Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2012, 21:47   #46
BHPian

re: Mahindra Customization Vehicles

I wonder if the design team was imported from the link provided below.
http://www.pakistantruckart.com/blog/

This reminds me of Shammi Kapoor and Jitendra in their age 30's. With the yesteryear Shammi Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor low waist pants/trousers fashion of the 60's catching on like wild fire among the youth here; it just might happen that the youth fall head over heels for this vehicle. If not from here I am sure there will be a few takers from across the border.
Old 21st January 2014, 17:38   #47
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Customisation Vehicles

I came across very interesting site. Looks like Mahindra is giving option of the customized vehicles to the customers. Some of the models are really very very cool, jaw dropping. Specially i liked the mods for Thar and Bolero.

http://www.mahindra-customisation.com/

Site doesn't mention anything about the price. Company customized car will be really cool idea for sure. Has anybody heard about this before? Has anybody purchased any vehicle from this?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Customization Vehicles-ext1.jpg  

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-ext3.jpg  

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-ext5.jpg  

aniketi is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 18:02   #48
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Customisation Vehicles

This has been put on a couple of other threads already. Mahindra's customized vehicles have been there for a couple of years.

I think if you send an inquiry on the website they'd revert with the price at which they'd be able to customize the vehicle for you.
Old 21st January 2014, 18:11   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I came across very interesting site. Looks like Mahindra is giving option of the customized vehicles to the customers. Some of the models are really very very cool, jaw dropping. Specially i liked the mods for Thar and Bolero.

Site doesn't mention anything about the price. Company customized car will be really cool idea for sure. Has anybody heard about this before? Has anybody purchased any vehicle from this?
The steps are like this::

1. You basically need to buy the car from the dealer first.

2. Then the car will be sent to the factory for this modification

3. Prices mentioned in one of the threads were nothing short of exorbitant.

We have more threads on this forum on this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...omization.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...isnt-cool.html
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 23:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Good Morning!

I'm glad you discovered this website and really liked the jaw dropping cool models(vehicles).

Like a wise man once said "Never Stop Exploring".
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:25   #51
Senior - BHPian

Wow .. People on this forum already knows it, they know almost everything

Any idea how much they cost? If it is within budget, then its a good option to consider for the enthusiastic people. If bolero like this costs around 10 L, then its a good option for sure. Also what about replacement items? Are they readily available in case they are required?
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:29   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....Any idea how much they cost? ...
So, you still have NOT gone thru the listed threads?! The prices of some the models have been listed down there. Some are ~2.5L & some ~3L. This is on top of the price of a brand new vehicle.

Edit:: I like the stinger, the most. Gautam Gambhir with his stinger is listed in one of the threads here!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd January 2014 at 10:31. Reason: Adding "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 17:25   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So, you still have NOT gone thru the listed threads?! The prices of some the models have been listed down there. Some are ~2.5L & some ~3L. This is on top of the price of a brand new vehicle.

Edit:: I like the stinger, the most. Gautam Gambhir with his stinger is listed in one of the threads here!
Was little busy. Anyways, thanks for pointing out Gone through them now. Good to see some vehicles in real world.

Some of the mods are really cool. The modified cars are looking really nice and different than normal cars. 2.5 L seems to be ok for such mods, though on little higher side. Hope Mahindra will support these cars in case of problems like accidents where your body panels needs to be replaced.

One question in my mind, if Mahindra has such a nice range of modified vehicles, why can't they just display 1-2 vehicles each at their bigger dealers in the big cities? This will attract more and more customers towards this. Also it will certainly make good image in the customers mind for the Mahindra.
Old 23rd January 2014, 10:48   #54
BHPian

Quote:
One question in my mind, if Mahindra has such a nice range of modified vehicles, why can't they just display 1-2 vehicles each at their bigger dealers in the big cities? This will attract more and more customers towards this. Also it will certainly make good image in the customers mind for the Mahindra.
Unfortunately, the fit and finish of these factory mods are nowhere near perfect. Some of them do not stand the test of time; I have seen a few such vehicles at dealerships and sadly they are not as durable as one would like. Especially considering the fact that they are essentially tough, off-road vehicles. I have heard a few issues with availability of such custom parts from customers. No surprises there.

Let me add that I have nothing against Mahindra as such and think that their no-nonsense 4X4 vehicles are just brilliant. But I cannot accept their 'chalta hai' attitude when it comes to quality, service and spares.
coloneljasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a straight contented to the Whacky Mods thread.

Outrageous spoiler and one of the worst colour selactions for the interior, maybe second only to the "red" Ford Figo interiors.

Did not like the "xclusivity" one bit
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:07   #56
BHPian

So much for customization! The mods shown on the macho boleros is purely cosmetic for those mall crawlers who want to impress the gals. They are unfit for even basic off roading with the exception of the Thar. If M&M is serious about their bolero range they should offer it with 4WD or Eaton Mlocker which distributes torque.This I am sure is not going to happen as they are too busy patting their backs on the success of existing models. I own a Thar and had to go for after market hard top!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Customization Vehicles-off-roading-016_2.jpg  

Old 4th April 2018, 12:20   #57
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Customisation Options

While a separate thread continues for Mahindra Bolero Xlusiv, there is no dedicated thread to various Customisation options provided by Mahindra and Mahindra in it's product portfolio. This thread aims at making people aware of different customisation options available through Mahindra Customisation (Tailored to perfection)...

