Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2007, 19:16   #31
BHPian

hi guys!

I have got a Indica Turbo 2006. Shud i go for the stock replacement of the Air Filter.... however i dunno what this stock replacement means. Secondly will it further improve the performance of my car...as in ..mileage, pickup etc..... Thirdly i read somewhere that replacing to K&N will increase the sound of the car??
Old 7th November 2007, 21:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
hi guys!

I have got a Indica Turbo 2006. Shud i go for the stock replacement of the Air Filter.... however i dunno what this stock replacement means. Secondly will it further improve the performance of my car...as in ..mileage, pickup etc..... Thirdly i read somewhere that replacing to K&N will increase the sound of the car??
one thing for sure will increase in a diesel car like indica is the sound !!!. It will make it sound like a bomb and you will scare the *hit out of the people on the road, when you are ripping.
Old 8th November 2007, 01:22   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
hi guys!

Stock replacement means that you just have to remove your current filter and replace it with the new one without any piping mods. Open airbox plonk it in and go.
Old 7th March 2008, 04:11   #34
BHPian

I have heard by fittin K n N filter, the sound of the car changes. is tis true. I have optra 1.6. what type of filter shud i go for? does it sound wierd?

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (tis = this, shud = should, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th March 2008 at 06:29. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 7th March 2008, 07:25   #35
HPP
BHPian

K & N filters are good. They are basically saying that to you for liability reasons. They do not make a direct replacement filter that fits your application, so they do not want you to buy another one and retrofit it, only to have some issue later on and then you try to blame K & N.

If you follow what others have said here and fabricate an intake pipe which can fit a universal K & N, it will work well for you.

As far as quality is concerned, K & N is far better the Ractive. With the quality(or lack thereof) of air you guys are sucking in, I'd go for a K & N over a Ractive.

As far as the size comments, it's true that on these small motored NA cars past a certain size, it will have no further affect. But it will still be better then stock.
Old 7th March 2008, 08:01   #36
BHPian

Noise ? Nope.. IMO I feel the engine more quite. I got a replacement filter for my Optra 1.6, think the id was 33-2330, barely any performance gain but improves pickup substantially.
Old 7th March 2008, 08:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahsaurabh View Post
I agree to what Prashant said, even on K&N website, they have given a formula for selectiing your AIr filter. The formula determines the height of your air filter on the basis of your engine CC and rpm. According to the formula, my Honda Vtec should have a filter of Height 3", but the ones availabe in market are only 7". So please read the website carefully before going for K&N, cos its more of a branded product.

i just could not find the formula for calculating what size will be right for my viva, i went by the dealer's recommendation and bought myself a RE-950 conical universal air filter for my accent viva crdi, can some one put this formula here please?

this would help me in finding the right air filter size for my car.

thank you in advance.
Old 7th March 2008, 10:18   #38
BHPian

Can anybody suggest a a good filter for my M800 ? (Generally to increase the performance)
Old 7th March 2008, 11:21   #39
Senior - BHPian

Ask Arush of autopsyche

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Can anybody suggest a a good filter for my M800 ? (Generally to increase the performance)
Old 7th March 2008, 12:40   #40
Senior - BHPian

piper cross are much better filters than K&N for Indian conditons.
Old 12th March 2008, 16:04   #41

I have an extreme K&N air filter installed in my baleno 1.6. And i must admit the car breathes way better than it used to. But there isn't much increase in the power. Happy with it though.
Old 12th March 2008, 23:46   #42
BHPian

For an increase in power with a K&N filter,other mods like FFE,porting polishing,weight reduction will have to be planned...All other increase in power with just adding a K&N filter is in the head..
Old 13th March 2008, 17:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenest99 View Post
I have heard by fittin K n N filter, the sound of the car changes. is this true? does it sound wierd?
Sound of the car doesnt change since only the air filter is changed and not the end muffler.

But the intake noise increases. Noticeable slightly during low revv's and there is a highly evident grunt at high revv's. Can be irritatingly noisy in a diesel though.
Old 13th March 2008, 23:14   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffe View Post
All other increase in power with just adding a K&N filter is in the head..
That isn't the case.There is an increase in performance throughout the powerband.This *in the head* phrase isn't true.
Old 16th March 2008, 20:11   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
That isn't the case.There is an increase in performance throughout the powerband.This *in the head* phrase isn't true.
Can anyone suggest a good place in Bangalore to buy a K&N stock replacement filter?

Nirmal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks