Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2013, 02:01   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Petes : 30% off on Stage 1 Remaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Does anyone know the amount Petes used to charge to do a remap for a car like Vento TDi. Have sent them a mail asking about the price for their remap, would love to get it done for my Vento if its in the vicinity of 25k after discount. Read on some other forum about a cruze owner who got his car remapped for 45k earlier - if thats the truth, then its quite expensive even with 30% off.
For the Vento I am sure it will be around 25K, atleast in Cochin. I am not aware how much the franchises are charging though across the country.
robimahanta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 06:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
As far as I know Tune O Tronics are not doing any performance modifications be it downpipe or turbo which is necessary for the higher states of tune. Fine tuning a map is offered for free at Petes as well, one can also revert back to stock map before a service if needed and then get the remap post service for free.
If the modification involves performance modifications along with a remap, then it is a stage 2 mod, rather than a stage 2 remap. That is my understanding I am not an expert though.

Does petes charge for the remap again in stage 2 or just for the cost of parts and install.

Quote:
Another thing, what if your coils/turbo etc get damaged by a map from Tune o Tronics. Who do you go to for service then? At Petes, you get the 24x7 service back up with out having to go through the torture of visiting the service centres (esp if its a Skoda/VW one)
Only in KERALA and KARNATAKA right ? I envy the KL and KA guys. Petes network is non-existent in MH.

Quote:
Regarding the detail discount break up , apart from the flat 30% on all stage 1 maps and 10% off everything else they sell:
Thank you for the sheet. Could we also have the price list for remaps ?

Last edited by F150 : 7th December 2013 at 06:56.
Old 7th December 2013, 11:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is there any discounts on detailing sessions as well?
As of now there is no discount for detailing. But there is a 10% off for Chemical Guys products.
AshwinThekkan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 10:14   #19
BHPian

Update : 30% off on remap will be available till 23rd of december only.
Attached Thumbnails
Petes : 30% off on Stage 1 Remaps-image4051596094-copy.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd October 2023 at 22:11. Reason: Old post, but needed to edit the image
AshwinThekkan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 02:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwinThekkan View Post
Update : 30% off on remap will be available till 23rd of december only.
Thanks for the heads up! I was planing to do the stage 1 remap on my Octavia in a couple of months. After hearing this, I called up Pete's help line number and inquired about the price. The sticker price for the remap was 38000 and after the discount it came to 26500. That's 530 bucks for each potential HP.

I found the offer too good to let go. I headed to pete's in jubilee hill and paid for the map. I, however, requested them to defer the upload for a couple of months.

I was under the impression that pete's remaps came with a warranty. Mr Navin, the franchise owner, seemed to suggest that there were none . The only reassurance he gave me was that pete's has done many cars and that it has never gone wrong.

Last edited by karthikpra : 20th December 2013 at 02:30.
Old 24th January 2014, 21:49   #21
BHPian

Pete's : Price reduced for Pete's Custom Remaps

Pete's Automotive have reduced the rate for custom remaps. Now the rates starts from Rs: 24,000/-.
Attached Thumbnails
Petes : 30% off on Stage 1 Remaps-img_11291648522320.jpeg  

AshwinThekkan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2014, 10:48   #22
BHPian

Yeah saw that on their FB page. Tempting I must say!
Old 19th March 2014, 09:00   #23
BHPian

Pete's team will be at Kozhikode on Thursday and Friday (20th & 21st) for all who have been waiting to get remapped, here is your chance.

For more details contact, Vinu 9895055545
Attached Thumbnails
Petes : 30% off on Stage 1 Remaps-3841_669440829779185_1941236854_n.jpg  

Old 19th March 2014, 10:58   #24
BHPian

Re: Pete's : Price reduced for Pete's Custom Remaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwinThekkan View Post
Pete's Automotive have reduced the rate for custom remaps. Now the rates starts from Rs: 24,000/-.
I did take the plunge last month at this rate. For 24k, the remap suddenly made more sense over the tuning box. The claimed figures for the Punto are 115 hp and 255 Nm Less than 1k per additional hp
Old 19th March 2014, 11:24   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakenguy View Post
I did take the plunge last month at this rate. For 24k, the remap suddenly made more sense over the tuning box. The claimed figures for the Punto are 115 hp and 255 Nm Less than 1k per additional hp
How's your car now? Did you go in for a standard remap or was it customised? Don't know if Pete's do tailor-made maps.

Was your Punto originally a 75hp FGT or 90bhp VGT? Either way, hope you're happy with your investment. I am considering my options as well, but there are a lot of remaps available out there, it's getting hard to choose.
coloneljasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 11:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
How's your car now? Did you go in for a standard remap or was it customised? Don't know if Pete's do tailor-made maps.

Was your Punto originally a 75hp FGT or 90bhp VGT? Either way, hope you're happy with your investment. I am considering my options as well, but there are a lot of remaps available out there, it's getting hard to choose.
Mine was originally a 90 hp VGT. It was a standard remap. In my communication with them, I didn't see the possibility of fine tuning a lot. However, they did talk of a full refund in case I didn't like the remap and wanted to move back to stock, within 15 days.

I'm very very happy with my investment. Though the annoying turbo lag is still present(lower than earlier), the car just flies beyond 2 k rpm.
Old 27th October 2014, 17:05   #27
BHPian

Pete's inviting dealers for detailing shop & performance shop , so if you want to be in fast track contact them soon.

Petes : 30% off on Stage 1 Remaps-petes.jpg
Old 27th October 2014, 17:37   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
Don't know if Pete's do tailor-made maps.
As far as I understand Petes dont do any tuning locally and has the expertise to do so. They get the backup of the existing map files from the customer's car and sent it to their allies abroad and flash the edited files back. So there wont be much options for the customisation. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 27th October 2014 at 17:39.
Old 30th October 2014, 11:28   #29
BHPian

It is a very complex thing to design such maps and its done by expert team of engineers. Petes use maps engineered by Custom Code, UK. It is done exactly the way ::CMS:: mentioned. There are different stages of maps available though, out of which higher stages demand mechanical modifications and up-gradations for enabling the car to be able to handle the extra power and torque, not only to engine but to other components too like brakes and in extreme cases, even to the chassis.
Old 10th September 2017, 00:22   #30
BHPian

After the diesel emission fix on my Vento, the power is not enough for me and considering of doing a remap from petes following are my questions:
1) Is it reliable?
2) will it void warranty?
3) I have a extended warranty till Dec 2019 and hence will the car be remapped again by VW service center if go to them for regular service or any other repairs - reason i ask is that recently Catalytic converter symbol flashed and disappeared in few minutes but i took the car to VW service center-they connected the OBD tool and confirmed me that nothing to worry and all is fine - in such cases will the OBD tool be in a position to identify if get the remapping done?
4) I l live in chennai and will i be in a position to use their service from chennai itself.

Offer from Petes:

"Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited

Yes you are seeing it alright. Thx to the super response from you all and the hundreds of requests to give you guys a few more days, Our special 25% Off Onam offer for remaps is now extended & ON till the 29th of this month.
Yes you can get the 14250/- price till the 29th of September. What are you waiting for. contact your closest dealer www.petes.in/dealers

Last edited by anandharamanp : 10th September 2017 at 00:27.

Most Viewed