Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2013, 18:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: How to avoid sticking parking stickers on the windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
For cars registered on or after April 1,2010, PUC will be valid for 1 year instead of the previous 3 months validity.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-...1-1014046.aspx
Is this only for Delhi region? I am asking because in AP, the current period is 6 months, not three as mentioned.
Old 22nd February 2013, 22:24   #32
BHPian

Re: How NOT to stick parking stickers on car windshields?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Worse than the permits etc are PUC sitckers. Have to be done more frequently (fortunately it is now annual). They are all beasts to remove. What I do is to either use Seelotape on the back, or cut a piece of polythene to cover all but the periphery. What is the best to remove the glue is Diesel.
Sir,
PUC sticker is invalid, at least in Kerala. They need the certificate in approved format, with photo of the vehicle number-plate printed on it.
Old 25th February 2013, 17:52   #33
BHPian

My Fabia has a toll slip clip attached to the windshield. I usually remove the transparent foil on the parking sticker and stick it to the inside of a plain CD cover (the small transparent kind) and place it under the clip.

This lets me change the sticker when I move from one office to the other - and more importantly, allows me to keep my windshield sticker free!

Karthik
Karthik_S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 15:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

CrAzY dRiVeR - Its a good thread, very valid concern. Most of our cars spot atleast 3-4 stickers. And to add to the worse, company changes the standard every now and then or rather we change the company! Even car service centers add theirs which we need to clean again!

As someone mentioned, looks like Skoda has this ticket holder as OEM fitment in their cars (atleast some models). Its a very handy thingy and doesnt look odd too.

Some of my friends, use transparency sheet where they put the stickers and this thin sheet is inserted between the narrow gap between Windshield and Dashboard. Even I tried it while using my friend's car temporarily.

Somehow this ticket holder options aren't common in Kerala, checked with couple of shops in Kottayam and Kochi earlier. Now the complete focus is on transparent cooling films and other ways to bluff cops.
Old 27th February 2013, 14:12   #35
BHPian

Yes, I realized the advantage of the clip in the Skoda after I got one. Stickers just keeping piling on. Office, Residence, Client location, Kids' school..what not! This clip solves all problems in one go. As Karthik mentioned earlier, I just cut a CD cover to size and then plug the sticker I need to to the clip to get access to the location.

Alternatively, I feel that too many stickers on the car windshield is yet another exposee in our ever "safe" cities makin it just simpler for those rogues who really want to stalk you.

I prefer just the PUC, PDI and AASI stickers on my windshield.

My only wish is SOMEONE invents a generic RF ID that I can recharge at my own will and breeze through all the toll booths in this country. That would super UBER cool.
Old 28th February 2013, 23:05   #36
BHPian

I usually stick the sticker on a transparency sheet cut to size and then stick the transparency to the windshield with sellotape. Since sellotape adhesive is not so strong. It can be easily wiped off with a glass cleaner once the sticker is removed.
Old 1st March 2013, 03:01   #37
Team-BHP Support

Guys, resorted to a simple paper clip and I'm a happy man! The laminated cards ensure sticker has high visibility, will last long, is properly visible from outside, neat and presentable from the inside and best - no stickers on my car when i exit apartment/ office.

The solution was a bit simpler than i initially thought. Luckily Punto has a strap on the front side of the passenger sun-visor (For airbag advisory) which I can use to hold the laminated cards.
Old 2nd March 2013, 22:07   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post

Nope. The sticker is transparent and the plastic part rests with tension against the windshield due to a slight bend in the design. Works flawlessly in three of my cars since the past three years.

I'll click pics and post when i get into the car.
Here's the outside and inside view of the clips in both my cars.

i10:

How to avoid sticking parking stickers on the windshield-image3852177204.jpg

How to avoid sticking parking stickers on the windshield-image2530945683.jpg

Merc:

How to avoid sticking parking stickers on the windshield-image543409138.jpg

How to avoid sticking parking stickers on the windshield-image3467392463.jpg
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 16:26   #39
BHPian

Another solution - cut a thick paper or thin cardboard to approximate shape of your sticker. Then paste your sticker on the same. Put a hole at the top and run a thick thread through the hole and make a knot. Hang it from your rear view mirror. You can remove it as and when you want and put it back.

Note: I HAD to do this as my 1.5 year old loves to test how quickly he can pull out the stickers on the windshield - everytime he is in the car.
Old 17th March 2013, 22:41   #40
BHPian

Finally I am very happy, I was facing the same parking sticker menace but I just have spared myself with a DIY, a person puts his hard earned money and efforts to buy and maintainhis vehicle and ends up putting futile stickers on the vehicle.

In fact many of my friends suffered the same problem and one fine day I woke up with this firm thought that today I am going to solve this problem once and for all.

Here I am sharing what I did followed by pictures for your convenience.

1. Took a regular cloth hanging clip and separated the two ends by taking out the spring.

2. Painted it to colour black as its the most suitable and looks good (didn't find a black one from market thats why I had to paint it).

3. After its dried put double tape so that it sits firmly on the windscreen.

Have been using it for a week and it works like charm.Go ahead friends remove those ugly stickers from your sweethearts windscreen
Old 17th March 2013, 22:50   #41
BHPian

Here are the pics of the diy.

Time taken including painting= 30 mins
Attached Thumbnails
How to avoid sticking parking stickers on the windshield-clip.jpg  

How to avoid sticking parking stickers on the windshield-painting.jpg  

How to avoid sticking parking stickers on the windshield-apply-tape.jpg  

How to avoid sticking parking stickers on the windshield-inside-view.jpg  

How to avoid sticking parking stickers on the windshield-outside-view.jpg  

NST440 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 08:44   #42
Senior - BHPian

Very relevant thread. Those stickers mess up the windshield when they need to be removed. A lazy solution I use is to stick only about the top half of the sticker without peeling the bottom half. If the sticker is of decent quality, you can slowly and carefully peel of the stuck part.
The other thing I do is to stick it at left lowest portion of the windshield so it doesn't hamper the field of view of a co-passenger.
Old 20th March 2013, 13:42   #43
Team-BHP Support

Re: How to avoid sticking parking stickers on the windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Last month i went through the pain of removing few stickers from the windshield when wifey resigned from her previous job, and it was decided then that i WILL NOT be sticking any more stickers on the windshield.
Ajmat had posted a pretty nifty solution to this back in 2008.

Check out the thread here : link

cya
R
Old 5th April 2013, 17:47   #44
BHPian

One of the best solution I have found and which works very well is to get cheap iPad or any screen guard of appropriate size. Paste the sticker onto the screenguard and cut it to the size. You can then apply the screenguard on the windshield. The best thing is its transparent and comes out like a charm when you want to remove it.

Try it out
srsriharsha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 21:18   #45
BHPian

Old thread, resorted to the below method for my wife's new Baleno..

Note: I don't have the patience to go hunting for stuff in the market - prefer things home delivered and sweat-free...

1. Buy this item:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. Stick the sticker to the above laminating pouch.

3. Take a cellophane tape and stick the laminating pouch to the windshield.

Done. Peel off cellophane tape when shifting cars.

Last edited by d_himan : 5th November 2017 at 21:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks