Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2017, 00:31   #31
BHPian

Re: Petes : 30% off on Stage 1 Remaps

Petes : 30% off on Stage 1 Remaps-petes.jpg

"Yes you are seeing it alright. Thx to the super response from you all and the hundreds of requests to give you guys a few more days, Our special 25% Off Onam offer for remaps is now extended & ON till the 29th of this month.

Yes you can get the 14250/- price till the 29th of September. What are you waiting for. contact your closest dealer www.petes.in/dealers

And Rule Every Road You Take"
anandharamanp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 13:40   #32
BHPian

I line in chennai and i reached out to Raghul of Petes Coimbatore for remapping my Vento TDI which is suffering sluggishness due to VW emission 's update fix. Since he travel to chennai every week he agreed to do the remap at no extra cost (only 14,250 for remap and they need 3 working days to come back and fix the update one. Help me with my below questions:
1) My car is due for 2nd year service - should i need to wait till Dec or grab the offer now - More than the offer it's the excitement of getting back the lost power and couple of highway drives planned before December, i wanted to get it done immediately - but at the same time i am concerned VW should not reflash the ecu during the 2nd service - Any suggestions
2) Will petes give me a Challan or receipt acknowledging that they took my car's ECU? Should i insist for one.
Please let me know,Thanks.
Old 15th September 2017, 22:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

I am tempted for my yeti! have to contact Autopsyche, NCR dealer for Pete's.
Old 18th September 2017, 10:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandharamanp View Post
After the diesel emission fix on my Vento, the power is not enough for me and considering of doing a remap from petes following are my questions:
1) Is it reliable?
2) will it void warranty?
3) I have a extended warranty till Dec 2019 and hence will the car be remapped again by VW service center if go to them for regular service or any other repairs - reason i ask is that recently Catalytic converter symbol flashed and disappeared in few minutes but i took the car to VW service center-they connected the OBD tool and confirmed me that nothing to worry and all is fine - in such cases will the OBD tool be in a position to identify if get the remapping done?
4) I l live in chennai and will i be in a position to use their service from chennai itself.[/url]
I may be able to answer your queries partially.

1. There were no complaints from any of BHPian's after petes remap. However we should not forget that we are altering several engine parameters to squeeze more power, so there may be more stress on the engine than stock.
2. Warranty will be void, If VW finds that you have tampered ECU.
3. Petes will be updating the ECU free of cost later, even if VW updates ECU.

P.S: I am in the process of remap my 1.6 TDI Skoda Rapid. Damage to my pocket will be 16,250/-.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 12:45   #35
Team-BHP Support

A BHPian shares his experience of remapping his Vento TDI from Pete's:

Quote:
On 18th Sep, I confirmed to Rahul (from Uber Werkstatt - dealer of Petes in Coimbatore) on my decision to remap and fixed an appointment for 7 pm in evening. Rahul travel to Chennai every week end and leaves for Coimbatore by Monday night, so there was no extra cost associated for me to bring him to Chennai.

Rahul arrived at my residence on 18th evening and performed the following: 1) Battery terminals were disconnected 2) Air filters were removed 3) ECU was removed and he took the same with him and left for Coimbatore the same night. He is expected to come back to Chennai on 22nd morning and do the remapping. The plan is for him to unlock the ECU at his workshop and make it readable and writable. Three days went like 3 years for me and I missed my car much.

On 22nd Rahul arrived by noon and fixed the ECU into the vehicle, replaced the air filter and connected the terminal and started taking a copy of the stock ECU and then he left to his home in Chennai to get the software edited. He again arrived in the evening but due to sever issues we have to wait for 30 minutes. Once the server was up and running, he made the ECU remapping done successfully in matter of 10 minutes. Following are my observations:

• We started the vehicle and it started in a single crank – engine noise was considerably reduced – RPM during idling came down from 1100 to 800.

• Took the car for a test drive but due to rains and hectic traffic we could not take the vehicle more than 2600 rpms and have to come back home – but for sure I was able to experience the sudden surge of power at its wheels from 2000 rpms itself and I was excited. Waited till 11 pm expecting traffic will settle down by then but it hot happen and hence I could not test it again.

• Next 6 days was busy for me in office and I happen to drive the car only in bumper to bumper traffic for short distance(20kms.day). I had plans to go to my home town on 28th and was eagerly waiting for the day to come so that I can test the vehicle on highways. On 28th I started early from office and reached home by 4:30 pm to pick my wife and son – Loaded all the luggages and started the car only to realize that my car won’t start – it showed up battery/alternator symbol. I was paranoid that this issue should not be related to remap – called up Petes Rahul and he assured that it could be battery issue and certainly not related to remap. The local battery dealer confirmed me that battery went dead and needs to be replaced, he had only 65Ah stock with him instead of 60 AH and he tried convincing me to go for 65 AH. I called up VW to find if that is fine but VW rep asked me to go ahead with 60AH and Exide only not any other brand. I asked him if I could buy it from VW(due to my urgency to travel hometown) for which he said that they had done the Auyudha pooja and can only make the sale to me on Saturday (as Friday is holiday for Auyutha pooja)

• Battery dealer reached out to Exide company and procured one 60AH battery at the cost of 7K after taking the old battery. I had no mind to negotiate with him but I wanted to confirm that my car would start with a new battery. I asked him to jump start the car and we were successful. Hence the replacement was done and car started fine by 8 pm and I decided to travel early morning the next day in fear of the hectic night traffic on highways.

• On Highways the 29th Morning:- the car behaved like a beast with surplus power at its wheels , sudden surge kicking in once again in my car after 1+ year but this time it was much more aggressive and it brought back the grin on face again. Overtaking has become a breeze once again and I no more need to do calculated overtaking. Engine no more feels strained and car pulls effortlessly.

Cost incurred is as below:
Remap – 14,250
Air filter – 450
Total - 14,700

Note: Petes dealer in Bangalore told me that he would charge me a remapping cost of 16,250 for vento plus travel cost of 4K.

While I am extremely happy about the remap by Petes dealer at my doorstep, following are something that I wanted to share with you and get your opinions.

• At 1X position the wiper takes more time to do a wiping than the stock timing– can this be corrected.

• After reading El lobo 6061’s post on his 5th Service update, I understand that battery needs to be charged as the ECU remap process could drain the battery whereas in my case it was not done – I guess since the remap is done at my residence, charging the battery was skipped. Is that the reason why the battery could have gone dead in my case - What’s your thought guys? (Note: The battery showed no signs of draining at all so far and it had worked fine in situations where I started even after being idle for 15days when I went overseas)

• Rahul suggested that the air filter alone needs to be replaced once in 6 months and I can stick on with my regular service intervals. Any suggestions from you guys for me that I need to be mindful of take care of as “after remap” care.
Gannu_1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 12:32   #36
BHPian

I got in touch with petes Bangalore thru facebook for a stage-1 remap on my Laura TSI & I was quoted a whopping 54,000. It's shocking to see people getting it done for as little as 14,000.
Agreed they are from a segment below but still the cost difference is almost 4X.
Any thoughts?
raihan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 12:52   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
I got in touch with petes Bangalore thru facebook for a stage-1 remap on my Laura TSI & I was quoted a whopping 54,000. It's shocking to see people getting it done for as little as 14,000.
Agreed they are from a segment below but still the cost difference is almost 4X.
Any thoughts?
Pete's get Custom Code UK Remap for 1.8 TSI. They are one of the reputed tuners in Europe for VAG cars. Yes, 54k looks very expensive. I suggest you to check with other famous VAG tuners in Bangalore like APR, E tuners Motorsports etc.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 8th May 2018 at 12:53.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 13:00   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Any thoughts?
54K?

Thats outrageous, I have had people mapping theres for less than 30 by Pete's.

I suggest you contact Revo or APR at that price. You can also get in touch with Code6.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 08:32   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any thoughts?

We got a remap done for a VW in the family few days back from Pete's and it was <20k.
Old 10th May 2018, 10:03   #40
BHPian

What car was it naveen? Maybe I should drive down to Cochin for a remap cum vacation!
Old 10th May 2018, 11:25   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What car was it naveen? Maybe I should drive down to Cochin for a remap cum vacation!

Jetta diesel. It was a stage 1 remap (180bhp/400Nm claimed). Went there all of a sudden one night to check the compatibility, gave the car next day morning and got it the same day.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 11:34   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
We got a remap done for a VW in the family few days back from Pete's and it was <20k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Jetta diesel. It was a stage 1 remap (180bhp/400Nm claimed).
Yes, their price for diesel VAG cars are much lesser. For 1.8 TSI, 2.0 TSI the maps are from Custom Code UK. Petes do charge more for them.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 15:07   #43
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Now, that is some deal! Thanks to Rakesh Jha for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Dear Team-BHP,

As seen below, there is an offer running for remaps on 2.0 TDI (Jetta, Octavia ) with price of 13000 all inclusive.

Kindly circulate to all interested parties.

Regards
Rakesh Jha

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 at 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: Contact Us Form - Rakesh
To: rakesh jha
Cc: akshay r

Rakesh

There is an offer currently. The cost of the remap is Rs 13,000/- all inclusive.
Suggest you avail this offer as it wont last long!

For further information call me at +919741422226

Regards,
Shibin
Director
Petes Automotive Products
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 10:44   #44
Team-BHP Support

I dont know where to post this but I recently heard from a Birdie that Petes has been sold to the Bangalore franchisee - Shibin
Old 1st March 2019, 14:13   #45
BHPian

There may be some truth to this. I was at a Pete's dealer in Mumbai this afternoon, and all the calls he made to check compatibility, etc were to Shibin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks