Team-BHP - 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/103662-3d-kagu-other-premium-mats-29.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iVento (Post 3257015)
Finally, I myself found a product on ebay, brand is called PokoMoko.
Seems to be good quality. Perfect fit for the New Wagon R.

Even I got the PokoMoko from ebay for my Skoda Rapid. I paid roughly around 3k which was much cheaper than original Maxpider. But so far so good. Hopefully it would last for some years.

I called up Car Point (Opera House), Mumbai for 3D Kagu mats for XUV 500. The guy there quoted whopping 8250/- for mats :Shockked:

The color options available are beige and black.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbr_yash (Post 3277689)
I called up Car Point (Opera House), Mumbai for 3D Kagu mats for XUV 500. The guy there quoted whopping 8250/- for mats :Shockked:

The color options available are beige and black.

Correct.

I bought them for Rs. 7800/- a year back.

While I wont say whether its value for money or not (since spending that much on foot mats is an individual's perspective), my car's mats have held up really really well even after 1 year of abuse.

My car is used for office duty, which means construction sites, which also means lots of dust, gravel, slush and dirt. The raised edges of the maps successfully keeps the dirt within itself. The fit is perfect. Also, the velcro straps under the mats prevents it from moving around.

So, all in all, I would say it is an extremely high quality product. Whether it is worth that money, is upto you to decide.

You can order 3D Kagu mats online for Rs. 7250/- (Rs. 1000 less) -

http://www.carlounz.com/index.php/3d...ider-kagu.html

I have ordered Rockstar mats for my Civic which claims to be like 3D and is significantly cheaper. I am yet to receive the product and I will update when I receive it -

http://www.carlounz.com/index.php/ro...ra-xuv500.html

The other option you have is -

http://www.shopclues.com/3-d-mats-xuv-500.html

Do not get fooled by the 3D logo. These are not original 3D mats. The brand name mentioned below is 'Decora'!

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 3277971)
I have ordered Rockstar mats for my Civic which claims to be like 3D and is significantly cheaper. I am yet to receive the product and I will update when I receive it -

http://www.carlounz.com/index.php/ro...ra-xuv500.html

I received the mats in 7 working days. The mats costed me Rs. 2500/-. For the price, it is excellent value for money. Quality of mats I guess is on par with 3D, but the fitting is a notch below. I wont say its bad, but where 3D is 9/10, this one is 8/10.

The mats have velcro straps under it to prevent it from sliding. The front mats even have hooks to secure it in place. The rear piece gladly is a single unit.

My main concern was the mats touching the floor mounted accelerator pedal in the Civic. Thankfully, it does not.

Some pics -

I got something similar for my i20 as well; as you said the fit is not as perfect but pretty good for the price. Got mine for 1,100/- bucks.

Pics:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3288412

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 3282753)
I received the mats in 7 working days. The mats costed me Rs. 2500/-. For the price, it is excellent value for money. Quality of mats I guess is on par with 3D, but the fitting is a notch below. I wont say its bad, but where 3D is 9/10, this one is 8/10.

The mats have velcro straps under it to prevent it from sliding. The front mats even have hooks to secure it in place. The rear piece gladly is a single unit.

My main concern was the mats touching the floor mounted accelerator pedal in the Civic. Thankfully, it does not.

Some pics -

I ordered Star 3d mats from carmatsindia.com (sai mag wheels ) yesterday for my Manza.
Today they delivered (bluedart) the mats to my home .
Not even 24 hours flat to deliver.
Wow man what efficiency.
Fit and finish needs to be seen.

Will post a few pics soon

I too ordered start 3d mats from carmatsindia.com (sai mag wheels ), On dec 11th, and it was delivered on 12th, in less than 20 hours.
Shipped from Delhi and delivered at Bangalore.
very good customer service and soft copy of the invoice was also sent to e-mail.

