Team-BHP - Pete's 110 hp Punto
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Pete's 110 hp Punto (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/120639-petes-110-hp-punto-8.html)

I can't find any thread of a Punto owner with a Bilstein B6 or B14. After trying both the low GC & the high GC stock suspension kits, I am keen to explore a branded suspension setup that offers better handling and ride quality than the stock setup.

I exchanged some emails with Pete's and they mentioned B6 will not change the GC. I find that confusing as the GC on a Punto changes when you change from the old to the new stock setup. Any thoughts?

What Pete's said might be true as these shocks come in different sizes for different makes and models. If Punto has more than one size of stock suspension, you can clarify from Pete's itself whether the B6 they mentioned replaces the older or newer model of stock setup. That should clear your doubt.

But why do you want to mess with Punto's suspension boss ? This car has one of the best setup and gives the best ride and handling comfort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2500cc (Post 3556457)
But why do you want to mess with Punto's suspension boss ? This car has one of the best setup and gives the best ride and handling comfort.

I have heard that before. I don't agree to that at all. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2500cc (Post 3556457)

For a couple of days, I actually thought of changing my car's suspension. My main aim was to lower the ride a little bit to improve its looks after I got the 17" alloys. Mine is an 1.2l and the current GC even with the old suspension setup is over 200mm.

But then I dropped that idea imagining my plight in Bangalore's hump-filled roads.
Another reason is what you have mentioned. I couldn't have forgiven myself if I had changed it and spoilt the wonderful stock suspension setup

Apologies for revving a old thread. Awesome car you've. How is your car doing now?

I've a question. I'm planning to go for the 75bhp diesel Punto Evo. Is it possible to remap it first to 90 and then to 110 like this car? stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astonite (Post 3768647)
Apologies for revving a old thread. Awesome car you've. How is your car doing now?

I've a question. I'm planning to go for the 75bhp diesel Punto Evo. Is it possible to remap it first to 90 and then to 110 like this car? stupid:

You can remap it to 90 maybe, but 110 is doubtful because the stock 75hp 1.3MJD comes with a fixed geometry Turbo. Whereas the sport 90hp comes with a variable geometry Turbo right from the factory!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astonite (Post 3768647)

Nimish sold the car long back and now owns a couple of Palio S10s. It is very much possible to remap the 75HP to 110HP. Check the rail pressure does not go above the company specified value.
I'd actually prefer a 75HP over 90HP because it's easier to drive a 75HP in town than a 90HP one in the city. Just my opinion.
I'd recommend you to try Wolf Moto switchable maps for remap, which is a company based in Cochin. Have heard a lot of positive reviews about them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shk 8896 (Post 3771422)
Nimish sold the car long back and now owns a couple of Palio S10s. It is very much possible to remap the 75HP to 110HP. Check the rail pressure does not go above the company specified value.
I'd actually prefer a 75HP over 90HP because it's easier to drive a 75HP in town than a 90HP one in the city. Just my opinion.
I'd recommend you to try Wolf Moto switchable maps for remap, which is a company based in Cochin. Have heard a lot of positive reviews about them.

The 90 HP Fiats (New Gen) got an ECU update from Fiat some months back and after that Evo 90 HP drives a lot better in city with a better performance in the lower RPMS that has been its achilee's heels.

I am currently looking towards lowering my Punto Evo Sports that is remapped and is 2 years, 40k kms old. I have the following options:

1) Install performance springs like Eibach Pro , H&R etc. These would lower the car by 25-30mm which should be good given that these springs would be stiffer and the OE GC is already 185mm. The GC should be around 160mm unladen. This would dent my pocket by around 25k if I get imported.

2) Get installed pre-2012 shocks while keeping the stiffer anti-roll bar. The GC should be 170 mm unladen.This should be done for 10-12k IMO.

Either way I am fine as my Punto will get lowered which would improve its stance and handling around corners. Also with the drop I feel I will be able to better utilize the increased power of 110 HP.

Looking for suggestions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waspune (Post 4231833)
I am currently looking towards lowering my Punto Evo Sports that is remapped and is 2 years, 40k kms old. I have the following options:

1) Install performance springs like Eibach Pro , H&R etc. These would lower the car by 25-30mm which should be good given that these springs would be stiffer and the OE GC is already 185mm. The GC should be around 160mm unladen. This would dent my pocket by around 25k if I get imported.

2) Get installed pre-2012 shocks while keeping the stiffer anti-roll bar. The GC should be 170 mm unladen.This should be done for 10-12k IMO.

Either way I am fine as my Punto will get lowered which would improve its stance and handling around corners. Also with the drop I feel I will be able to better utilize the increased power of 110 HP.

Looking for suggestions.

What did you finally Do?

Am at the same spot, I have decided to go with the stock low GC struts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anand.shankar (Post 4478234)
What did you finally Do?

Am at the same spot, I have decided to go with the stock low GC struts.

I'm on the same boat. Any leads b/w oltion 1 & 2?

old thread btw. Anyways my 2 cents on lowering the punto GC. I had experimented with lowering springs on the 90 Hp and found it to be too stiff and had removed the same after a few hundred kilometers. The same springs were installed in the Punto 1.2 petrol and did a good job and the ride was not bone jarring. This is based on my personal experience and i feel the lighter engine on the petrol and reduced body weight were the favorable factors.

OEM low GC kit would be the best option if available or else you would need coil overs.