Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2013, 14:03   #1
BHPian

Good Old Swift - New Approach

Hey Guys,

Here is a Swift, that was done up recently.

Exterior - Matte White and Grey finish with custom graphics.
Interior - Custom Dash, Upholstery and Seats, ICE Setup.
Mechanical - Torque Custom Filter and FFE
Attached Thumbnails
Good Old Swift - New Approach-_mg_7745recovered.jpg  

Good Old Swift - New Approach-_mg_7761recovered.jpeg  

Good Old Swift - New Approach-_mg_7765recovered.jpeg  

Good Old Swift - New Approach-_mg_7769recovered.jpeg  

Good Old Swift - New Approach-_mg_7770recovered.jpeg  

Good Old Swift - New Approach-_mg_7775recovered.jpeg  

Good Old Swift - New Approach-img20121003wa000.jpg  

Good Old Swift - New Approach-img20121003wa001.jpg  

Good Old Swift - New Approach-img20121030wa000.jpg  

TORQUED is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 15:50   #2
BHPian

Re: Good Old Swift - New Approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUED View Post
Hey Guys,

Here is a Swift, that was done up recently.

Exterior - Matte White and Grey finish with custom graphics.
Interior - Custom Dash, Upholstery and Seats, ICE Setup.
Mechanical - Torque Custom Filter and FFE
Hi Torqued. I have seen your previous attempts like the thar and the xenon and frankly they were quite better. But what i see here is hideous. I am sorry but i have to be honest in this regard. The bodykit is very weird and doesn't go with the overall theme why the odd placement of the number plates ?

And why did you paint the lights silver / grey. They are not serving any purpose at all( visually and functionally ). Smoked lights ( Black ones ) look good and they dont lower the intensity of the lights much too. And lastly, the headlights are not fitted properly as we can see the panel gaps between the lights and the front hood/bonnet.

This creation really belongs to the weird and wacky section.

I am sure you can do much much better eg: your first honda city !

PS : the only thing i liked are the wheels !

All the very best for the future
aditya.bhardwaj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 16:00   #3
BHPian

This is totally hideous!!

Begging to be in the weird and wacky section
Racer_X is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 16:09   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry, not to my liking.
1) The headlight would have been better if you had gone for the normal indicators rather than LED's. This reminds me of this - .
2) Same with the bodykit. Open mouth grill always belongs to the W&W thread.
3) Why would you have white interiors for our road conditions? If it's a demo car it fine, else - Wrong choice.
4) The grey color looks like a wrong choice and gives the impression that your ran out of paint. (Looks like primer)

No offence meant dude. Pointing out our views so that you can come up with a better product next time. Liked the graphic on the roof. Looks different and a refreshing change from the usual stripes and graphics.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 11th March 2013 at 16:10.
Old 11th March 2013, 16:14   #5
BHPian

Sorry friend, but I have to say this is horrible. The matte white paint job looks like limestone paint work done in villages, Alloys look that they are just out of the oven half-cooked, and interiors are of poor choice.
Old 11th March 2013, 16:17   #6
AVT
BHPian

I really used to love "Torqued" rides, especially the green thar.
This swift looks cheap, cheesy and not at all fabricated well together. The paint looks just like a primer coat.

Love the hood though!
AVT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 16:38   #7
BHPian

These images are downgraded to 1mb from 26mb files, probably what has caused the paint to look odd, or the yellow night lighting is making it look limestone like.

Anyhow, the paint does not feel or look like primer. Grey is the basic primer used, yes but I try and go beyond a bounded box of facts and theories, hence probably saw no issues in Matte Grey paint.

The build quality is perfect(anyone is welcome to come see it personally) however if there is anything a miss please point it out.

I will try and upload better pictures

cheers
Old 11th March 2013, 17:00   #8
BHPian

First of all, an honest appreciation for your effort.

IMHO, the front grille and the cut-outs at the front and back bumper do not go well with the overall design. The gray design(I suppose they are stickers) running from the front fender along the side skirts and through the rear door are a good thought. But, I would prefer them to be a complete contrast to the white. What I however like are the mean looking headlights. But yeah, those LED indicator lights feel out of place. You could have given them a black background atleast. Also, if the car were in black, it would be much better, although black will hide any fine details in the body kit. Just my 0.02$.
Old 11th March 2013, 17:51   #9
BHPian

Hey Torqued,

Firstly, if the customer for whom you have done this mod is happy, then I guess none of the comments here really matter. You did your job, and got your $$, your work is done.
What I think -
1) The execution looks really professional
2) I liked the Grilles incorporated in the rear bumpers. Neat!
3) The White and grey colour combination looks fab, it's different from the conventional stuff and it looks good as well. But even the ORVM's and wiper stalks are grey? One tiny step too far IMO. Throw in a little black in there. The plastics in the headlights, and smoked taillights. Also, if you got the grilles blackened, I think it'd look really good.
4) The headlights, I think, are making the car look a little bugeyed. Why not try replacing them with the double projector setup? At the same time, I honestly think the front main grille could be better off if separated into two , and hey! you get a better place for the numberplate as well. The small grilles on the front and back bumpers are a really nice touch.
5) Love the bonnet vents!
6) The grey Striped vinyl looks good. Even though my OCD is killing me right now( different designs on both sides ), the colour combo is fab!

If I were in Delhi and I wanted a custom bodykit, I would come to you. But I'd have a very specific design in mind.

-SuperBee
SuperBee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 18:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

Personally, I loved the fact that you went with a white/grey combination.

I also think I will like the white interior theme, but - please, more pictures?

Front design I did not like. The big grill needs some relief. And the hexagonal shape does not seem to suit the overall shape of the Swift.

Rear bumper design looks OK, but would have liked it if you had shaped it a little differently and incorporated a diffuser style design.
Old 11th March 2013, 19:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

Not going into my personal opinions on the design, I would like to think logically why you would want to put up the custom graphics on the roof? How many would be actually noticing it being on the roof? Or was it just a customer requirement?

Last edited by thoma : 11th March 2013 at 20:15.
Old 11th March 2013, 20:18   #12
AVT
BHPian

Quote:
These images are downgraded to 1mb from 26mb files, probably what has caused the paint to look odd, or the yellow night lighting is making it look limestone like.

Anyhow, the paint does not feel or look like primer. Grey is the basic primer used, yes but I try and go beyond a bounded box of facts and theories, hence probably saw no issues in Matte Grey paint.

The build quality is perfect(anyone is welcome to come see it personally) however if there is anything a miss please point it out.

I will try and upload better pictures

cheers
Yes it might be a problem of image quality and lighting as well.
I pointed out build quality because there was a panel gap between the headlight and the hood. Maybe thats the way maruti manufactures the swift.
Personally I love most of your projects and the concepts and there quality of fabrication, this one looked a bit weird to me which is completely a subjective matter.
No offences meant.
Hope to see more Torqued rides.
Old 11th March 2013, 20:50   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Not going into my personal opinions on the design, I would like to think logically why you would want to put up the custom graphics on the roof? How many would be actually noticing it being on the roof? Or was it just a customer requirement?
Going by that, Sport stripe on cars should only be on the hood and boot.
Roof graphics are quite visible when the car is on the road. Roof is just as good as a place as any.

Also to clear the air over the graphics. It Is not stickers, these are painted graphics..on the roof and on the sides.

I do not use stickers on any of my mods.
Old 11th March 2013, 21:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Roof graphics are quite visible when the car is on the road. Roof is just as good as a place as any.
!

I should take it that you just wanted to blindly contest my view. Or do you really want to show off a graphics just to the bus commuter? Show it off to fellow car owners on the road so that those guys get flocking at your garage.

Good Old Swift - New Approach-tbhp1.jpg

Last edited by thoma : 11th March 2013 at 21:19.
Old 11th March 2013, 21:18   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
!

I should take it that you just wanted to blindly contest my view.

Attachment 1061073
Not Really, The camera in the pictures are placed at the shoulder level of the car. So you don't see the roof, please go outside and stand next to a car or two, roof line is visible till the apex. Not the entire thing but enough for you to see the graphic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks