Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2015, 19:58   #76
BHPian

Re: Luxury Sedan Advice Needed - A6 vs E-Class vs 5-series

Hi,
Finally confirmed on buying the E-Class. Will book this week so as to avail tax benefits for this financial year.
I received the following Quotation for E 250 CDI Avangarde.
Ex showroom 5095000
Road Tax 959000(Ex Cochin)
Discount 200000
Exchange bonus 100000
So total 5754000
Excluding the no claim bonus and value of the car to be exchanged.
This will be a late 2014 assembled car.
I am pushing for more offers.
Is this a good offer? Please help? Have to book in 2 days.
Old 25th March 2015, 21:06   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinmurali View Post
Hi,
Finally confirmed on buying the E-Class. Will book this week so as to avail tax benefits for this financial year.
Ex showroom 5095000
Discount 200000
Exchange bonus 100000
So total 5754000
Hi,
Finally booked the E class. Pushed for 2015 made one, instead of late 2014 and got it. Got 25,000 more discount from the above offers. I thank team-bhp and its members for the immense help in deciding to buy the car.
nitinmurali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 12:54   #78
BHPian

Not sure if it's the right place to post this, but frankly, am loathe to start a new thread on this. What are the thoughts on the Jaguar XF?

I'll list out what I need in a car:

1. Luxury sedan - definitely a 5-series equivalent.
2. Navigation etc. within the base model
3. Rear seat comfort - but then, we're all short people (I'm 5'7 and the tallest in my family)
4. Driving comfort
5. Economy on maintenance
6. No Audi - Just don't like Audi. Don't like the idea of a car sharing DNA and production lines with the Skoda and VW and anything in this bracket needs to have an RWD!

I was sold on the 5-series (torn between the affordable 520D Luxury Line and the 530D M-Sport) with BSI, but then saw the offers on the XF.
Features-wise, it seems to carry a lot more. TD showed that the Bimmer was definitely more responsive and much nicer to drive. But the Jaguar looks nicer (subjective call), is less-frequently seen on the roads (there are 10+ 5ers in my complex, a few E-Class models and a couple of Audis and but not a single Jag) and has 3-year warranty, 3 year insurance, 3-year service plan and 3 year RSA built-in!

Another question of course regards timing with the new XF coming up. I'm in no immediate rush and not bothered by the discounts the old model may have. If anything, I'm the type that prefers buying new models as soon as they're out (provided they feel right based on reviews, TDs etc.).

Any advice would be much appreciated...
Old 21st August 2015, 18:54   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imidnightmare View Post
Not sure if it's the right place to post this, but frankly, am loathe to start a new thread on this. What are the thoughts on the Jaguar XF?

3. Rear seat comfort - but then, we're all short people (I'm 5'7 and the tallest in my family)
4. Driving comfort
6. No Audi - Just don't like Audi. Don't like the idea of a car sharing DNA and production lines with the Skoda and VW and anything in this bracket needs to have an RWD!

I was sold on the 5-series (torn between the affordable 520D Luxury Line and the 530D M-Sport) with BSI, but then saw the offers on the XF.
Features-wise, it seems to carry a lot more. TD showed that the Bimmer was definitely more responsive and much nicer to drive. But the Jaguar looks nicer (subjective call), is less-frequently seen on the roads (there are 10+ 5ers in my complex, a few E-Class models and a couple of Audis and but not a single Jag) and has 3-year warranty, 3 year insurance, 3-year service plan and 3 year RSA built-in!

Another question of course regards timing with the new XF coming up. I'm in no immediate rush and not bothered by the discounts the old model may have. If anything, I'm the type that prefers buying new models as soon as they're out (provided they feel right based on reviews, TDs etc.).

Hello,

I don't think buying the current gen XF makes any sense right now. It was launched way back in 2007 and a new model will be out very soon. You can see the review on autocarindia.com. So if you really want a Jag, I think it makes sense to wait.
But I've driven the 5er myself and its an amazing car to drive.