A few introductory pages from their product brochure:-

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-1.jpg

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-2.jpg

MAHINDRA THAR BASED MODS :-

1) Mahindra Thar Adventure Soft Top -

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-3-thar-adventure-soft-top.jpg

2) Mahindra Thar Adventure Hard Top -

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-4-thar-adventure-hard-top.jpg

3) Mahindra Thar Midnight Edition -

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-5-thar-midnight-edition.jpg

4) Mahindra Thar Bison -

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-6-thar-bison.jpg

5) Mahindra Thar Buggy -

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-7-thar-buggy.jpg

6) Mahindra Thar Daybreak -

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-8-thar-daybreak.jpg

MAHINDRA SCORPIO BASED MODS :-

1) Mahindra Scorpio Xtreme -

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-9-scorpio-xtreme.jpg

2) Mahindra Scorpio Xtreme Dark Edition -

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-11-scorpio-xtreme-dark-edition.jpg

3) Mahindra Scorpio Dark Horse -

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-12-scorpio-dark-horse.jpg

4) Mahindra Scorpio Mountaineer -

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-13-scorpio-mountaineer.jpg

MAHINDRA SCORPIO GETAWAY BASED MODS :-

1) Mahindra Scorpio Lifestyle -

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-10-scorpio-lifestyle.jpg

MAHINDRA BOLERO BASED MODS :-

1) Mahindra Bolero Attitude -

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-14-bolero-attitude.jpg

2) Mahindra Bolero Xlusiv -

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-15-bolero-xlusiv.jpg

3) Mahindra Bolero Stinger 1 -

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-16-bolero-stinger-i.jpg

4) Mahindra Bolero Stinger 2 -

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-17-bolero-stinger-2.jpg

5) Mahindra Bolero Stinger 3 -

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-18-bolero-stinger-3.jpg

6) Mahindra Bolero Limited Edition -

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-19-bolero-limited-edition.jpg

KUV100 Explorer Kit, Thar Modular Hard Top Kit and Bolero Adventure Kit

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-20.jpg

Thar Expedition Kit and TUV300 Endurance Kit

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-21.jpg

A few closing pages about Mahindra Customisation...

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-22.jpg

Whom and how to contact...

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-page-23.jpg

A brochure copy for everyone interested in these mods

Mahindra Customisation Brochure.pdf

I would encourage that anyone who has undertaken these mods for their vehicles to please upload real life pics and how much did the mod cost above the price of the base vehicle for helping those who might get interested in getting their vehicles modified by Mahindra Customisation.

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 4th April 2018 at 12:28.
AdityaDeane is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 21:41   #58
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Customization Vehicles

https://www.cartoq.com/monstrous-mah...y-buy-one-now/

Finally, the Thar Wanderlust edition showcased at Auto Expo 2018 can be had at the price of Rs.13.8 Lacs plus the cost of donor vehicle. Way to go Mahindra Customizations...
Old 4th June 2018, 12:07   #59
Senior - BHPian

Cartoq.com has shared a news on Mahindra Thar Adventure and Explorer variants along with a video showcasing the changes.

Link to News Article : https://www.cartoq.com/modified-mahi...ditions-video/

Video Link :
Old 24th September 2018, 14:58   #60
Senior - BHPian

CarToq.com reports the sighting of Mahindra's 1st customized That Wanderlust Edition (here)

Quote:
Mahindra is the only manufacturer in India that offers factory custom vehicles. The leading SUV manufacturer offers various customisation options for their SUVs including the Scorpio and the Thar. The Mahindra Thar, in particular, gets some extreme customisation options. Earlier this year, Mahindra unveiled the Wanderlust official customisation at the 2018 Auto Expo. Here is what the vehicle looks like on the road.

The Wanderlust edition is an official customisation that can be ordered by customers. Apart from the price of the vehicle, the customisation costs around Rs. 13.8 lakhs. The monstrous price tag on the vehicle matches its monstrous stance on the road. The pictures come from Udaipur, Rajasthan, where the Thar has been delivered by Mahindra customisation.

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-1.jpg

Even though the Wanderlust edition is based on the regular Thar, it is hard to find a resemblance given the number of accessories. It is painted in a rather subtle colour with a camouflage job on the bonnet. Unlike the stock Thar, it gets a hard rooftop. It gets gullwing-styled doors that open wide enough to give access to the rear seats too.

On the outside, the Wanderlust looks all-new. It gets flared wheel arches, new LED headlamps with new circular DRLs that also double up as turn indicators. The Wanderlust rides on 33-inch big block tyres wrapped on steel rims. The wheels are set in negative offset. The vehicle seen in the pictures also gets bright yellow highlights on the tip of the snorkel and other places like the wheels, and the front towing hooks. There are four auxiliary lamps placed on the roof. Further increasing the road presence are the front off-road spec bumpers and a high lift jack placed on the bonnet.

Mahindra Customization Vehicles-2.jpg

The vehicle is designed for the prominent Royal family of Udaipur and it also gets a plaque placed on the dashboard that confirms that this is the first ever Wanderlust made for a customer worldwide. The vehicle has been delivered to Maharaj Kumar Lakhshyaraj Singh Mewar. On the inside, the Wanderlust also gets bucket seats and front facing rear seats. The dashboard now gets a touch-screen infotainment system. The customisation is much more practical than the stock Thar for the people who want to use the vehicle daily and it is much more capable off-road too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks