Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 20:12   #46
BHPian

discontinued for A4 - here & in the US for sure- I think Europe also- check if you want. U sure it wasn't the Diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
is the 3.2 fsi really discontinued? a friend on mine had booked one in jan and was told last week that his is going into production now and to expect delivery by end april. now hes from a very big builders family and i dont think they would give him false info, so i dont think the 3.2 is discontinued.

Last edited by Speeding@160mph : 24th February 2010 at 20:14.
Old 24th February 2010, 20:35   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
discontinued for A4 - here & in the US for sure- I think Europe also- check if you want. U sure it wasn't the Diesel?
yes sure its the 3.2 because i went with him to book it. i told him it might be discontinued and to clarify again. audi uk still seems to have it. anyway im hoping its discontinued, ive been telling him to get the 3.0tdi lol.
Old 24th February 2010, 21:11   #48
BHPian

Quote:
yes sure its the 3.2 because i went with him to book it. i told him it might be discontinued and to clarify again. audi uk still seems to have it. anyway im hoping its discontinued, ive been telling him to get the 3.0tdi lol.
The 3.2 isn't discontinued or at least our dealership hasn't been told about it so far. You can still get one, altough you will have to place a fresh order from the factory in Aurangabad which will take you 17 weeks (from production to delivery).
Old 24th February 2010, 21:33   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
The 3.2 isn't discontinued or at least our dealership hasn't been told about it so far. You can still get one, altough you will have to place a fresh order from the factory in Aurangabad which will take you 17 weeks (from production to delivery).
which one is your dealership? do they assemble the 3 litre a4s over here? i thought the 3 litres were CBUs.
Old 24th February 2010, 21:51   #50
BHPian

Quote:
which one is your dealership? do they assemble the 3 litre a4s over here? i thought the 3 litres were CBUs.
All A4's and A6's are CKD's. Q5's and Q7's are all CBU. Q5 will start to be assembled at the plant by mid 2010.

I'm from the new Audi dealership in Mumbai. Its called Audi Mumbai West, check out our ad in tomo's Bombay Times. Our showroom ain't ready yet but we've begun selling cars.
Old 25th February 2010, 11:02   #51
BHPian

Would any of you guys buy a 3.2 TFSI just sitting around for 6-9 months? I don't know or understand the parameters by which I should be considering this situation!

Can there be any problems which come about simply due to not using the car for such an extended period? My Uncle had a SL500 in NY which he almost never used - the car had several complete breakdowns by 50kMiles over 8 years!

Considering the alternate of waiting 2 months - I am really tempted to take this offer but am very iffy of what the cars condition may actually turn out to be. Can anyone provide a technical/educated response? I have no idea and would really appreciate anybody who can give me an honest/knowledgeable response!

Thanks!
Old 25th February 2010, 17:34   #52
BHPian

They offered me the same 3.2 back in Dec. Do NOT pay more than 32-33L on road for it. That car (3.2) depreciates like a stone, and is already basically almost a one year old car (discontinued as well), albeit with no mileage.

Try Sachin Burman at Audi Gurgaon again. Sorry to hear about this experience though. Hope the 2.0 TFSI works out. Accurate comments about the C and the 3.
Old 26th February 2010, 09:34   #53

Speeding,

Im sorry to say but Audi India just doesnt have it together. They have stock of cars people dont want and no stock of ones people do want. When i ordered the A4 3.0 TDI, they told me 2 months later that it will take 5 more months, and offered me a black one which had been driven in Germany for 7000km and 1 lakh discount?? I think they are off their rocker.

I ended buying a used 540i, which i absolutely LOVE. But I read in the Business Standard this morning that BMW is launching the 330i!! That is the car to get my friend.. without a doubt!
Old 26th February 2010, 12:16   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOBOSpeedster View Post
Speeding,

Im sorry to say but Audi India just doesnt have it together. They have stock of cars people dont want and no stock of ones people do want. When i ordered the A4 3.0 TDI, they told me 2 months later that it will take 5 more months, and offered me a black one which had been driven in Germany for 7000km and 1 lakh discount?? I think they are off their rocker.

I ended buying a used 540i, which i absolutely LOVE. But I read in the Business Standard this morning that BMW is launching the 330i!! That is the car to get my friend.. without a doubt!
Spot on ! I think Audi India is taking things way too easy .

I was offered the exact same A4 3.0 TDI run 8000 kms in Germany for a 4 lac discount (ex-showroom).
My counter-offer was 8 lacs off; else told the sales rep to take a hike !