Fit is almost perfect. Quality seems to be good, matches with beige colour of Vento interior. I am fine with finish for the money I have spent (Rs.2400/-). My previous experience with Kagu 3D was mixed, so decide to try star this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manjubp (Post 3318221)
I too ordered start 3d mats from carmatsindia.com (sai mag wheels ), On dec 11th, and it was delivered on 12th, in less than 20 hours.
Shipped from Delhi and delivered at Bangalore.
very good customer service and soft copy of the invoice was also sent to e-mail.

Fit is almost perfect. Quality seems to be good, matches with beige colour of Vento interior. I am fine with finish for the money I have spent (Rs.2400/-). My previous experience with Kagu 3D was mixed, so decide to try star this time.

Ditto for me . The fit might be or might not be as good as kagu mats but is Definately very good and justifies value for money.

Did anybody buy accessory before getting the new car delivered? Yes, I did today. :)

My XUV500 W8 FWD Opulent Purple is scheduled to be delivered on or before 30 December 2013. Since I already got the maximum cash discount, my XUV500 won't come with accessories. I wish that my XUV500 should have the mats right from the day-one. So, today I bought 3D Maxpider mats costing Rs 7,950 from Privilege motomall, Chennai as I am fully satisfied with performance of 3D Kagu mats in my Linea for more than 3 years. The new mats have anti-skid Velcro-like fibre at their base unlike the old ones. I bought the old ones for Rs 4,500 in October 2010 from Hot Tracks, Bangalore. Hot Tracks also quoted the same price as charged by Privilege motomall. Here are some photographs.

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-1.jpg

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-2.jpg

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-3.jpg

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-4.jpg

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-5.jpg

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-6.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Ravi (Post 3321140)
Did anybody buy accessory before getting the new car delivered? Yes, I did today.

I did. :D

Even I had purchased the mats way before the actual delivery of the car. I remember paying Rs. 7200/-. But this was a year ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 3321631)
Even I had purchased the mats way before the actual delivery of the car. I remember paying Rs. 7200/-. But this was a year ago.

Add me too in the queue.My Rapid is scheduled to be delivered on 27th December and I bought Star 3D mats one week ahead of it.lol:

I am somewhat dissatisfied with my Maxpider 3D Kagu mats in my Vento.

After about 1 1/2 years of use, the driver's side mat's reinforced patch has peeled off and is curling up, impeding foot movements. Also, the mat has worn through in this area and there is a huge hole right through it.

I am sorry I forgot to grab a pic. Wanted to do so as I was getting the car washed today, but my wife and a few other people called at exactly the right time, and I forgot to do so.

I will get a pic tomorrow and post it up.

As someone posted earlier in this thread, placing a piece of grippable material or relocating the metal plate given with star mats on the driver side mat will add up to the durability for sure. I am planning a little modification on driver side mat. Will post the pics once done.

Did an easy-peasy modification to my starmats 3D driver side mat. Bought a good quality foot mat from a local handicrafts shop, cut it to the size and stuck it with 3M double sided tape. Though it has spoiled the appearance of mat a bit,it shall take care of excessive wear on left side.
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-image.jpg
Hope this helps!

I ordered for the 3D Star Mats for my new XUV500 from carmatsindia.com on 27/12/13 and it was delivered on 29/12/13. I opted for the Beige color mats. I paid Rs. 3800 for these mats.
I have not seen any of the other 3D mats so I will be unable to compare quality, finish or fit.
I am entirely satisfied with the Star Mats. The fit is not quite perfect and there does not seem to be a way to secure it in place. The finish is quite creasy as some of the photos will indicate.
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_20131228_141258r.jpg

The photo above indicates a non-smooth finish. Wonder if some of the reputed 3D mats have such imperfections.

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_20131229_115017r.jpg

This photo below shows a cutout on the mat. There is no stitching around this cutout. I am left to wonder if this is a potential area where a failure, like peeling will start.

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_20131229_114813r.jpg

This next two photo shows a bunch of creasing. Not visually appealing. I know I may have saved some money in going in for this cheaper option, but I am left to wonder if this was the right choice.
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_20131229_114804r.jpg