So if you're looking at driving pleasure and if you don't want to wait, buy the BMW. If you want the brand name and exclusivity, buy the Jag.
You can't go wrong with either so all the best
Old 21st August 2015, 20:57   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

4. Driving comfort

Honestly, JLR isn't really known for its fuss free vehicles, or good service levels. At least in Mumbai. Possibly the reason you see so few on the roads!

Ideally, would recommend waiting for a year, and picking up the all new E Class.

However, if you have an immediate requirement - look no further than the 5 series. The 520D might be easier to live with in Mumbai, though the 530D will plaster a smile on your face every time! Also, with the M kit, and wheels - it will stand out amongst the other 5 series in the building.

About the A6: Yes, it does share parts, however the car does deserve its due. The interiors are better than anything else in the segment, it is feature loaded, the engines will give the 520D a good run for its money, and is honestly not that poor to drive (though definitely not as good as a RWD).
The only fly in the ointment is the problematic air suspension, and poor steering. And if you pick up a pre-facelifted A6 - the CVT gearbox too. However, if you find a pre-facelift A6 3.0 TDi - don't think twice! Just get the extended warranty package.

Lastly: Have you considered Volvo? Give their showroom a call - might just surprise you!
Old 21st August 2015, 21:38   #81
BHPian

Hands down it would be 5 series. I own 2011 5 series 525D with 90,000kms on the clock and mind you ,not a single issue with the car till date .I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment with the car ,be it drivers seat or rear seat. The drive quality and build quality is simply in a class of its own. Not a single sweak in the car --how many cars can carry that at 90,000kms.Stay away from Mercedes if your looking for keeping car beyond 50,000kms .Also Audi -I would say that its build with features to excite --but car itself dosen`t have any fun factor , ride quality is also poor on highways.
Old 24th August 2015, 17:58   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Honestly, JLR isn't really known for its fuss free vehicles, or good service levels. At least in Mumbai. Possibly the reason you see so few on the roads!

Ideally, would recommend waiting for a year, and picking up the all new E Class.

However, if you have an immediate requirement - look no further than the 5 series. The 520D might be easier to live with in Mumbai, though the 530D will plaster a smile on your face every time! Also, with the M kit, and wheels - it will stand out amongst the other 5 series in the building.

About the A6: Yes, it does share parts, however the car does deserve its due. The interiors are better than anything else in the segment, it is feature loaded, the engines will give the 520D a good run for its money, and is honestly not that poor to drive (though definitely not as good as a RWD).
The only fly in the ointment is the problematic air suspension, and poor steering. And if you pick up a pre-facelifted A6 - the CVT gearbox too. However, if you find a pre-facelift A6 3.0 TDi - don't think twice! Just get the extended warranty package.

Lastly: Have you considered Volvo? Give their showroom a call - might just surprise you!
Thanks. Like I said, have time, so shall possibly wait for the new launches - the new XF as well as E-Class. Audi - somehow just didn't like the drive. Like I said, I loved the 5 series' drive. The 530 in particular almost compelled me to just order it then and there and be done with! (Wish I had...)

JLR wasn't even in my consideration set to be honest. A friend owns an XJ though and has had a fantastic experience. Car felt great so I decided to include the XF (particularly after they threw in the 3 year packages). Also, somehow all the people that I know who own a JLR vehicle seem pretty happy. Weird given all the bad reviews I get from everyone that went to the Germans...

Volvo - somehow just didn't enthuse me. Seen them and just not kicked about owning one. Just me I guess...

Merc - have heard a number of horror stories about the ASS. BMW clearly seems to make a lot of sense and I do love the beast. Maybe I'm over-thinking?
Old 24th August 2015, 18:31   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Like I said, have time, so shall possibly wait for the new launches - the new XF as well as E-Class. Audi - somehow just didn't like the drive. Like I said, I loved the 5 series' drive. The 530 in particular almost compelled me to just order it then and there and be done with! (Wish I had...)

JLR wasn't even in my consideration set to be honest. A friend owns an XJ though and has had a fantastic experience. Car felt great so I decided to include the XF (particularly after they threw in the 3 year packages). Also, somehow all the people that I know who own a JLR vehicle seem pretty happy. Weird given all the bad reviews I get from everyone that went to the Germans...

Volvo - somehow just didn't enthuse me. Seen them and just not kicked about owning one. Just me I guess...

Merc - have heard a number of horror stories about the ASS. BMW clearly seems to make a lot of sense and I do love the beast. Maybe I'm over-thinking?
Not over-thinking at all - but everyone has different expectations and requirements and perspectives.
In fact, your experiences seem to be the complete opposite of what I have seen and heard!

Personally, my friends who have JLR have had horrid stories to share (unlike yours) - so it is a complete no-no for me. They can even offer a 5 year warranty, but I don't want half of that warranty period being spent at a service station.
Similarly, I found Mercedes service to be the best (though the most-expensive as well).

But on the bright side - we both do agree on the 530D being a beast
I would still recommend checking it out - if you get a good deal, pick it up without a second thought. A new model will come by 2017 - yes, but then the price would also be considerably higher. At the end of the day, we choose to spend the premium for these Germans just for the experience. Go with the one that tugs at your heartstrings the most! If your mind gets involved - it might just convince you to go ahead and pick up a Camry Hybrid!

Last edited by lamborghini : 24th August 2015 at 18:33.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 19:10   #84
BHPian

Quote:

From the horses mouth here, I've owned the facelifted XF 3.0 V6 Diesel and used it as a daily drive for nearly 4 years now. I've had an absolutely hassle free ownership experience and am even happy with the A.S.S. The only thing that bothers me about them is a slow turnaround time - not for regular services - but if you have to change tyres or something, it can take up to a week.

Apart from that its an amazing car (I haven't driven the 2.2 diesel - I don;t know which variant you're looking at).

As far as new models are concerned all of you options, 5 Series, E Class and XF are due for new models within the next year or two. So it's entirely your call on whether you want to take the good discounted deals or wait for the brand new models.

Hope this helps!
Saarth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 21:45   #85
BHPian

I had booked E250 CDI Edition Black 2 days back. Delivery is planned for next month.
Old 7th March 2016, 21:50   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinmurali View Post
Hi,
Ex showroom 5095000
Discount 200000
Exchange bonus 100000
So total 5754000
I got a quote of 59 L for Edition E 250 CDI. Is it a good deal? Could you please brief up a short ownership review of E250 CDI?
Old 7th March 2016, 22:01   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got a quote of 59 L for Edition E 250 CDI
Have you tried 520- ? They have made many features standard on 2016 Model Year. E class will be faced out soon and this car will depreciate faster then BMW. Besides BW Dealership may've pre-budget stocks. I won't have any idea on E discounts though.
Old 7th March 2016, 22:44   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Have you tried 520- ? They have made many features standard on 2016 Model Year. E class will be faced out soon and this car will depreciate faster then BMW. Besides BW Dealership may've pre-budget stocks. I won't have any idea on E discounts though.
Make sure you get a good discount. Having seen the latest E in Geneva, it is really advanced in terms of features
Old 8th March 2016, 10:43   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

I didn't like BMW. It's only a drivers car and not meant for rear seat passengers. I needed a vehicle which gives prime importance for comfort and hence I opted for E class!

Last edited by manson : 7th September 2016 at 17:13. Reason: Corrected typos.
Old 8th March 2016, 14:45   #90
BHPian

Hi Nidhin. My ownership with the E class has been excellent. Don't know whether it's the right forum for an ownership review.
I think you have two options.
1. Buy W212 now or
2. Wait for W213
After some years all the models you are contemplating will be replaced with newer models. Mercedes cars have better resale value in Kerala and you going with W212 won't affect you much. And I believe W212 is still the best car in that segment now(530d is the best driver's car). Keep in mind that W213 will be considerably more expensive than the current E class at least in the initial phase. Prices will stabilise only by mid 2017 when CKD happens.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks