Team-BHP - The 'Wiper Blade' Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   The 'Wiper Blade' Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/14555-wiper-blade-thread-101.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazrox (Post 5097918)
Looking for suggestions.

Changed to 3M wipers on my Swift last Dec as the stock wiper blades started squeaking and streaking within 6 months. The 3M wipers were pretty good - there were no squeaks and was very silent. As of yesterday in heavy rain - lots of squeaking, judder and shudder. The noise just drove me nuts and my wife thought am being pedantic. Have a couple of long drives coming up and TN is forecasted to have rains. Unsure which wiper blade to pick up. I once hit the wiper stalk inadvertently at standstill when reaching for something. The windscreen was dusty and dry at the time. Maybe that spoilt the blades. The car's under covered parking always.

Consider wiping down the contract surface of the blade with a damp cloth or paper towel with a mild soap.

This should dislodge any trapped dust and help lubricate the edge of the blade a little. Another thing you want to try is to give your windscreen a good old fashioned clean. All sorts of contaminants get deposited on it through use and a little soap and water can work wonders.

If it doesn't help, then your best bet is to grab some cheap blades off boodmo or Amazon from one of the many brands recommended above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xanthor (Post 5098830)
Consider wiping down the contract surface of the blade with a damp cloth or paper towel with a mild soap.

Thanks Xanthor. Will try and report the results. I used to religiously use the 3M glass cleaner on the windscreen regularly and wipe off with a microfiber towel. And then use the clean part of the towel to wipe the blade. Of late, not doing it much (lazy lol:). Will try this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlocked (Post 4612635)
A heads up for these frameless wipers manufactured by GM Enterprises, ordered via Autotrends.in, works flawlessly, silent in operation and in my experience, they have easily lasted for more than a year. Plastic quality has also improved than a one I ordered couple of years back. Cheap as well, at 300 bucks a pair including shipping from Autotrends.

Feels good to be back on them after having a horrible experience with Bosch Eco. Unfortunately for me, they even gave me a nasty wiper sweep scratch which isn't going away.:Frustrati

These look like a replica of Bosch Clear Advantage, including the clip to hold the wipers in place!

Shifted to Bosch ClearAdvantage 24" and 16" last week. Replaced Syndicate wipers from TASS and bought the new ones on Boodmo. Negligible noise and great performance I must say. VFM too with the set costing me around INR 900 including delivery.

One suggestion - When changing wiper blades, claying the windshield will remove bonded contaminants. This will result in even better wiping and solve the judder issues as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick.cs (Post 5089350)
Got Valeo through boodmo. The only problem which i did not like was the fact that the wipers were manufactured in 2019. Had read a couple of posts back that valeo wipers available online are a little dated. Seems to be the case still. However considering that it cost me ~450 bucks went ahead and installed it. The wiper works well and gives a clean sweep without much noise.

I had ordered these too from Boodmo for my Creta & Swift and got the blades with 2019 manufacturing date. I wasn’t too comfortable in using a rubber product (especially wiper blades) which were nearly 2 years old. Hence, ordered a replacement; but to my surprise they delivered the blades from the exact same lot!!

This was inspite of me escalating to boodmo & on they assuring that they will take care in the replacement. But boodmo has always been disasterous in customer service.

Ultimately, returned those blades too & bought the ones by ‘autofurnish’ for 290/- a set, from Flipkart! So far they’re doing a decent job. Anyways, I’m OK if they last for a year of so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashvek3141 (Post 5104517)
I had ordered these too from Boodmo for my Creta & Swift and got the blades with 2019 manufacturing date. I wasn’t too comfortable in using a rubber product (especially wiper blades) which were nearly 2 years old. Hence, ordered a replacement; but to my surprise they delivered the blades from the exact same lot!!

This was inspite of me escalating to boodmo & on they assuring that they will take care in the replacement. But boodmo has always been disasterous in customer service.

Ultimately, returned those blades too & bought the ones by ‘autofurnish’ for 290/- a set, from Flipkart! So far they’re doing a decent job. Anyways, I’m OK if they last for a year of so.

As long as the packaging of the blades are intact, there is no harm in using a 2 year old wiper blade.

I find Valeo wiper blades to be better than Bosch ones in terms of less juddering after continuous use. Bosch ones tend to start skipping and juddering after using for more than 10 to 15 minutes in drizzle conditions

I too got Valeo from Boodmo last year considering they were cheaper than Bosch, however not very happy with it. My driver side wiper had a bit of judder from week 1 itself (bottom corner) which eventually got worse and the the whole wiper started juddering. The passenger side is still good.

Replaced the driver side with a Bosch clear advantage now. Lets see how this goes. If this also turns out bad, I'll go back to the Auto furnish one's which are super value for money and easily give me 1 year life.

Quote:

Ultimately, returned those blades too & bought the ones by ‘autofurnish’ for 290/- a set, from Flipkart! So far they’re doing a decent job.

I too had purchased Autofurnish brand wiper online. I used to buy products from their store directly few years back and experience was good, that and the low cost made me decide on their wipers for my Alto. However, in few months of usage, the wiper blade got torn and came off.

For the Innova Crysta, the wiper blade sizes are 26" & 16", correct?

Any recommendations for good quality wiper blades? myTVS any good?

I am fine with frame/ hybrid or frameless ones.

Please do let me know.

Thank you

Quote:

I had received the Wiper blades from the same lot and it has been a year since I have been using them. Initially, there was a judder and little bit of squeaks but now it seems to be fine.

I changed the windshield wipers on my car a couple of weeks ago. They're OEM ones changed at the service center. During a recent long drive, I noticed a peculiar problem.

The wipers operate smooth and streak-free at speeds below 70-80 kmph. Anything above that and the driver side wiper starts juddering/skipping midway through the swipe. I observed this was consistent over a 600km drive with light to medium rains.

Anyone else ever experienced something similar?
I doubt some kind of flex of the wiper blade or arm at higher speeds is causing this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashis89 (Post 5108178)
I doubt some kind of flex of the wiper blade or arm at higher speeds is causing this.

Yes this could be the reason. Are they frameless ones?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpksuhas (Post 5108183)
Yes this could be the reason. Are they frameless ones?

No, the normal frame type.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashis89 (Post 5108178)
I changed the windshield wipers on my car a couple of weeks ago. They're OEM ones changed at the service center. During a recent long drive, I noticed a peculiar problem.

The wipers operate smooth and streak-free at speeds below 70-80 kmph. Anything above that and the driver side wiper starts juddering/skipping midway through the swipe. I observed this was consistent over a 600km drive with light to medium rains.

Anyone else ever experienced something similar?

The wiper arm spring might be weak. But it is rare for this to happen in a new car since the spring becomes weak around 10 year mark.

For starters, clay the windshield and see if that reduces the judder. Next, try with a different blade on the driver side. Maybe the Bosch/Autofurnish. The cheap sub 300 rupees ones. The last resort should be to change the wiper arm.