Team-BHP - The 'Wiper Blade' Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   The 'Wiper Blade' Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/14555-wiper-blade-thread-51.html)

Not sure if anyone has tried Aero Wipers (some unknown GM brand). I bought them online from autotrends.in
With the monsoons approaching in Delhi NCR, the wiper change on my City was overdue. These are cheap (300 shipped for a pair - 24" &15"), even cheaper than standard hella's, so thought of giving them a try. I have used them just once, and the results are good. Need to wait before their life can be judged. They look good too, similar to Bosch aerotwins.

Link: http://www.autotrends.in/index.php/b...ro-wipers.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 3150779)
I have not tried the glycerine in water wipe . What dilution do you use and how often do you do it?

Water and glycerin mix less than quarter of a tea cup. Proportion is two cap full of glycerin and rest water. deep a soft cotton cloth and wipe the blades. Let them be moist for sometime and then wipe them off.
Quote:

Originally Posted by sameerg001 (Post 3150806)
But I had an altogether different experience, I started getting streak marks on windshield after 6 months of usage,

That well could be because of the heat in Delhi though I can't say for sure. You'll get streak marks when the rubber is bone dry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 3149734)
Did the same after reading your post. Skoda wanted 2.5k for the Yetis front wipers. Went to Shetty and picked up a pair for 1100. Seem to be working perfectly for now. But may not last till next year.

Hi,
Didn't you just recently buy the Yeti? Why would it need new wiper blades so soon, if you don't mind me asking?
My superb needs one new blade but only because the contact point is a little uneven (probably from the car wash guy lifting it poorly). But aside from that it's been over two years and they work perfectly.

BTW, this website seems to have the relevant info on wiper blades and pin fittings (with photos) for Skoda vehicles. Hope this clears any confusion for future purchases.
http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/skoda-s...-wiper-blades/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raccoon (Post 3150705)
That made me check out the wipers on Snapdeal. They don't seem to have Bosh, but for Maruti Esteem, they have only 1 listing for a brand called G M. Anybody knows how good it is? The sizes mentioned are 20" and 18"

The GM wipers don't seem to have any user reviews on Snapdeal. Not that I'm very trusting of reviews on these sites...

Or can I buy one 20" and one 18" Hella blades separately for the Esteem? Are the connectors of all these blades the same? Also, how do these Hella wipers compare with ordinary/basic Bosch wipers? Dont' want to spend more than about 350; which is what the authorised Bosh dealer in Pune quoted on phone. But getting to the dealer is a problem, since they close at 6 pm. Hence buying online would be a huge convenience for me.

Also, the dealer has blades that are made in 2012... so they are a year or more old. Would that make a difference?

Get the regular Hella blades separately if it doesn't come as a kit, doesn't make any difference since those will fit the hook type wiper arms of the Esteem. These should cost you around 320 bucks delivered from snapdeal after 10% discount.

I'm thinking of getting another set for the i10, 22" - 16".

Quote:

Originally Posted by live2drive (Post 3150817)
Not sure if anyone has tried Aero Wipers (some unknown GM brand). I bought them online from autotrends.in
With the monsoons approaching in Delhi NCR, the wiper change on my City was overdue. These are cheap (300 shipped for a pair - 24" &15"), even cheaper than standard hella's, so thought of giving them a try. I have used them just once, and the results are good. Need to wait before their life can be judged. They look good too, similar to Bosch aerotwins.

Link: http://www.autotrends.in/index.php/b...ro-wipers.html

Thanks for mentioning that site. These seem to be the same as those listed on Snapdeal, though Snapdeal hasn't used the word "Aero" anywhere. The detail Autotrends has given is much better and convincing than that given by Snapdeal. But have never heard of this site before. Is it reliable and fast? Snapdeal usually ships quite fast... and I need new wipers ASAP, else my pictures might populate the Accidents thread soon. :p

If 10% off works for these wipers on Snapdeal, the price on both sites is almost the same. Though I'm not sure if Snapdeal will charge for shipping as the cost will drop below Rs. 299 after 10% discount. Snapdeal has a return policy (dunno if its valid for wipers)... don't know about Autotrends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 3150935)
Get the regular Hella blades separately if it doesn't come as a kit, doesn't make any difference since those will fit the hook type wiper arms of the Esteem. These should cost you around 320 bucks delivered from snapdeal after 10% discount.

I'm thinking of getting another set for the i10, 22" - 16".

Thanks a lot mate. Connector compatibility was the main thing I was concerned about. But I was considering the GM wipers from autotrends.in or Snapdeal instead as they seem to have a new design and look, etc. They are slightly cheaper too. Do you think it might be a good idea?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raccoon (Post 3151045)
The detail Autotrends has given is much better and convincing than that given by Snapdeal. But have never heard of this site before. Is it reliable and fast?

Thanks a lot mate. Connector compatibility was the main thing I was concerned about. But I was considering the GM wipers from autotrends.in or Snapdeal instead as they seem to have a new design and look, etc. They are slightly cheaper too. Do you think it might be a good idea?

autotrends.in mentioned by live2drive is a reliable site, i have bought from them twice and the product delivery was reliable and within reasonable time frame. However if you use their COD feature they charge Rs60 extra.

I don't know how these GM wipers are, but at the price they're being sold it makes good value if it lasts two monsoons atleast. The pic says that the rubber is even replaceable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 3151090)
autotrends.in mentioned by live2drive is a reliable site, i have bought from them twice and the product delivery was reliable and within reasonable time frame. However if you use their COD feature they charge Rs60 extra.

I don't know how these GM wipers are, but at the price they're being sold it makes good value if it lasts two monsoons atleast. The pic says that the rubber is even replaceable.

Right. Sure seems worth trying out. But rubber being replaceable won't help unless replacement rubber is easily available at a lower price. And the rubber does not seem to be listed for sale. Anyway, guess I'll place an order on Autotrends or Snapdeal very soon.

I agree with Sankar here. Before this, I'd ordered Osram NB's and they got them delivered to my place in reasonable time. They usually ship out the orders on the same day. I got the wipers a day after I had ordered them.

According to their website, orders can be cancelled anytime before they are shipped. They also provide refund (minus 15% as restocking fees) if the goods are returned within a week of purchase. No refunds after 7 days though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 3151090)

The 17" blade on the passenger side, an 18" blade will sit there comfortably and with enough clearance at the top.
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-p1010151.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raccoon (Post 3151127)
Right. Sure seems worth trying out. But rubber being replaceable won't help unless replacement rubber is easily available at a lower price. And the rubber does not seem to be listed for sale. Anyway, guess I'll place an order on Autotrends or Snapdeal very soon.

Wiper rubber will be available at the local parts store, coz these are replaceable then it might take the rubber available at the store. Just a hunch no concrete info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 3151168)
Wiper rubber will be available at the local parts store, coz these are replaceable then it might take the rubber available at the store. Just a hunch no concrete info.

Not here in Poona at least... and at least not in the shops in the areas I'v tried. Forget the rubber... difficult to even source the right wipers. The dealers had more than a year old wipers, opened packs, etc. As for the Maruti Dealer, as mentioned earlier, quoted almost Rs. 700 for MGP wipers, which I feel would not be worth the money at all. You could get the premium variants of Bosch or Hella for around that price. Getting only the rubber of GM (nobody had that brand) will be even more tough.

What is the brand of the wipers shown in your pic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raccoon (Post 3151176)
What is the brand of the wipers shown in your pic?

Its the Dynaedge from Hella. I posted the pic to clear the air reg 17" and 18" size option discussed in the previous page.

There has been a lot of mention of the GM brand wipers in the last few posts. Has anyone been using them for at least a month to form some opinion of their performance?

Also I there a guide to remove the existing blade. I tried to do so on my swift and was completely lost. I guess it must be pretty straightforward.

^^^See the illustrations on the Autotrends website. Seems pretty straightforward.

I got a pair of aero-esque wipers, brand is something called r10.
500bucks for a pair, and they're doing well, quite well in the rains. I pulled out a pair of Bosch ones, used for 6 months just to try them.
If they work, they're a bargain. I paid almost a grand and a half for the Bosch. And I have a feeling I got gypped.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 3151208)
I got a pair of aero-esque wipers, brand is something called r10.
500bucks for a pair, and they're doing well, quite well in the rains. I pulled out a pair of Bosch ones, used for 6 months just to try them.
If they work, they're a bargain. I paid almost a grand and a half for the Bosch. And I have a feeling I got gypped.

Haha, I am using them. R10, doing well since a month. Got them for 600/-. Indeed quite a bargain.