Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2013, 10:58   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Jetta looks very nice with such subtle exterior mods. Special mention for the wheels; they really accentuate the car's look. Very appealing.

Thanks

AD
Interesting !! I didn't like the wheels. The whole design of the car is straight lines, wheels should have been AMG STAR replicas.
Old 16th August 2013, 09:38   #1307
Senior - BHPian

This is one of the best looking alloys I have seen till date and looks much better in real than in photo.

Not sure whether this should go here or to the alloys thread - but the rule states that the official alloy wheel thread is to show off your own rides - random clicks are not allowed there. So decided I will post it here since I could not see another thread where I can post this.

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-img00265201308160738.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-img00267201308160738.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-img00269201308160738.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th August 2013 at 11:41.
theexperthand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 01:09   #1308
BHPian

From the house of fiat. Pic courtesy FMC @ FB
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-image428409634.jpg  

Nimish anthony is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 16:04   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish anthony View Post
From the house of fiat. Pic courtesy FMC @ FB
What's the use of front splitter when it is curved like the one on the Linea? Or is it only for aesthetic purpose?
Old 18th August 2013, 16:07   #1310

VW Polo by IDE|AutoWorks™

Hi Everyone,

We would like to showcase our first project on this forum. We will start with a small design story so as to give you a better insight into the project.

The VW Polo is quite simply one of those cars, which can carry various design modifications quite easily. Its clean yet defined looks along with perfect hatchback proportions provide a very good starting base. With this first project we have intentionally tried to not go overboard with too many design elements.

We went with a full length-racing stripe to enhance the sporty character of the car. Traditional racing colors like black and grey go well with the white base color of the car while the RED adds that sporty touch.
The stripes were placed asymmetrically on one side in order to emphasize the driver-oriented theme of the vehicle.
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-front.jpgPICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-stripe-design.jpg

The Drivers side ORVM also carries the same stripe design element.
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-final10.jpg

A wide stripe was intentionally chosen in order to complement the upgraded 16inch alloys with a fat 205 profile.
This gives the car an overall strong and powerful image.
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-rear.jpg

A similar stripe design also runs along the side of the car.
This visually helps in lowering the vehicle while the fade-out design provides a sense of movement to the vehicle.
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-side.jpg

The headlamps too have been given a different design treatment. The earlier batch of VW Polo came with an all Chrome finish Headlamp while the facelift version came with all black. We believe that an all black headlamp simply makes it too dull and lot of design elements get lost. Inspired by the Euro-spec version of the headlamp, we gave our headlamp a combination of Matte black finish with strong sliver/chrome treatment to the Y-shape element. This combination of black and silver provides a very good contrast and instantly gives an aggressive look to the headlamp.
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-hl-.jpg

Moreover, the upper grille too was given a gloss black finish. Along with the black finished headlamps, this forms a continuous horizontal black element, which visually widens the car from the front. The vertical slats of the grill are finished in grey and red to mimic the racing stripe flowing through it.
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-grill-detail.jpg

Continuing with the Gloss Black theme, the ORVMS and the Roof have been given a Gloss Black finish. The gloss black treatment over a white base color provides a good contrast and makes the car stand out.
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-tipup.jpg

Design Specifications:-

• IDE Designed™ Printed Racing Stripes- – High Quality Weather-Proof Vinyl
• IDE Designed™ Headlamps – Matte Black with Silver Trims (Y-graphic)
• Gloss Black Roof
• Gloss Black ORVM’s
• Custom Gloss Black Grill & Logo with Red Accents
• 16’ MCB+B alloys | 205/50/16 Apollo Acelere Tyres

With this project we have mainly concentrated on aesthetic upgrades. The car doesn't have any performance mods other than the tyre upgrade and Alloys.

