Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2010, 18:40   #46
BHPian

Something seriously wrong at Audi - The salesperson told me they are having some homologation issues due to which any custom/irregular orders will be pushed back to end april. My 2.0 tfsi is also on the same boat..guy can't commit anything on this engine...'it will happen when it happens' he says since its Audi India which is responsible for the govt clearances..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOBOSpeedster View Post
Booked in Mid-November, and in Mid Jan they say it wont come nefore end April. NUTS!
Old 21st January 2010, 21:22   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Congrats SOBO !! Good choice indeed. Don't let the long wait tempt you to other options as it would happen in due course of time (believe me )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
Something seriously wrong at Audi - The salesperson told me they are having some homologation issues due to which any custom/irregular orders will be pushed back to end april. My 2.0 tfsi is also on the same boat..guy can't commit anything on this engine...'it will happen when it happens' he says since its Audi India which is responsible for the govt clearances..
See .. this is happening as I had predicted !!
Old 21st January 2010, 21:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear that buddy! Are you sure that you want to cancel your booking?
Anyways, which is that 'rare car' you mentioned above? Expecting a stunner there!!
Old 22nd January 2010, 13:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

Guys sad to hear that. I was expecting this as i have dealt with Audi Mumbai before and it is a common practice with all off A.C.'s dealerships (Audi, Porsche and Ducati). They take the amount and then start giving you excuses off all sorts. The amount paid by you is rolled in other dealerships and then when all accounts are upto mark the car is ordered. That is why it takes longer for a car to be imported. Please do check the recipt or any other paper signed by you. It should not carry a no cancellation clause in it, If so then you have no choice but to wait for the car even if it means a few months more.
I had a friend working there and he told me my car was not ordered itself and there was a same coloured and spec A6 in their stockyard. I just had that car towed to the service center and had the PDA done under the supervision of my guys and took delivery of it. I would not deal with these guys again and had even written to Audi about the same. I also have heard Audi wants to remove their dealership and is looking out for a new one.

SoboSpeedter all the best for the stonker that your going to test drive. Something in a simlar price range and category or bigger?
Old 23rd January 2010, 10:40   #50
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Unfortunate. I don't know why brands market cars that they cannot deliver for months on end. All the more so with Audi which is already lagging behind Merc & BMW in sales.

@ Sobospeedster : I don't know if you'd be interested but Mumbai BMW dealers are offloading stocks of the 530d. Assembly has apparently stopped to make way for the new generation. Heavy discount on old stock. BMW 530d for 37 lakhs ex-showroom Mumbai and may still have more scope for bargaining.

Quote:
I seem to have found an absolute beauty which I am checking out today. Very rare in India and will kill any of the above mentioned cars. It is used, but still has a whole lot of muscle.
I am a fan of used deals! Do update after your test, and especially if you decide to go for it.
Old 23rd January 2010, 12:21   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

@ Sobospeedster : I don't know if you'd be interested but Mumbai BMW dealers are offloading stocks of the 530d. Assembly has apparently stopped to make way for the new generation. Heavy discount on old stock. BMW 530d for 37 lakhs ex-showroom Mumbai and may still have more scope for bargaining.

Thanks a steal for the 530d; it translates to a discount of almost 15%
Old 23rd January 2010, 17:36   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
Sorry for going OT. But few days back there was a fresh Dec/09 white 530d being offered at 32L at BMW Delhi (Moti-Bagh one) as due to some financial issues the original owner could not take the delivery (That's the story I was told). I'm sure it must have gone by now.
Old 24th January 2010, 10:24   #53
BHPian

Hey Sobo, I dont know much about Audi, but read that they have launched a A6 for 37L? FYI :-)
Old 25th January 2010, 12:49   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Heavy discount on old stock. BMW 530d for 37 lakhs ex-showroom Mumbai and may still have more scope for bargaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
So the 530D works out a FULL 3 lakh cheaper than the new E250D. Just WOW.
TO add, its also is right time to even buy a used 530D (maybe 26-27 laks for a year used example)

Last edited by dipen : 25th January 2010 at 12:50.
Old 25th January 2010, 17:38   #55

FINALLY SOME RESOLVE!

Hey Guys,

I know there are going to be 2 schools of thought about this.. but I have made my decision. The car I test drove was a 2006 BMW 540i (E60) with a 4 liter V8 under the hood! It has done 30k kilometers.. but boy oh boy... the power this baby has is unbelievable!!!

Its a CBU, and 3 years old. The new car was for approx 50k Euro and with import duty and registration would have cost the buyer approx 70 lakhs. It is also loaded with various options like comfort seats etc.

The stock details of this car are a 4 liter V8 with 302hp and 375NM of torque.. which sounds less... but boy how that is wrong!! in normal mode it is a nice everyday car drive.. but shift it to sport mode and the naturally aspirated V8 monster does what it was made to do!!!!!

BMW claimed 0-100 times on this car to be 5.9 seconds!! damn that is fast.. also.. this car does not have runflats, but regular Michelins and the ride is amazing!! good brakes and suspension to handle the larger engine.

Also... I am probably going to get back my deposit from Audi India for the A4!! Will tell you how i did this one once it happens.

So there you have it... was spending 45 lakhs on a A4 3.0 TDI which i would have had to wait till May for. Now spending 30 lakhs for a 2006 BMW 540i (E60) with 30k kilometers...

Would love your opinions... but have taken the plunge already!! Will keep you guys updated with pics. Cheers
Old 26th January 2010, 02:06   #56
BHPian

Welcome to the BMW family !

Good choice with the 540i, she will be a hoot to drive.

Happy Motoring.
Old 26th January 2010, 03:10   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Great choice ! V8 petrol with that awesome BMW exhaust note is something the Audi would never come close to. I have driven the 545i e60 extensively and boy what a monster it was.
Only downside is the cost of running will be atleastt double, you would need 97ocatne to get all the juice out of that v8. But its well worth the money if you think just by the heart.
Congrats, when is she coming home? Do post pics.
Old 26th January 2010, 08:21   #58

Thanks guys!!

She is coming home on Thursday!! I am traveling and will also be home on Thursday.
i will definitely post pics and whatever review I am capable of writing after driving her for a week.
Old 26th January 2010, 20:44   #59
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Man, that V8 will sure as hell make up for any A4 3.0 heartburn. Congrats!

Please have all the paperwork verified directly with the authorities and ensure all taxes / duties have been paid. The way that the law works, any liability (from duty under invoicing) will be yours.

Bet you can't wait for Thursday. And we can't for the pics.

Quote:
this car does not have runflats, but regular Michelins and the ride is amazing!!
A small thing that shows the previous owner knew his cars.
Old 26th January 2010, 21:04   #60

Thanks GTO... definitely can't wait for Thursday!!

All paperwork is in order, checked and cross-checked. Will post pics soon.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks