Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2011, 12:22   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Euroair Pureair - Car Air Purifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post

Regarding the stuffy feeling inside the car on longer drives with AC in recirc mode, it is always better to take a (tea/coffee) break after 2-3 hours of driving. When you open/shut the door, the air exchange in the cabin will happen.
Good suggestion. But on long highway drives, I mostly use the AC in fresh air mode, with fan speed set to one notch higher. I switch to recirculate mode only when passing human habitation to avoid the stench of cattle, etc.

Driving for long distances in re-circulate mode might not be healthy, unless you have a car air purifier. I also agree with you that the purifier may not be practicable in a vehicle. Further, it takes up the only 12 V socket in most cars, and as a consequence, people using GPS devices cannot connect to that outlet.

Last edited by vnabhi : 9th November 2011 at 12:24.
Old 9th November 2011, 13:24   #32
BHPian

The ideal combination for a healthy environment in car

1. Cabin Air Filter, which can be fitted onto almost any car. This will ensure that any air blown out of the AC is first filtered of all dusts. Available either from the car manufacturer as genuine part or from Bosch

Cost - Approx 500-1000

2. Ionizer(non Ozone producing) based air purifier - This will give a feeling of breathing in fresh air, and also help relax the mind.

3. Putting AC in fresh air mode during long journeys, whenever driving through areas with lots of trees, or when there is no vehicle ahead for a considerable length(not at all recommended when driving in city).This is essential to bring in Oxygen(and remove Carbon Dioxide from inside air). Having a cabin air filter or cabin air purifier cannot compensate for this and is a must.Reduced content of Oxygen can create headache.

Summary
Cabin Air Filter - Remove Dust particles and pollen from air inside cabin
Air Purifier/Ionizer - Further help reduce pollen/dust + help relax the mind(negative ions) + kill germs
Fresh Air Mode - Oxygenate the air inside the cabin.

As mentioned in earlier posts, Car Air Purifier due to its low suction power has a limitation in cleaning the air as quickly as needed. Hence it is more important to have a cabin air filter than an air purifier.
raj84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 16:32   #33
BHPian

Dear all,

While it's very positive that a lot of you are thinking of having clean air to breath while driving (esp when driving in the city), pls note the following very important rejoinders (and the reason I can so emphatically state these are because, as an asthmatic, I have 2 air purfiers at home - a Sharp true-HEPA Air Purifier and an Austin Air military-grade-carbon-filter air purifier, imported from the US):

1. HEPA vs true-HEPA filter: A true-HEPA filter blocks 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns. A HEPA or a HEPA-type filter only blocks particles down to 3 microns and that too only 85-90% of them (since a true-HEPA filter is very expensive, most probably the Eureka Forbes purifier has a HEPA-type filter only). Does it matter? Yes. Especially because its the <3 microns particles which are the major component of gasoline fumes (esp. petrol fumes). Also, the >3 microns fumes affect the lungs; the <3 microns fumes go directly to the bloodstream and thence get deposited in the heart.

If you are serious about this, just Google "HEPA vs true-HEPA air purifier". Even though, the normal-HEPA filters are cheaper, the true-HEPA filters (eg. Sharp) are worth their weight in gold and then some.

2. Active Carbon Filter: Now, while the true-HEPA filter removes the particles, the gases present in gasoiline fumes eg. NOx, SOx remain unaffected by the HEPA filter. You need the Active Carbon filter to remove the same. Pls note that the higher the weight of active carbon in the filter, the more effective it is against gases; because the higher the surface area of the carbon, the higher the amount of gases it aDsorbs.

Pls note that the carbon in the Eureka Forbes filter is effective only in removing odour, not the actual sulphurous & nitrous gases. For example, my Austin air purifier has 2 pounds of active carbon (that's nearly a Kg of carbon). You decide what you want: Removal of just the odour or actual removal of the toxic fumes?

As an aside, pls note that active carbon was the ingredient in US & British soldiers' gas masks when they were fighting chemical warfare against Saddam in the 1990s.

3. Ionizer: An ionizer releases +ve and -ve ions which bind themselves to dust particles, make them heavier and thence making the dust settle on the surfaces. While they do this, they also generate ozone as a bi-product. While the generated ozone is not harmful per se because of the low concentrations generated; in a closed are like a car or a room, they can be harmful. After having read this, I always use the ionizer in my Sharp air purifier for around 40 mins before I enter the room and then switch off the ionizer function and let only the purifier keep running.

Hope this helps!
manishk83 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 00:24   #34
BHPian

thanks manishk83 for such a wonderful post. while this kind of setup can be easily available for a home set-up, is there any product / brand that sells with these features for cars? if yes, then please do provide some details of the same. cheers.
Old 18th November 2011, 17:34   #35
BHPian

hi raj84,

Thanks for your review about this system.I am planning to install this on my Lancer.Before that,I need to flush my A/c.I was looking for a 3M shop in Kerala for a while and I saw you mentioned a 3M shop's matter on your thread.May I know the address /location of that shop. Thank you very much bro.
Old 1st May 2012, 12:08   #36
BHPian

I got this Euroair thingy for the car free with a Eureka Forbes room air purifier that i purchased. It looks like a joke to me. No way will this thing actually be effective, in my opinion. It seems to have a very feeble powered fan, similar to ones we see on PC cases that is supposed to suck in air and pass it through the filters.
It is definitely not worth the MRP they have on their site...
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 14:07   #37
BANNED

I for one will not buy anything directly from Eureka Forbes. I have had problems with their service centre issuing fake service contracts (according to them, and they never bothered to reply to letters or e-mail), while a niece had a duff vacuum cleaner, and took her well over a year to get a refund. Typical case of Hit & Kick. Last year I had to change my water filter (non-RO) so bought their filter through a service agency!
Old 7th May 2012, 11:12   #38
BHPian

They certainly are very big crooks. They took a cheque from me and promised delivery in 2 days for the room air purifier. They called on 3rd day that it will take an additional day or two. I asked them to bring my cheque and get the date changed, when they came, i just scratched off the date and told them to get a new date and signature post delivery. They took 18 days to get the item, but in the meantime i purchased the purifier from another branch. Till date they have not returned my cheque.
I had also wanted a steam vacuum from them, which they promised as usual in a week or so. The guy goes and brings a 6 month old piece, probably used as demo all over and tried pushing it down my throat... real crooks.

What is a service agency? I know few showrooms do sell their products, but when you have an issue they will redirect to Eureka only, in my opinion.
Old 7th May 2012, 11:32   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
What is a service agency? I know few showrooms do sell their products, but when you have an issue they will redirect to Eureka only, in my opinion.
There are many independents who are mostly ex-Eureka Forbes who do a much better job than them, and at a reduced price. Ask around, and you will find one. In fact many of them can also get you a filter at the same (or marginally lower) price and then they do the installation and servicing from day one.
Old 15th June 2012, 13:48   #40

The general problem in our Car is more in the fabrics and the ceiling than in the air. We can open the windows and let fresh air come in, but fabric needs fumigation or dry cleaning often due to germs, harmful gases or foul odour that gets captured.

Incidentally, one of my friend who is a doctor in Mumbai has surveyed and checked all Air Purifiers in the market and found that among all the brands Sharp Plasmacluster is the most effective in removing foul odour from the fabrics and ceiling as well. The Eureka Forbes model generates negative ions which adds weight to the contaminants and they fall on the surface making the surface more dirty and prone to allergies.
Old 11th October 2015, 18:13   #41
BHPian

Anybody used the new Eureka Forbes Car Purifier? The product description says it plugs straight into the 12V Power Outlet.

Many other I noticed now available on Flipkart
Cair 6281 Air Ionizer
Indus JO6271 Portable Compact Air Purifier
Sharp IG-DC2EB Portable Compact Air Purifier
Old 17th October 2015, 12:32   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxax View Post
Anybody used the new Eureka Forbes Car Purifier? The product description says it plugs straight into the 12V Power Outlet.

I have the older version of this and got it free with a room air purifier. It's a piece of crap. It's like a toy fan. You can make one yourself if you see the interiors...
Old 17th February 2016, 12:29   #43
BHPian

Has anyone used the Philips Car Air purifier? The reviews are good, but I wanted to check with someone here who has actually used it. Thanks.

http://www.philips.co.in/c-p/GPC11GR...r-air-purifier
Old 1st March 2016, 15:58   #44
BHPian

how is your machine working now-a-days ?
cost of filter replacement by EurekaForbes guys ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindr View Post
Has anyone used the Philips Car Air purifier? The reviews are good, but I wanted to check with someone here who has actually used it. Thanks.

http://www.philips.co.in/c-p/GPC11GR...r-air-purifier
outside India, Philips has '200' model too.

Any reviews of the current EF Aeroguard Breeze and Fresh models ?
http://www.eurekaforbes.com/Product/...rifiers?sid=16
http://www.eurekaforbes.com/Products...uctIds=340,304

The Breeze models looks bit bigger & bit powerful, and I think wont directly plug to the cig-socket (maybe need to plug in the inverter I have)
Old 26th June 2016, 17:47   #45
BHPian

Got honeywell car air purifier from flipkart for Rs 6747 for my wagon r. It's been two weeks now and there is a noticeable difference in the air quality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks