Team-BHP - Your car's security system's brand & your opinions about it
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Your car's security system's brand & your opinions about it (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/12742-your-cars-security-systems-brand-your-opinions-about-5.html)

how much does a gear lock cost? and how quick and easy is the installation ? can any workshop dude complete the installation.... am i askn a lotta question ??

I have a Xenos Firewall 2K model (the base model) in my Getz. Was keen to go for a intermediate model (the one with engine immobilizer but without shock sensors), but the dealer advised me not to go for it because it might interfere with ECU settings and its not always practical.

Anyways, since I have a gear lock as well, I thought of going for the base model as anyways my purpose is more of remote locking and unlocking i.e. convenience.

Had Autocp on my Indica and it did give me some trouble one way or the other during 5 years of ownership. e.g. wiring gone loose, remote conked off etc. However, was decent and everytime the technician came to my house to repair the problem.

I have an Auto Cop XS in my Wagon R (2003), got it fitted from the dealer while purchasing the car. The system has worked perfectly (except the reverse horn which was way too loud and had to disable it) without a change of battery for the remote units since then....

I am having the system from a company called VISION. Just the basic system..and i guess,thats the only model that they manufacture.lol. Not so complicated installation and proves to be quite easy to use also. it has been almost 4 years since i fitted it in..and it has never posed any problem till now. Am a happy customer.
cheers guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidMARKS (Post 705099)
how much does a gear lock cost? and how quick and easy is the installation ? can any workshop dude complete the installation.... am i askn a lotta question ??

Xenos Gear Lock installation in my Getz was done by Xenos service guys. It took nearly two hours and they almost got the plastic parts apart. They did not seem to have the required experience.

What they claimed at the end was that the installation is difficult for Getz. Claims that it is easy for Swift.

Gear lock gives me peace of mind. The installation was not neat. But as Getz uses pin type lock it is not easily noticeable.

Guys,
How do i know when the battery of the remote is about to run out of juice?

The real question that i have is, should i be carrying a spare cell in my wallet when going for long drives? (when i cant reach home to get the spare remote)

I usually unlock when i am close to the car, so should i change that and try unlocking from a distance to TEST the battery's strength?? Some how I dont feel very safe doing that.

Still running on my first set of cells, havent replaced them yet, so the question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidMARKS (Post 705099)

You can see my thread.. will give you detailed answer :)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post689908

Had a autocop system installed,it cost me sleepless nights with false alarms,two new batteries ,holes in my car body due to the installation.Got mad disconnected it in 2 months and threw away the earthing wire.

Auto Cop Gear Lock for my XETA- costed me Rs 1200.

I have Autocop XS installed in yr 2000 on Alto LX (1999) only on doors.
Absolutely no problems till date.
Sai Service - Maruti A.S.S.(Pune) had screwed the connections (and lot of more things) in 2006 while replacing steering column. AutoCop guys rectified this within a minute.

I installed Xenos Security System.
Good Service and Battery has been lasting from the day of installation.
Life time warranty.
What else we need..

Hi Spinnerr,

> How do i know when the battery of the remote is about to run out of juice?

The Red LED glow will be dim as the battery goes down and the distance from which the remote is effective will come down.

This is what I have seen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trrk (Post 724304)
Hi Spinnerr,

> How do i know when the battery of the remote is about to run out of juice?

The Red LED glow will be dim as the battery goes down and the distance from which the remote is effective will come down.

This is what I have seen.

I don't think that it happens in all brands ?

Autocop service is quite good. Water entered my Autocop system due to entry of water in my car. It stopped working. My friend and I opened it up and dried and cleaned it up. It started working again. But the remote range was very short (I had to go near to the window to lock/unlock it). Also the ultrasonic sensors were not working. So I called the Autocop service. They came the next day and some checking a few things they replaced my old Autocop unit and the remotes and gave me new ones on the spot. They even didn't even asked for the warranty papers. I dont know how they keep track of warranty?
But once again hats off to their service.

_______
Arup

I rely on Nippon as I am using it for last 6 years. 5 years in my old Indica, which is sold, without a problem and now in my swift for past 7 months. I can vouch for Nippon. The other car at home, M800 is fixed with an Autotcop and the lock mechanism is not working properly now. Its just one month old and will be taking to dealer tomorrow, for service also.