Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2022, 07:18   #421
BHPian

Re: Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
I tried to push the material on the sides of the tear together with two fingers and, to my utter horror, FOUND it getting torn like wet tissue paper! I gawked at it for a few minutes in utter disbelief before resigning myself to the situation.
My experience with car covers has been somewhat different. Personally, I have never liked car covers since they trap moisture and promote rusting by acting very similar to greenhouses for plants.

About TPH car covers, they may or may not have contacted me to write a positive review and allow their advertisement/s on a Facebook Creta group that I administer in return for monetary incentives and/or incentives in kind. I may or may not have told them that we have a very strict policy against any incentives and we always try to post reviews in as unbiased a way as possible

They may or may not have backed off after that which makes me think that maybe the quality is not so good after all despite the hype and hoopla surrounding their products
Chhanda Das is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 08:22   #422
BHPian

I am using a Raida brand cover for my cb350 and believe me when I say it's the best cover you can lay your hands on in this budget. Worth every penny.
manojsolanki87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 08:04   #423
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Unfortunately the exact same thing has happened with me, and I threw away the packaging without realising it too!
Why don't you all buy directly from Polco? That's what I recently did. Amazon has way too much junk and way too many fakes.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 20:40   #424
Sen
BHPian

No VW option on Polco's website. RIP.

I did hear on a few other threads about coverwell being decent. Might give them a shot!
Old 15th April 2022, 08:55   #425
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
So when it came to ordering an R15 cover for the Aerox, tried the Polco from Amazon since it said TYVEK (Rs 1,116). But to my utter shock something shoddy in white landed up. And I have not even opened it as I know its not TYVEK.
Quote:
Unfortunately the exact same thing has happened with me, and I threw away the packaging without realising it too! Not sure if a refund will be entertained now!
Just did some search, and now I'm confused. The material seems to be as shown in Dupont website.

I don't have prior experience with Tyvek. Sebring, are you sure it's not the original material? Any members who can comment?

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-screenshot_20220415091006_chrome.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-20220415_090703.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-20220415_090641.jpg

However, quality is still a miss because the description in Amazon and the website mentions elastic at the bottom whereas the product received has none. Also not really their product issue - but the belt and buckle doesn't fit. (Again, it's an R15 cover on an Aerox, so that's not their issue!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why don't you all buy directly from Polco? That's what I recently did. Amazon has way too much junk and way too many fakes.
Product is sold by Polco Creations Pvt Ltd on Amazon. Price and discount on Amazon matches Polco website to the rupee. Hence went ahead with it.

However, the website quality isn't all that better either. For example, Jeep Compass is apparently a TUV 3OO - hopefully only an image issue and won't go wrong with the fitment.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-screenshot_20220415084924_chrome.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th April 2022 at 09:19.
Old 15th April 2022, 10:07   #426
Senior - BHPian

Hey CD. TYVEK is very different to what Amazon has shipped to me and not this. I'd purchased for my car and bike, long long back, and it was light n sturdy. Easy to wash as well. So this must be a fake. I returned it to Amazon citing this isn't TYVEK and got a full refund
Quote:
Just did some search, and now I'm confusedAttachment 2296656

Last edited by Sebring : 15th April 2022 at 10:19.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 12:09   #427
BHPian

I am looking for suggestions on getting a car cover for my XUV7OO. Although I have a covered parking, the car sometimes remains parked for 6-8 days and therefore lot of dust settles on the car. I am looking for a car cover which can protect against dust and not damage the car paint. Request fellow members to share suggestions.

Thanks!
Old 22nd June 2022, 09:51   #428
Senior - BHPian

My TPH Aqua king cover bought in 2019 was torn over the time in less than 3 years’ time. I bought another TPH Nomex cover around Nov-Dec 2021. I was using the same cover till the rains started.

I noticed these stains on the car at the rear. There are similar stains on the top of the hatch as well where the cover fits tightly.
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-stain1tph.jpg
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-stain2tph.jpg

Now my parking is next to the building wall and there is a a/c pipe which drips water almost all the days of the year. I had noticed faint stains like these earlier but did not thought much of it but when the rains started I saw they were more pronounced.

I decided to put back the Aqua king as it is water proof and the Nomex is not advertised as water resistant. I believe these marks are left behind by the Nomex cover and I am now frustrated with same. I doubt I will use the Nomex again.

My question to you guys.
1. Will these marks go?
2. Which water proof and scratch resistant cover is available in the market for a 2019 Swift?

Aqua king (5.3k~) is no longer available at TPH. You can notice the reddish color of the underside of the Nomex cover here.
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-tphunder.jpg

Better if anyone has the Nomex covers to check if their car has these stains as well. TPH has become a pain now for me.
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:52   #429
BHPian

I have a common open parking for my car. I purchased this cover for my i20N and am quite happy with it so far -

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09477Y265?...SZDV7VDJGSW924

Now that monsoon is here, lot of people suggested against using a cover and to keep the car open. Problem is my parking spot is right next to the society garden and my car is parked under trees. So whenever I keep the car open the issue is bird droppings, and I don't wash my car daily or have a society car wash fellow. I tried keeping the car covered for first couple of days of rain - outer side of the cover dries up quickly when rain stops but there's a cotton like inner surface to avoid scratches to the car that remains wet for long time. Will this cause any issue? Or should I keep the car open?

I thought of purchasing a better waterproof cover but upon going through some of the posts on this thread as well as videos on YT, even the best of the waterproof covers aren't fully waterproof.
Ketan_R15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 11:38   #430
Senior - BHPian

I had bought an Aqua king TPH cover for my 2019 Swift. The cover weathered through the lockdown along with incessant sprays by animals leading to wear and tear. (Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc) I had purchased a Nomex cover from TPH for my earlier car and once the Aqua king was on the way of giving up I got myself a Nomex again, this time from Amazon.

The Nomex however developed an issue as highlighted by my post above and I again decided to get myself another cover. I initially thought of getting something cheaper but then decided to go with TPH cover but with a proper water resistant cover. The Aqua king while it looks tattered had protected the car from scratches when a child accidently brushed his cycle against the car with the cover on. The cover was left with a really long smear mark while the car touchwood remained unscathed.

I went to the TPH site and discovered that Aqua king was no longer available and instead Hamster branded cover was there which was promised to be water resistant and able to sustain minor scratches. Called the customer care on the TPH site and the lady at the end said that if I wait for a 5-6 days I will get more color options as only pink was available at that time.

I called up a week later and the lady said I can have the cover in white, navy blue, pink etc. I decided to go for the navy blue with white stitching and white rear view mirrors. While the website quoted 5.6k for the cover, the order placed over the Wats app number came to 5.3k. I was promised delivery in 10 to 12 days. I had placed the order on July 2 and got the cover delivered yesterday.

The cover now came in a new green colored bag.
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-new_bag.jpg

The shade is not visible but is navy blue. Upon opening the smell of the cover reminded me of the childhood old days when one would get a new rain coat just before schools opened post the summer vacation.
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-insidethebag.jpg

The interior surface is white colored and soft to touch.
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-whiteinteriorsurface.jpg

Some pics of the cover.
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-tphcover1.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-tphcover2.jpg

White ears and similar colored stitch piping.
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-whiteears.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-rear.jpg

I think the fitting of this cover is better than the Aqua king and it also seems to weigh more than the earlier water resistant cover. It will be a fair workout to remove and fit the cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-tphcover3.jpg  

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 9th July 2022 at 11:40.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 15:40   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I had bought an Aqua king TPH cover for my 2019 Swift. ...
That looks good. Can you please post a photo of the inside of the cover? Does it have that soft lining that some tph cover have?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 10:17   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That looks good. Can you please post a photo of the inside of the cover? Does it have that soft lining that some tph cover have?
Here you go. The inner is soft to touch and is breathable.

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img_20220710_080206.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img_20220710_080214.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img_20220710_080219.jpg

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-img_20220710_080128.jpg
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 16:57   #433
BANNED

I bought a Glanza recently, and it's parked roadside, no shade and sometimes for days at a stretch. Please suggest a good quality cover for it that would protect it from the elements without compromising its paint job. Had a rubber coated one which was used on my Maruti Esteem, and it peeled its paint off around the front fender when kept in garage for a long time.
Old 12th July 2022, 17:54   #434
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Here is a very good product which I am using.
It is well priced and protects the parked vehicle well from both rain and sun.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-dab6434b9fdf45d3a855593605312eff.png  

shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2022, 15:08   #435
BHPian

I brought a "My TVS" brand cover from a local accy shop for WRV. It cost me around 2800 and the quality is very good. It has got soft lining inside and the fabric gauge is thick and says 100% water proof. IT only has mirror pockets and no roof antenna pocket.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-16712697542637200831534965706411.jpg  

Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-16712698057473544381784258050428.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks