at 20:35.
Old 30th May 2009, 23:52   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude7 View Post
And here's my car overall configuration:

* Dynamic Drive package (dynamic drive,integral active steering)

* Insurance Packages:BMW secure + BSIU (5years with 60k).

* I am going with RFTs for a while and If I don't feel comfortable with them,then I will change them.And the alloys I've mentioned they take 25 days as they are not available with the car and need to be ordered separately.The alloys which come with the car are 18'.And my doubt is can I find black coloured 21' alloys for my 7 ?

And is it good to choose 21' for this 7 series and I am posting the available alloys of BMW,please do tell me which one is good !
Bro! Looks like you had your shopping cart full. Boy! You got everything that was available. All the best & will be looking forward to the pix.

Regarding your rim choice, Ouch! those 21' rims look dangerous. Low profile tyres+one good heavy cars+indian roads...they do not make a good combination. If I were you, I'd stick to the standard offering of 18'. Rest assured...the stock car in itself is a big head turner...then why spoil your sheer driving pleasure with a more damage prone wheel & tyre combination.

Dynamic Drive Package: Did you know that when the system kicks in, there is a click sound from underneath. Som people find it annoying, so I recommend that you visit the dealer and check it for yourself.
Old 31st May 2009, 01:47   #84
BHPian

Hey...

As a personal opinion, I feel the chrome alloys are better suited for the M's and they somehow do not fit the image that the holy '7' carries for itself.

The cast alloys are definitely nicer but the spoke model should be of your choice. The old choices, i believe, are unavailable now.

Check them out and only the good looking ones should prevail.

Cheers
Old 31st May 2009, 08:16   #85
BHPian

The packages that I've mentioned are not optional.They come along with the car and the only package that's optional is The Luxury Package with the seat cooling and heating.

I am still gathering some info regarding alloys and most probably I will be going for the standard 18' or will go for 20'.I don't know how 20' do on indian roads,still working on that.

Regarding DD package,I don't know about that click sound.Is it for every 7 model or only 2009 model ?
Old 31st May 2009, 10:08   #86
BHPian

After a 5 hour hard work on run flat tyres,decided not to go with them.I think I don't have an option to change them.According to my work,run flat tyres are hard on the drive and spoil the drive comfort according to many users from other countries who have got better roads than india .And also,they have enjoyed the drive very much with the normal tyres and also 7 er performs the best with the normal tyres rather to the runflats.

And I have another option with this,since I am going for the BMW secure package which gives a 4 tyre replacement,I want to keep those runflats and see how the vehicle goes with the runflats and also one of the bmw technician says runflats are really a waste of money,instead the regular rubbers will do the best and If you want the runflat experience,go for the Michelin tyres which perform very well with the 7er or any BMW

any opinions on this one ?

Beamer boy,where did you get that info on that click sound,I asked 2 owners in my circle and have searched in other forums,no one complained on it.Is it on 2009 model or previous models of 7
Old 31st May 2009, 10:22   #87
Senior - BHPian

@rude pm insane devil he will help you negotiate with the dealer to take back the run flat tyres. Stick to 18 inch rims with tubeless tyres. There is no way you can take your 7 series with 21 inch wheels and rft anything above 60 on our pot hole ridden roads forget about karimnagar (it is on the way to our village so i know how the roads are).
You will not like the 7 series experience with RFT. I have driven and been driven in a 7 series with 18inch RFT and i would go as far as saying that the ride was horrible ( I felt the innova was better). After the tubeless transformation it should be almost as comfy as the s class.
Old 31st May 2009, 10:23   #88
BHPian

Beamer boy

2009 7 series spooling/whining - 7Post - 7 Series Forum

Is this the sound you were telling about ?
Old 31st May 2009, 10:26   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
@rude pm insane devil he will help you negotiate with the dealer to take back the run flat tyres. Stick to 18 inch rims with tubeless tyres. There is no way you can take your 7 series with 21 inch wheels and rft anything above 60 on our pot hole ridden roads forget about karimnagar (it is on the way to our village so i know how the roads are).
You will not like the 7 series experience with RFT. I have driven and been driven in a 7 series with 18inch RFT and i would go as far as saying that the ride was horrible ( I felt the innova was better). After the tubeless transformation it should be almost as comfy as the s class.
yeah I will do that.7er is coming to the dealer this wednesday and I am trying to book the car on June 18th or June 24th.I will contact him soon and get them changed.

Can I have 20' with normal tyres ? do the 20' with normal tyres spoil the ride ?
Old 31st May 2009, 11:29   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude7 View Post
Beamer boy

2009 7 series spooling/whining - 7Post - 7 Series Forum

Is this the sound you were telling about ?
Yes, I guess that's the one. Honestly I am not in the F02 buying segment yet. But nevertheless...that machine is amazing & so, I cannot hold myself back from striking a conversation about it whenever I am at the dealership. This info about the Dynamic Drive sound, I got it from there only & so I thought to share with you.

On the tyre front, stick to factory fitted wheel & tyre combination. Knowing about Karimnagar roads...you won't want to have your F02 parked in the garage & waiting for replacement rim & tyre in case they get damaged (Read: Factory fitted rim & tyres will have better availability at the dealer)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks