Team-BHP - The 'Wiper Blade' Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   The 'Wiper Blade' Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/14555-wiper-blade-thread-56.html)

GM Wiper are available on Pepperfry.com for Rs 239. Use coupon code for 20% discount PEPOMGN9J78, PEPOMGN4C53, PEPOMGN8X29, PEPOMGN8R74, PEPOMGN6B82, PEPOMGN3G57, PEPOMGN4B35, (You must login first to apply coupon)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandyrana (Post 3161948)
I have ordered GM last week and got them, they are performing well, I bought Hella Dynaedge for Safari last year but there was squeeking noise after sometime and i had to replace them with bosch.

I'm happy too. Working well in my Accord. Though, to be frank, only 2 pouring rains since the time I put it on.

The plastic quality is nothing home to write about, but the rubber seems OK. Anyway, worth the 2XX bucks

Got the Bosch set for the swift from Mark@Premjis Thane for 366 MRP. Replacement for 2 year old Hella dynas which started squeaking a lot this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by latentpotential (Post 3171123)
Got the Bosch set for the swift from Mark@Premjis Thane for 366 MRP. Replacement for 2 year old Hella dynas which started squeaking a lot this year.

Bought the same for Rs290.00 last month.

My friend tells me that they just replace the rubber beading (and not the full wiper - rubber + metal arm) when he gives his car for service @ hyundai and it just costs 20-25rs.

At this price, I dont mind replacing them every 6 months whether I use the wiper or not!

I was wondering if we have a DYI where we can just replace the rubber alone instead of the entire kit. Any suggestions on whether this can be done?

PS: I have Bosch Wipers on my car. I replace them every year more or less & spend 300rs for it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by null (Post 3171353)
My friend tells me that they just replace the rubber beading (and not the full wiper - rubber + metal arm) when he gives his car for service @ hyundai and it just costs 20-25rs.

At this price, I dont mind replacing them every 6 months whether I use the wiper or not!

I was wondering if we have a DYI where we can just replace the rubber alone instead of the entire kit. Any suggestions on whether this can be done?

PS: I have Bosch Wipers on my car. I replace them every year more or less & spend 300rs for it!

Which hyundai car is it?

For i20, just the rubber itself costs 800 for a pair. Which is a total ripoff. I have changed over to bosch clear advantage for good. Won't be changing the blades for atleast 2 years for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 3171409)
Which hyundai car is it?

The humble Santro. Let me recheck with him again since you say they charge 800rs for i20. I remember seeing the bill some time back and asking him how come it is soo cheap & he had explained it is just the rubber part replaced.

My experience with bosch blades is that they don't last more than 1 year. I do not maintain it in anyway (applying vaseline when not in use/summers etc). They just get hard n brittle over 1 full season. I thought it is because of the manufacturing date (was like 2+ years old when I checked last time) is the reason. Shop guy was sort of sarcastic, when I said it lasts only 1+ year, by saying its just 300rs! I need to replace it for my car again since rains are back. I will ask the spares shop guy about the rubber replacement option when I go by.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumathindra (Post 3159452)
The rear wiper of the FIGO is priced at 800 at the service center :Frustrati.

I had changed them a year back got one for 200 or 300 something however the issue is it does not stick to the glass and also does not wipe properly.

Any idea why are they so expensive?

I have tried changing my figo's stock rear blade with HELLA DynaEdge Wiper Blade, but sadly it was nor fitting properly. Anyways my front blades got changed with the same and cost me Rs. 1100/- for a set.

I think we can replace the rear blade only with the ones available in the authorised service centre.

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_himan (Post 3171118)
I'm happy too. Working well in my Accord. Though, to be frank, only 2 pouring rains since the time I put it on.

The plastic quality is nothing home to write about, but the rubber seems OK. Anyway, worth the 2XX bucks

i am extremely unhappy with the GM blades. Ordered it from Snapdeal and got the wiper delivered in 2 days. However, on fitting, the blades shudder very time i use them. The plastic edge at one end is also broken.

have written to them for refund but it has all fallen on deaf ears.

very poor customer experience

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwaypatrol (Post 3175108)
I have tried changing my figo's stock rear blade with HELLA DynaEdge Wiper Blade, but sadly it was nor fitting properly. Anyways my front blades got changed with the same and cost me Rs. 1100/- for a set.

I think we can replace the rear blade only with the ones available in the authorised service centre.

Yes looks like the rear wiper has to be sourced from the service center. 800 bucks for one wiper ! :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumathindra (Post 3175118)
Yes looks like the rear wiper has to be sourced from the service center. 800 bucks for one wiper ! :Frustrati

But do u use the rear wiper so frequently? Usually i wipe only once in say 5 kms that too during heavy rains. The even if u spend rs. 800/- it shud b there for atleast 3-4 years.... I however feels awkward to see rear blades wiping continously while driving.. stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwaypatrol (Post 3175134)
But do u use the rear wiper so frequently? Usually i wipe only once in say 5 kms that too during heavy rains. The even if u spend rs. 800/- it shud b there for atleast 3-4 years.... I however feels awkward to see rear blades wiping continously while driving.. stupid:

Well my car is 3 years old and the rear wiper was squeaking every time it wiped and hence i changed it a couple of months back. I blundered, I should have retained the wiper and changed only the balde :Frustrati

On the usage part, yes less frequently used however when used it should wipe properly. The current one does not as it's contact with the glass is not there towards the end. This results in not wiping at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumathindra (Post 3175149)
Well my car is 3 years old and the rear wiper was squeaking every time it wiped and hence i changed it a couple of months back. I blundered, I should have retained the wiper and changed only the balde :Frustrati

On the usage part, yes less frequently used however when used it should wipe properly. The current one does not as it's contact with the glass is not there towards the end. This results in not wiping at all.

You can adjust the flex of the wiper blade(the supporting ledges) to have it curved to sweep the enter glass area.:thumbs up
Be careful not to break it - Just put some force to have it bend slightly.

Its been a year since I've put Bosch ClearAdvantage wipers. Some observations:

1. Wipers have started streaking now. However after 3-4 minutes in the rain, they stop streaking!

2. The edge, about 3/4 of an inch lifts off a bit on the passenger side, as in it is not resting fully on the glass.

3. There is a spillover, water comes off the edge from the driver side blade onto the passenger side on the return wipe, effectively wetting the entire passenger side. Is this normal?

4. Wipers started to hop a bit; very little on driver side but the passenger side hops quite badly. If I use a sealant (wax like thing) on the glass, the hops stop. But they start hopping after some 10-15 wipes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by null (Post 3171353)

That is true. They just change the rubber wiping part, not the metal arm. And it costs something like what you've mentioned.

But I feel the wiping quality nor life is as good as Bosch. Definitely, value for what you pay though!