Team-BHP - Your car's security system's brand & your opinions about it
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Your car's security system's brand & your opinions about it (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/12742-your-cars-security-systems-brand-your-opinions-about-4.html)

My previous car had Silicon security system. Never faced any problem.
Now my palio 1.6 has Piranha. Till now no problem.

My safari has Nippon system with impact sensor installed in 2003 and no issues whatsoever till date.

The Scorpio has one fitted by the manufacturer of Minda make with engine disabler and working fine till date..

Planning to install one in my Xeta. Most probably it shld be Minda or Autocop.
Anyone have used Minda? How is their A.S.S?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock18 (Post 375489)
Planning to install one in my Xeta. Most probably it shld be Minda or Autocop.
Anyone have used Minda? How is their A.S.S?

Although Minda products in general are quality stuffs, I would recommend Xenos/Autocop because of better A.S.S and also they are VFM.

While I could understand VFM as value for money, what does A.S.S stand for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 376089)
Although Minda products in general are quality stuffs, I would recommend Xenos/Autocop because of better A.S.S and also they are VFM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 376213)
what does A.S.S stand for?

After Sales Support. Also please go through the below thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-team-bhp.html

I use Autocop. Excellent support. They first get the details of problem & try to get it resolved through phone. If not possible, they will there at site same day & will resolve the issue.

I have not faced any issues with the product as such. But unknowingly pressed one of the buttons for few seconds which will enable the siren off mode ( i exactly dont remember, mentioning it to highlight that issue's are not with respect to product)

Thanks Surprise..Have also visited the thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise (Post 376234)
After Sales Support.

I had a wierd idea in my head.The motion sensors which come with some of the security systems.Can we install one before the fuel filter/below/stuck or stuck to the clip which connects the fuel filter and the rubber pipe from which petrol is passed to the fuel filter below the car with sensitivity level adjusted to medium.
This way when the thief tries to steal petrol from the car he will try and remove the clip from the fuel filter and the alarm will go off..
Possible?

I shall be getting a Santro Xing XO soon. It comes with a central locking. Should I go for remote central lock with Security System? I am confused about the 'remote' locking & 'security' systems. Which one is the best & economical too? Can it be bought from accessories shop or should i get the security system installed by ONLY authorised dealers. Advise please. Thanks.

I had Xenos in my Baleno earlier - was pretty okay. But after few months, the remote range became weak - some frequency issue. They give door step service and that way it was okay. The Maruti Nippon one in my current SX4 seems okay so far. Though the operating manual is so confusing & you don't feel like changing anything.

i recently enquired for my santro.. it seems autocops has gone down both in price and quality.. is it true or the dealer pushing his stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobinjv (Post 671923)
i recently enquired for my santro.. it seems autocops has gone down both in price and quality.. is it true or the dealer pushing his stock.

Autcop's quality has not degraded....Don't worry !

I think the worst security system is by Black Cat, horrible, gives loads of problems, had it in my NHC and in 6 months it had 5 problems.

Best i feel is autocop, simple and VFM.

hi ,
i had nippon fitted in my baleno but my remotes got spoilt and i had no clue form where to get them so installed Xenos from Pricol, in my baleno . overall a good security system till now no problems

Cost :- Rs 4000 with installation, my car is a VXi model so it came with central locking

Any idea how much Autocop Terminator would cost me for my Alto and where can I get it in Pune?