Team-BHP - Your car's security system's brand & your opinions about it
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Your car's security system's brand & your opinions about it (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/12742-your-cars-security-systems-brand-your-opinions-about-6.html)

I've got Nippon installed on my Swift and absolutely no problems so far * touchwood * . Paid 5950 for it which I know is kinda high but then I did it at the Dealer's.

I got the base model of Autocop installed on my Alto. Paid 3400.00 net.
Did some enquiring around and had got quotes 4250.00/4000.00 and then finally 3400.00 was the clincher.
It was painful to see almost 3/4" inch wide hole being drilled to fit the sensor :-(
Almost 2 months up. No issues till now.

I have the Xenos FW 250 (the one with engine immobilizer) for my Accent.
It cost me Rs 3200/-
Xenos offers lifetime warranty as against the 3-5 year warranty for AutoCop.

I will be going in for the Xenos Gear Lock in the near future as well.

Are there no expert?gurus on T-BHP who can actually advise on the best security system OR i am just unable to search the forum properly!!
Coz everybody has narrated his experience but no knowledgable advice the way we can find in ICE section!!!

How much would a basic Xenos System( keyless entry for door and tailgate locking/unlocking) and Xenos Reverse Gear Lock run me?

P.S. Central Locking comes as standard fitment on the vehicle.

Hi Guys,
I have Maruthi Alto with maruti-nippon security system. Last night music system has been stolen. The security system was on and they managed to pull out the rear windscreen entered the car and exit in through the same way.
Today I came to know that same thing happened with 8 [4 Alto and 4 Indica] other cars in the same locality. The shock sensor of the security system was switched off. Because its siren goes off if a 2 wheeler pass by closely or kids touch the body of the car.
My mechanic told that it is very easy to open the rear windscreen of Maruti cars, because it is fixed with only a rubber beeding where as in other cars like Santro the glass is molded with the metal part of the body. Is it true that all the Maruti cars are vulnerable to this?

Any suggestions...

@madmax111, a lot depends on what car you have - whether it comes with engine mobiliser aka maruti's icats, central locking, power windows, etc. IF the car comes with any or all of these, your choice would be limited to those systems which do not have these features. Else, you will end up paying twice for the same feature - once on your car, and again for the security system.

IMHO, look out for a system which has the following feautes -

1. Silent entry / locking.
2. Audio security.
3. Does NOT unlock when engine is switched off. (Like in traffic signals - you do not want people storming you when you switch off the engine at traffic lights).
4. Automatically roll up glasses IF you have power windows.

Following features can end up irritating you:-
1. Shock sensors.
2. reverse gear horn / warning.

But you may want all or some of the features, and it may not be possible to get system which does nor have the unnecessary features and has the required features only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADMAX111 (Post 751851)
Are there no expert?gurus on T-BHP who can actually advise on the best security system OR i am just unable to search the forum properly!!
Coz everybody has narrated his experience but no knowledgable advice the way we can find in ICE section!!!

I personally think that there is no perfect security system. I always prefer mechanical ones to electronics for the simple reason that they make a thievs job much tougher and longer. So get at least a gear lock.

I got this system installed on my scorpio for about 18,000 or something. Dont remember the brand name though. It is amazing. And i have a steering lock which locks the steering in a position that is unmovable.

I've got a autocop on my matiz. Came as O.E. Quite satisified with its performance.

O.E remote lock in my NHC, quite ok, but not a security system. Just a remote lock

O.E remote in the keyfob for my fiesta. Main advantage is that i can open the boot directly. But the buttons stand out too much so may get accidentaly opened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTA (Post 777196)
I got this system installed on my scorpio for about 18,000 or something. Dont remember the brand name though. It is amazing. And i have a steering lock which locks the steering in a position that is unmovable.

Any more details on this please ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 777258)
Any more details on this please ?

The security system works like this- The car can only be unlocked by a remote ( no keys) and that too only after it has been unlocked through your cell phone. Otherwise, you cannot unlock the car. And The steering lock, Let me post a pic of it tommorrow so that it can be explained properly.

As i promised, Here is the picture of the steering lock. Dad bought it in the US
As Seen, The Free End gets locked in between the A pillar and the windsheild. If it is not in this position, it does not lock. This thing is a BIG visual deterent to theives

Hi,

> The shock sensor of the security system was switched off. Because its siren
> goes off if a 2 wheeler pass by closely or kids touch the body of the car.

I am sure the shock sensor sensitivity can be increased to avoid triggering by day to day activities. Also movement detectors can be installed in addition, if the system permits, which will sense motion inside the car.

Hi Trrk.
Thanks for your suggestion. Please let me know more about movement detectors and where can I get them in Bangalore or any dealers in India?