Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2012, 22:22   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadithsince1980

Just a small query. I am planning to get an FFE and K&N filter installed in my Lancer. Was planning to get the FFE done by Raj Higrani. How expensive will an FFE done by RRP be compared to tuners like Raj
The FFE at Red Roosters would set you back 18k. I'm planning on getting one myself for the Polo.
Spoke to the guys at Rajs' as well. They quoted 13k for the FFE.
Old 28th January 2012, 23:28   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Red Rooster Performance sets up a 2nd shop in Bangalore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
And the stunning Gypsy along with the 1100. They have completed the modifications with great restraint. Love it.
I must tell you that the Gypsy and the 1100 were modded by the OzzOne guys. Not RRP.
Old 29th January 2012, 21:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went for an FFE for a friend' i20 at the RRP, whitefield almost a year back. They don't do the FFE and CAI alone. It is a package called Power Drive, which consist of a FFE, a BMC cold air intake and a fuel pressure regulator.

If I am not mistaken, they quoted 35K for the Power Drive package. RRP doesn't deal with K&N.

They had written a mail on the need for the fuel pressure regulator.
The FPR is part of the Power Drive package, but can be excluded depending on the make of the car.
For instance, I have the Power Drive done on my Figo 1.2 and it did not require the FPR because the mixture was not running lean after the modifications.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th January 2012 at 22:42. Reason: Added quotes. :)
Old 30th January 2012, 12:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
I went for an FFE for a friend' i20 at the RRP, whitefield almost a year back. They don't do the FFE and CAI alone. It is a package called Power Drive, which consist of a FFE, a BMC cold air intake and a fuel pressure regulator.

If I am not mistaken, they quoted 35K for the Power Drive package. RRP doesn't deal with K&N.

They had written a mail on the need for the fuel pressure regulator.

write to drive@redroosterperformance.com for more details.
Hey, thanks for the info Just another small query, please pardon my ignorance, I had an esteem before this and i put in an FFE and a K&N filter. The car was just retuned after that (Basically adjusting the air screw for optimum air/fuel mixture) the car ran perfect after that. Now getting to my question, where does the need of a fuel pressure regulator come in? Is it applicable to fuel injected cars only?
Old 30th January 2012, 12:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadithsince1980 View Post
Now getting to my question, where does the need of a fuel pressure regulator come in? Is it applicable to fuel injected cars only?
Yes, the fuel pressure regulator is required only for the fuel injected engines. From my limited understanding, the FPR is used to adjust the air fuel ratio. Make the mixture lean or rich accordingly.

But I am still not convinced on the need for a FPR. Why wouldn't the stock MPFI system be able to handle this?

We did not go ahead with the install last time because RRP was not inclined to fit the FFE & CAI alone. But I read from different posts that RRP do install the Power Drive package without the FPR now.

Get in touch with them and keep us posted. The FFE that they had at the store looked real good.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 12:37   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the fuel pressure regulator is required only for the fuel injected engines. From my limited understanding, the FPR is used to adjust the air fuel ratio. Make the mixture lean or rich accordingly.

But I am still not convinced on the need for a FPR. Why wouldn't the stock MPFI system be able to handle this?

We did not go ahead with the install last time because RRP was not inclined to fit the FFE & CAI alone. But I read from different posts that RRP do install the Power Drive package without the FPR now.

Get in touch with them and keep us posted. The FFE that they had at the store looked real good.
Hey, thanks a ton. I've just mailed them asking them details (Price, Time involved etc.) on the same. Will keep you posted on the same
Old 1st March 2012, 12:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

@suhaas307, do they work on suspensions as well, i see they have suspension, how much money do you think i should keep aside for some mods, and some necessary work on my Baleno. Did you manage to get their contact numbers, would appreciate if you could list that as well. Thanks

Another question, i see there are other dealers for Red Rooster Performance in other parts of the city, has anyone tried one of these and if Ozzone is better then the rest?

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 1st March 2012 at 12:20.
Old 1st March 2012, 14:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
do they work on suspensions as well, i see they have suspension, how much money do you think i should keep aside for some mods, and some necessary work on my Baleno.
Depending on your preference of ride quality you may have to shell out anywhere between 25-60k for performance suspension set up. Heard that Hotbits suspension are good VFM in the performance set up range.

Quote:
Another question, i see there are other dealers for Red Rooster Performance in other parts of the city, has anyone tried one of these and if Ozzone is better then the rest?
Best to visit their set up in whitefield and get a first hand look at their workshop etc and then get the work done from them rather than going to sub dealers etc. My personal opinion only
Old 1st March 2012, 16:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Best to visit their set up in whitefield and get a first hand look at their workshop etc and then get the work done from them rather than going to sub dealers etc. My personal opinion only
Is the Whitefield one owned by Red Rooster themselves or are another dealer?

This is the address given on the site, looks like some FRK is the dealer. I am still searching for their own garage/site?

FRK
No.6 , Dynass Andara,
Industrial Area Lay Out,
Whitefield,
Bengaluru - 560 002
Mob: +91 98450 13130

PS: Ok found out that the Madhavpura one is the main one, just spoke to the guy and i might make a trip there one day. Only sad part is they do not have suspensions for Baleno, any idea where can i get them. I dont want to go back to Maruti.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 1st March 2012 at 16:35.
Old 1st March 2012, 16:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the Whitefield one owned by Red Rooster themselves or are another dealer?
Fellow member niranjanrvce has visited the Whitefield premise to get his Fiesta 1.6S performance tuned. You can PM him to get more info. The premise definitely looks to be owned by RRP going by the equipment and expanse of the place.
Old 2nd March 2012, 08:40   #26
Team-BHP Support

Yes Mayank, they do have suspension components as well.

Well, it depends on how much you're ready to spend on your Baleno. Suspension mods may set you back by a cool 40k. I'd suggest you get the RRP Cold-Air Intake that costs 7k if I'm not wrong. You could also get an exhaust system.

The RRP contact details are available on their website. Make sure you drop me a PM when you visit the shop.
Old 2nd March 2012, 09:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

mayank may I ask what is the problem with your cars suspension ? From what I have known recently the Koni yellows are no longer available here, these were in the sub 30k bracket. In case your pockets are deep then hotbits is the way to go. A suspension job at RRP also will set you back considerably.

But do you really need them is the million dollar question ? If its a mere issue with the struts or the spring then the options from MUL is cheaper. Suspension upgrades don't come by cheap, will definitely cost you an arm and a leg.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:02   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Yes Mayank, they do have suspension components as well. The RRP contact details are available on their website. Make sure you drop me a PM when you visit the shop.
I spoke to the guy in Madhevpura he says they are next to Bimal Showroom in Whitefield main road. What he told me is they do not have suspensions for Baleno and will not be able to replace that. I am planning to visit the madhavpura one (not indiranagar one) will PM you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
mayank may I ask what is the problem with your cars suspension
, my pockets are deep enough to get this babe a new lease of life. Now the question is do i want to retain this car for long (She is already @~65K with 7 years of ownership), and i am surely planning to keep her for another 2 years. The question to me is do i want her with me for longer then that. If yes then its worth while spending about 1L in getting her back in peak shape and form.

Now we have had Suspensions replaced by MUL and they have lasted exactly nine months and 7K Kms. This is no time for suspensions to make sound again. This is seriously sub standard parts selling by MUL when it comes to replacement parts. Hence i would rather spend 40K and have absolute peace of mind and long lasting suspensions, then spend 20K every year.

Any idea where i can get Koni or hotbits, fixed for my Baleno in Bangalore Now that RRP are out?

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 2nd March 2012 at 11:04.
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:30   #29
Senior - BHPian

please check crazydiablo's thread on koni suspension for Baleno.
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now we have had Suspensions replaced by MUL and they have lasted exactly nine months and 7K Kms. This is no time for suspensions to make sound again. This is seriously sub standard parts selling by MUL when it comes to replacement parts. Hence i would rather spend 40K and have absolute peace of mind and long lasting suspensions, then spend 20K every year.
What sounds are you referring to ? There different parts involved here and am sure you know that some of these can be replaced as spares. Many a times it usually is one part which requires a change and not the suspension as a whole. The baleno's front has a McPherson strut & coil spring with an L shaped lower arm and the rear is four links and struts.
Zeroing down to the failing part is the best way forward.

Quote:
Any idea where i can get Koni or hotbits, fixed for my Baleno in Bangalore Now that RRP are out?
Contact fellow members crazydiablo or eapen both had Koni yellows installed in their baleno's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks