Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2013, 00:03   #16
BHPian

re: PICS : Sunroof Installation Procedure. Webasto @ Delhi

Hello noidaboy

Can you please let us know the contact details of the dealer , so that we can get in touch . Thanks .
Old 22nd March 2013, 02:25   #17
BHPian

re: PICS : Sunroof Installation Procedure. Webasto @ Delhi

1> Did they install any drainage pipes with the install? Did not see any pictures of that.
2> Can drainage pipes be installed?

my car has [Octy vRS] has 4 drainage pipes in the sunroof.
if they get blocked, water leaks like a ***** under heavy rainfall, but with the drains cleaned out not a single drop comes through.

I think it would be a good idea to install drainage pipes if possible as extra insurance in the rainy season.

anecdote: was going for a drive once with a friend and it started raining heavily.
my friend opened his umbrella inside the car to prevent getting wet

luckily it only leaked on the passenger side.
Old 22nd March 2013, 18:27   #18
BHPian

Re: PICS : Sunroof Installation Procedure. Webasto @ Delhi

Nice install Noidaboy! Hope you are enjoying your drives now more than ever!

How much did it cost? And does it not come with a wind/dust deflector?

It must be so cool to have this! I'm getting tempted
Old 23rd March 2013, 21:32   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
1> Did they install any drainage pipes with the install? Did not see any pictures of that.
2> Can drainage pipes be installed?

my car has [Octy vRS] has 4 drainage pipes in the sunroof.
if they get blocked, water leaks like a ***** under heavy rainfall, but with the drains cleaned out not a single drop comes through.

I think it would be a good idea to install drainage pipes if possible as extra insurance in the rainy season.

anecdote: was going for a drive once with a friend and it started raining heavily.
my friend opened his umbrella inside the car to prevent getting wet

luckily it only leaked on the passenger side.
Well this roof had no provision for drain pipes. May be for the 700 series has as its a inbuilt unit and the roof slides inside hence drain pipes are required.

For the leakage testing, the installers give 100% guarantee of it also they pour water to give you satisfaction. Also the leakage in sunroof will be due to no servicing. Dust collects on the channels and roof gets misaligned and waters go between the glass and channel. Webasto is an OEM company ,They supply to most of the of automobile manufacturers world wide hence quality is remarkable.

All sunroofs are OEM quality, Infact the glass seemed better than OEM installs quality wise.

The pricing for this model is 81000/- + tax, But the model range starts from 50000/-

The drives are lovely specially for people who travel at night or like to enjoy the fresh air, Also it gives a luxurious feeling to the car and makes it feel roomy as well. I guess its quite a useful mod both to look at or to use.
Smokers can enjoy a nice smoke in the car as well

The AMC is costing 7500/- or 3500 per service.

Also this model comes with a sunshade so once you close it its feel like normal roof.

Button have been well explained by Vikram_d

you can contact webasto dealer delhi at webastodelhi@gmail.com

To see feature and range of models you can visit http://www.openairfeeling.com (webasto website)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Could you share the contact details, approx cost, benefits of Sunroof and the difference between 300 model and 730 model?
Holandia 700 series defines how the sunroof functions. Its like the ones that come is skoda models. 30 depicts the size.

€Spoiler 300 Deluxe Large
Size : 32.29 x 17.85 Inches
Opening in tilt Height /slide : 1.85 / 10.63
Interior Color : Grey / Beige
Fully automatic, 2 preset Memory, One touch operation, anti jamming with auto close, with Sliding Sunshade

and

Inbuilt 700
Size : 33.52 x 18.70 Inches
Opening in tilt Height /slide : 1.96 / 15.83 Inches
Interior Color : Grey / Beige
Fully automatic, 2 preset Memory One touch operation, anti jamming with auto close, with Hard Sliding Sunshade

Last edited by noidaboy : 23rd March 2013 at 21:36. Reason: more info
noidaboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 21:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

81K for this:O
I find the pricing on the extreme side.
I was toying with the idea of getting in done on the Linea,but i think i will rather enjoy air from the side windows.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 22:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
81K for this:O
I find the pricing on the extreme side.
I was toying with the idea of getting in done on the Linea,but i think i will rather enjoy air from the side windows.
You pay 2-3lakhs extra for when you buy a car from the factory between the top and base model of any car to get a sunroof option. Its a small price when you compare
Old 23rd March 2013, 22:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
You pay 2-3lakhs extra for when you buy a car from the factory between the top and base model of any car to get a sunroof option. Its a small price when you compare
But then,you get a lot more,and not just the Sunroof.
I have always wanted one,but would prefer one from factory.
Btw,how often do you need to service it?
3500 for each service is like too much for just a sun roof,this is like cost of one service for a small hatch.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 22:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Its not 2-3 lakhs. Lets just compare cars that are in the same/similar category. When I bought my i20 Asta in 2011 there was a 40K difference between the 2 models and on top of that you get 4 more airbags. In your case 81K does look a little steep. However, Swift never came with a sunroof and you also got it done by Webasto so for that.
Pancham is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 10:47   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post

Its not 2-3 lakhs. Lets just compare cars that are in the same/similar category. When I bought my i20 Asta in 2011 there was a 40K difference between the 2 models and on top of that you get 4 more airbags. In your case 81K does look a little steep. However, Swift never came with a sunroof and you also got it done by Webasto so for that.
Well yes, but the sunroof model like in an i20 costs around 50k as well.

For me it was the desire factor. I had been looking for it for years. Finally got it
noidaboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 10:53   #25
BHPian

Hello noidaboy

Just want to know why address is not mentioned here for dealer . For all bhpians , i have got hold of contact and i will be posting a address soon of the dealer . There is one in noida sector 5 as well who does the install . As soon as i get the complete address , i will post here .
Old 25th March 2013, 02:04   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hello noidaboy

Just want to know why address is not mentioned here for dealer . For all bhpians , i have got hold of contact and i will be posting a address soon of the dealer . There is one in noida sector 5 as well who does the install . As soon as i get the complete address , i will post here .
Well, The company is yet to bring up a showroom in delhi for it, Currently all operations are happening via at fitment center at Patparganj Industrial Area.

All bhpians can contact M4UGR8 on the forum. He knows the distributor directly. Gets some discounts too
Old 25th March 2013, 22:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

My brother-in-law had sun-roof installed in his Optra from the dealer and that had cost him 70k, 3 years back though. Not sure of the model, will check now for sure.

I was thinking that maybe this process has become cheap but 81k, as someone said, I'll enjoy fresh air from the side windows for now. :P
Old 25th March 2013, 23:24   #28
BHPian

Have to admit 81k is an awful lot of money.I'm guessing it doesn't add that much to the resale value of the car ? But it's one of those things which is cool to have. No arguments there. I've always wanted one. Hopefully in the near future.
vikram_d's thread mentions how his sunroof cost him ~30k 6-7 years back for the same or similar model. Thats why I think its absurdly priced right now.
Autopsyche has a yellow santro on their page in one of their albums with a Webasto pop up sunroof. Has anyone used these ? Are these significantly cheaper than their electric counterparts?
Old 26th March 2013, 01:37   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Have to admit 81k is an awful lot of money.I'm guessing it doesn't add that much to the resale value of the car ? But it's one of those things which is cool to have. No arguments there. I've always wanted one. Hopefully in the near future.
vikram_d's thread mentions how his sunroof cost him ~30k 6-7 years back for the same or similar model. Thats why I think its absurdly priced right now.
Autopsyche has a yellow santro on their page in one of their albums with a Webasto pop up sunroof. Has anyone used these ? Are these significantly cheaper than their electric counterparts?
There are cheaper options

Pop-up version is 18k. Its a manual sunroof that only tilts

The Holandia 300 classic is 55k onwards.

Prices must have increased since 6-7years
Old 26th March 2013, 01:53   #30
BHPian

I always wanted to get a sunroof in my i20. But at 80k installation and then around 5k per service, I guess, I just can't afford it.

BTW are the drainage pipes as mentioned by sprucegoose present only on Skoda? I don't think i20/i10/city has them.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks