Team-BHP - Pete's 110 hp Punto
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Pete's 110 hp Punto (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/120639-petes-110-hp-punto-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimish anthony (Post 2779892)
The 90 Hp uses a Variable geometric turbo which is a bigger one than a FGT. Bigger the turbo much more the turbo lag. I dont think any tuner in india can extract power at 1200-1500 RPM. In the city below 1500 the punto is not good at.. Open up and it will fly.

Congratulations on your upgrade/remap experience Nimish ! Awesome way to enjoy an already hot looking hatch!!

but, I think your understanding of the FGT & VGT is different. I dont agree that a VGT will induce more lag than a FGT, over a same engine config. The size of the turbo doesnt become bigger, but the Vanes of the turbine become configurable in a VGT. So a VGT actually helps reduce turbo lag, by allowing lower pressure gases to escape easily compared to FGT of a similar ratio.

However, if the VGT is not configured properly or was not designed to reduce turbo lag, but to increase power at a higher RPM range, then it will operate on the higher ranges only !

I would agree it is making 110bhp, but at what rpm ? That will define the drivability of your mod and can help a lot in understanding the characteristics as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 2779928)
For some reason, I would prefer a better bottom end grunt when compared to top end speed. I dont mind the top speed being limited to 160 kmph. I mean, how often do we cross even 100 kmph on our roads? But low end grunt will help me everyday in city as well as highway.

If the Punto gets a six speed gear box then top speed will be maintained. Initial 1-2-3 gears can be short to maintain city acceleration and 4-5 can be the same as current with a really tall 6th gear for highway top end.

^^
Nimish,
Quite a noticeable difference between the two. :thumbs up
What equipment and software did you use ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimish anthony (Post 2797030)
@ vdrive. I don't think suspension and brake upgrades are available for the Getz. I do admit that your car is real fast but you will have to stop in and handling is a big Q??? How does the car take so much power . Is the suspension build for that??.. Bilstiens are not available for the getz to my knowledge.

a limited slip differential is a piece of engineering which requires pages to write. To keep things simple it is installed in cars which have high BJP and the wheels start to spin and car goes haywire. In order to keep the car on the track LSD are installed.

Monroes are there for the Getz and it transforms the car completely.
I have done over 100k kms and i can safely say the car's chassis is capable of taking that power without breaking a sweat.
Regarding the LSD, in India, its easier said than done, I'm yet to hear of such a mod done on hatchback/sedan which running successfully. (May be i'm not aware).

Anyways, lets not go offtopic and get back to your Punto stage 2 mod plans.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 2849881)
Looks like a pretty good improvement over the stock car but still not in hot hatch league. Were these cars tested back to back? What testing equipment was used?

18.5 seconds for the Quarter mile...! Seriously, you still say its not a hot hatch..:eek:

The graph shows a phenomenol improvement, the time taken to reach top speeds are astonishing. Great job guys:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimish anthony (Post 2779158)
You can easily outdo a Vento, Verna and 1.6 Polo. I eat them for breakfast now.

I sooo envy you for this line!!:D Way to go, Nimish.. And that's a lovely looking car. Surprised, I didn't catch this thread earlier.

Well regarding the limited slip differentials Its like i have seen cars here in kerala with the same which are successful road cars. Rally sport Octavias performance tuned to 300 Hp have been installed with Quaife limited slip differentials.

Hey Nimish,
could you share info about the upgrades made to brakes ?
Read the entire thread, still waiting for this info.

Well I had plans to upgrade the brakes to Tarox rotors and hawk pads.
But the same was shelved as the existing brakes do a great job with the 215/17 tires.
Tarox brake upgrade will cost you around 40,000/- INR

Quote:

Originally Posted by F150 (Post 2861957)
Hey Nimish,
could you share info about the upgrades made to brakes ?
Read the entire thread, still waiting for this info.

Punto gets a lowered suspension to handle the 110 Hp state of tune

Details of suspension please

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimish anthony (Post 2891221)
Punto gets a lowered suspension to handle the 110 Hp state of tune

30 HP gain by remap only ?
Did I miss out something ? just curious if anything else was done to make the extra "30 HP" ?

Also would be nice to have some details on the upgraded suspension , which tyes are u having now ? I'm guessing 190/60 on 15 inches ?

I like the red and white color combination - nice job on the color scheme.:thumbs up

Well the cars has a Bilstien B14 height adjustable suspension.

The punto has 2 engine types one is the 75Hp fixed geometric turbo and a 90Hp Variable geometric turbo. The car for the project is a 90Hp which was remapped and there is a 20Hp gain on remap.

The car does not run on 15 inch it has a 17/45/215 tire profile the same as the UK spec abarth punto.

Nimish,
Second pic is fantastic. What us that thing hanging on the front bumper?
Could you share the cost of suspension upgrade ?

With the BILSTEIN B14 threaded ride height adjustable kit, its the race track onto the street.

The product benefits at a glance: spec as per catlouge for reference

Threaded body adjustable range of 20 mm at both axles, while installed Lowering of approx. 30-50 mm at front and rear Road-tested by BILSTEIN under motor sports conditions and fine-tuned Spring plates and lock nuts made from a special aluminium alloy Surface coating using Triple-C-Technology® for long-lasting corrosion resistance Round threads for perfect handling
Quality sport springs made from highly durable material Gas pressure technology
BILSTEIN mono-tube/Upside-Down technology.
Made in Germany,German TÜV certificate

Bilstien B14 will cost you 70 k. U can lower the car at a budget with lowering springs too.

The bumper has been intergated with a tow hook

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimish anthony (Post 2892412)
With the BILSTEIN B14 threaded ride height adjustable kit, its the race track onto the street.

Pardon this newbie question, what are the perceived benefits of this upgrade, does the suspension gets better or just better handling or both.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimish anthony (Post 2892412)
The bumper has been intergated with a tow hook

That is a cute one, it looks really nice.