They then came back with an offer on two A6's (2008 manuf.) - 10 lacs off on the Petrol and 8 lacs off on the Diesel.

You made a good choice with the 540i, besides BMW service is way better than Audi's (in the South, at-least).
BMW has launched the 330i at almost the same price as the 325i ( now dis-continued ).

This evening, they will showcase the 5 series GT and X1, at the Chennai dealership.

Last edited by ecclipse78 : 26th February 2010 at 12:21.
Old 26th February 2010, 21:22   #55
BHPian

I am at a serious loss of words (which is rare)!!!

@prashant - yeah- i was also offered the same car back in December when i booked the 2.0tfsi but declined then. Since i don't want to wait another 2 months again I made them an offer of 34OTR - Their best so far is 39. It is a July 09 car sitting in the showroom for 9 months with 70odd km driven! There is no way of knowing what problems can crop up with a turbocharged engine which has just been sitting idle for so long!

@sobo - Audi has really lost the plot - there is no way they can even dream of competing with BMW Service & facilitation! But the 3 honestly has no appeal to me.

@ Ecclipse - LoL - I asked these guys to find Sobo's car which i know he canceled - I was hoping the system would show a 3.0 for a March end delivery but they didn't have any 'New cars' - they did offer a 3.0Tdi which was 'slightly' used in Germany as a TD he said - again i didn't want a used car so decided to storm out the showroom hurling obscenities!

Am in touch with Audi Gurgaon and hopefully they will have better options available - will find out by monday!

Till then...Audi bashing time!

Last edited by Speeding@160mph : 26th February 2010 at 21:29.
Old 26th February 2010, 21:49   #56
BHPian

All of you should start sending hate mails to AUDI. Its strange that these people are not interested in selling a 30 lakh car. And a 10 lakh discount is ridiculous. Funny world we live in. Have to bargain for premium cars Palika Bazaar style.. Is the case same with the Q7's and Q5's?
Old 26th February 2010, 23:10   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
bargain for premium cars Palika Bazaar style.. Is the case same with the Q7's and Q5's?
I was offered a 14lac discount for a New 2009 4.2 tsfi Q7 Fully loaded - I was told the Car is 79 lacs and he was offering it to me for 65! So yep...its the same as any business...old stock has no value...cut your losses and try to get the most possible for anything which is older than 2-3 months!

Friends of mine who ordered the 3.0 Q7 in December (as a Fleet purchase) were thoroughly disappointed to find out that their orders were cancelled by Audi INDIA- Apparently MOST of the Audi engines have not gone through the homologation process which has almost forced Audi to cease & desist on new sales! If an engine was approved via Skoda/VW (1.8 Tfsi, 2.0 tdi) it is almost readily available, but if its something 'special'/ Audi - forget about it! I fail to understand the logic and business sense behind a move so stupid - my understanding is based on my conversations with the dealers and the reasons they provide.

At the end of the day customers such as myself, Sobo & others suffer as we are unable to receive our first preference! I would pick the A4 over the 3/C/Old 5/Old E and several others! But due to the ridiculous management of Audi's supply chain many customers have had to find alternate options!

Poor business management leads to poor results! No wonder Audi can't boast of the growth of a BMW although they entered the Indian market at almost the same time!
Old 15th March 2010, 14:50   #58
BHPian

after a serious session with Audi honchos, I was 'committed' a March 20th delivery which I just found out has been further postponed to April 10!

Can't believe the nonsense condition at Audi! Its a shame that the best car in its segment (A4) is so horribly plagued by delivery issues! Ugh!

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2010 at 23:25. Reason: Removing ***. No inappropriate language please, not even indirectly.
Old 15th March 2010, 23:24   #59
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to hear about your buying experience, and I sure hope the actual car will lift your spirits. Unfortunately, this is not the first time I'm hearing of Audi botching up deliveries in India. I mean, heck how hard is it to have a ready stock of cars that the market wants? Do they seriously think everyone is going to wait for a couple of months for delivery? We aren't buying a diesel Swift Dzire here!!

I guess Audi's loss is Merc / BMWs gain. They run a thoroughly professional dealer network.
Old 15th March 2010, 23:55   #60
BHPian

Wouldn't the 3.2 quatro be a whole lot more fun to drive than the 2.0? I mean, if you're paying more than 30L for a car, are you seriously going to worry about a few thousand here and there with respect to fuel efficiency?

And at such huge discounts, its an absolute steal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks