Team-BHP - The 'Wiper Blade' Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   The 'Wiper Blade' Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/14555-wiper-blade-thread-60.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by unk9ja (Post 3455591)
You could ask the dealer to show the pages on which single wipers are mentioned in the catalogue. There are single ones available too. You can pair these up as per your requirement and use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by triedeverything (Post 3455567)
We (a group of XUV 500 owners on FB) are ... Has anyone else recently installed aero twins for their XUV? Was there a compromise on the size that results in an unwiped patch?

You should also watch out for the connector type. See here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by triedeverything (Post 3455567)
the dealer says 19 inch blades are not available as a set for aero twins.

Aero twins were mostly shipped as singles, so it should not be an issue for the sizes. But getting Aero twins could be another story, due to the price not many retailers stock them as they cost nearly twice (in csome sizes thrice) of what normal wiper blades cost and hence are not quick off the shelf.

Try as I might I could not get Bosch 19" and 24" blades with the Top Lock connector. For explanations on connectors See here. I am told Bosch is only selling Hook type connectors here in India - don't know if its true or just ignorance at the retailers part.

Does anyone know if the above is true and if not can anyone help me with the part number so that I can give it to an authorised dealer and request him to find out.

Can someone tell me if it's possible to get the wiper blade rubber(refill) alone? or should buy the wiper blade assembly? stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anoopscv (Post 3484406)
Can someone tell me if it's possible to get the wiper blade rubber(refill) alone? or should buy the wiper blade assembly? stupid:

You get it online. I have seen wiper blade rubbers alone in aliexpress, dx and few other sites. But guess these are local chinese make and not bosch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3484576)
You get it online. I have seen wiper blade rubbers alone in aliexpress, dx and few other sites. But guess these are local chinese make and not bosch.

Any branded ones can be bought locally or online? or its only cheap Chinese make?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anoopscv (Post 3484730)
Any branded ones can be bought locally or online? or its only cheap Chinese make?

Havent seen any branded ones. Just check aliexpress. You will have a lot of options and prices starts from 400 a piece.

EDIT: Bosch refills
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/Wip...efills-c-1392/

FYI, bosch has been making wipers in china since 2012.
You can pick them up from Ali, and they will not be cheap.

Got the bosch aerotwin 26" for my etios just now from waterloo motors (bosch dealer) on tilak road, pune for Rs. 1200. The wiping is amazing! Cursing myself for using some cheap chinese copy of the aerotwin for the past one year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raghuvir (Post 3493452)
Got the bosch aerotwin 26" for my etios just now from waterloo motors (bosch dealer) on tilak road, pune for Rs. 1200. The wiping is amazing! Cursing myself for using some cheap chinese copy of the aerotwin for the past one year.

Can you quote the part number on the carton of the wiper. Someone was on the lookout a few pages back and there was no answer to it, hence this request.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unk9ja (Post 3495315)
Can you quote the part number on the carton of the wiper. Someone was on the lookout a few pages back and there was no answer to it, hence this request.

Sure thing! Part number for 26" (inches) Bosch Aerotwin Wiper blade (for Etios): 3397 008 122.

My WagonR VXI (2013) has the wiper blades of 20" & 16" size. I have searched for 'Clear Advantage' by Bosch but a dealer told that it comes in the size of 20" & 17" in a pack. Now, I want to know that if I take 20" & 17" , whether it will work or create any problem for that extra one inch? please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tasuray (Post 3498901)
My WagonR (2013) has the wiper blades of 20" & 16" size. I have searched for 'Clear Advantage' by Bosch but a dealer told that it comes in the size of 20" & 17" in a pack. Now, I want to know that if I take 20" & 17" , whether it will work or create any problem for that extra one inch?

AFAIK, the extra one inch wont be a problem. I have a similar case on my ecosport. Went for that extra one inch wiper and absolutely no problems. If you are buying from a local shop, you can check it before buying.

I need 24inch & 20inch wiper for my Audi but they are the Push Botton type, same as the Skoda Superb's wipers. They aren't the usual hook system as most other wipers cars.
Is there a reputed brand like Bosch or Hella available in this size and push button system?

I was forced to buy from Skoda this monsoon as the long brand I could find with this system in the open market last year was syndicate. Those turned out to be of horrible quality. The Skoda original ones costed 4000 a pair!

Picked up a pair of Bosch clear advantage blades for my Swift. They came as a set and cost me ₹ 840/- after discount. Initial impression is satisfactory as the wipers tend to leave a smudge on the edges. Will update with more details after I undertake a long drive to Goa this weekend.

Neatly packed set. The clearadvantage blades offer a cost advantage over the twice as expensive Aerotwins:

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1407865581.626329.jpg

Frameless design is same as the aerotwin:

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1407865599.583051.jpg

Installation instructions:

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1407865615.660796.jpg

Part number for the Swift:

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1407865629.163302.jpg

Clearadvantage catalogue:

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1407865649.518746.jpg

Old Aerotwin catalogue:

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1407865665.588101.jpg