Regards
Team IDE|AutoWorks™
IDE|AutoWorks™ is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 17:02   #1311
BHPian

It's purely asthetic and serves the cosmetic upgrade only. A closer pic of the linea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminenttismo View Post
What's the use of front splitter when it is curved like the one on the Linea? Or is it only for aesthetic purpose?
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-image.jpg  

Nimish anthony is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 17:50   #1312
BHPian

Wow.. those are some beautiful fiats man..

As for front splitter, it provides downforce in the front of the car, equivalent to what a rear wing does for the rear. Very useful mod for FWD cars. Only you got to be careful to install it properly else it can rip out ur front bumper at high speeds.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 20:24   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish anthony View Post
It's purely asthetic and serves the cosmetic upgrade only. A closer pic of the linea.
Some more pics of the fiats.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-image.jpg  

Nimish anthony is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 20:49   #1314
Senior - BHPian

@Nimish, Must say the fiats look really superb. One of my neighbour too has a white linea (dynamic) and he plans to suitabily modify it. Your pics shall surely serve as a guidline for me to suggest him on the same lines.

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 09:28   #1315
BHPian

Re: VW Polo by IDE|AutoWorks™

Finally, a car modification organization which posts it's projects in TBHP. Not that, we don't have any. But I never see Autopsyche, Ostlers, Pete's post in our forum. Kudos. Thanks for "the" details you gave regarding every aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDE|AutoWorks™ View Post
The headlamps too have been given a different design treatment. The earlier batch of VW Polo came with an all Chrome finish Headlamp while the facelift version came with all black. We believe that an all black headlamp simply makes it too dull and lot of design elements get lost. Inspired by the Euro-spec version of the headlamp, we gave our headlamp a combination of Matte black finish with strong sliver/chrome treatment to the Y-shape element. This combination of black and silver provides a very good contrast and instantly gives an aggressive look to the headlamp.
Attachment 1126390
This. I always felt that the new Polo and Vento HLs to be too dull. Like, extremely dull. Good job on adding a pinch of chrome.

Overall, the car looks nice and sound. Can you please give me the webiste of the Alloywheel maker?

All the Best!
Eminenttismo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 09:49   #1316
BHPian

Finally a Design team in Gurgoan, I used to be so jealous of the South Boys who had access to so many options but for us North Indians it was mostly go to Moti Nagar and hope for the best. Polo looks good.

Guys start working on some proof of concept for the Ecosport, I am getting mine soon and would love to get some exterior work done. With a lot of the design elements of the Ecosport resembling the Evoque, I am planning to make my car look like that.

What say, you guys up for the challenge.
eq24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 09:58   #1317
BHPian

I must say, it looks great!
I normally don't like stripes on cars but this one kinda looks good. Except for the thick black stripe on the roof, which merges in with the roof color.
And good job with the headlamps.
Old 19th August 2013, 11:27   #1318

Thanks everyone for the feedback and the appreciation.
It means a lot to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Finally a Design team in Gurgoan, I used to be so jealous of the South Boys who had access to so many options but for us North Indians it was mostly go to Moti Nagar and hope for the best. Polo looks good.

Guys start working on some proof of concept for the Ecosport, I am getting mine soon and would love to get some exterior work done. With a lot of the design elements of the Ecosport resembling the Evoque, I am planning to make my car look like that.

What say, you guys up for the challenge.

We are working on a lot of projects but will only be showcasing one per month here as per the forum rules. I suggest you check out our fb page for the recent works/concepts.
Old 19th August 2013, 14:37   #1319
BHPian

This car is parked near my residence. I am not sure that this belongs to this thread or the W&W one. But in flesh, it does not look that bad. Yes, it is overdone a bit, but maybe fit for here. I would have liked a completely black roof rather than this.
I specially liked the alloys, would have preferred a different colour though.

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-imag0096.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-imag0095.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-imag0094.jpg
Old 19th August 2013, 14:48   #1320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
I would have liked a completely black roof rather than this.
I specially liked the alloys, would have preferred a different colour though.
+1 @ carzone for full black carbon/paint black roof. Red somehow looks loud and same for alloys i.e full matte black alloys would have been great.

AD

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks