Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What do you have on your current car?
OEM Seat Fabric 100 50.76%
After-market Fitment 45 22.84%
Leather Seats (OEM or After-market) 52 26.40%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2019, 17:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Seat Covers - Yes or No?

Deliberating whether to get art leather seat covers for my Creta. Its been a year since I bought the car, but somehow did not look at seat covers due to my earlier experience.

In my earlier car, a Rapid, I had installed Ovion art leather seats within a month of purchase since the original covers were of beige shade and my son was born in the same year, so I figured art leather would protect the seats from liquid spill etc and it did serve me well in that purpose. However, the driver seat, where you normally spend most of the time, did not really age well. In about 5 years the art leather had a very crumpled feel and it even had a few cuts here and there.

So when I bought my new car, I wasnt sure if I need to buy seat covers. And to make my decision even difficult, the stock seat covers are quite nice, grey and black, seem rather easy on the eye and blend well with the interiors. The only issue is that even a small water spill looks like a stain! Now, my son has turned 7, and I dont see any risk with fabric seat covers.
But the stain prone stock seat covers are making me rethink.

Last edited by motorworks : 18th August 2019 at 17:09.
Old 18th August 2019, 17:44   #32
BHPian

Re: Seat Covers - Yes or No?

I put in after market seats in my Creta. Creates a world of a difference in looks. The grey ones are depressing. A light color — beige will make the car airy and roomier. Easy to clean and keep shinny. But they heat up like hell.
Old 18th August 2019, 18:39   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
I put in after market seats in my Creta. Creates a world of a difference in looks. The grey ones are depressing. A light color — beige will make the car airy and roomier. Easy to clean and keep shinny. But they heat up like hell.
Anything in gurgaon would heat up quickly because of lack of covered parkings in the city. My car has covers too and is now a lot warmer on the inside.
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 23:37   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Deliberating whether to get art leather seat covers for my Creta.
I would suggest go for it.

As it's very difficult to maintain the fabric seat covers.
Plus I feel a good colour combination really makes the cabin stand out.

Have a look.
Seat Covers - Yes or No?-img_20190504_211907.jpg

Seat Covers - Yes or No?-img_20190505_102826.jpg

Do check out this thread for more details.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumba...st-mumbai.html (Hi-Tech automotive seat covers - Malad West, Mumbai)
Old 31st August 2019, 01:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Be aware of one thing when fitting seat covers. If they even move in the least (bad fitment, generic cover which is the wrong size for the seat, shape not matching etc.), after a couple of years of use they will tear and fold. The advantage of an OEM fit seat is ideally it will only face wear and tear according to your seating position and will generally last longer
Old 16th September 2019, 01:06   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Where did you get the work done in Gurgaon?
How is the heat factor?
Share pictures
Old 30th June 2021, 20:38   #37

Custom Hand Made Car Seat Covers Manufacturer Who Sells Across India

Hello Everyone,
I wanted to inform you guys about a car seat cover manufacturer here in Mumbai, who sells them not only to aftermarket accessory sellers but also to OEM manufacturers across India.
Recently I had purchased my 2021 MS Ertiga VXi CNG and was looking for car seat covers online.
That's when I stumbled across these guys.
It's a small shop in Goregaon in Cama Industrial Estate.
So when I first visited them, I was a little skeptical whether they would be able to manufacture proper seat covers or not.
To my surprise, I came to know that they manufactured seat covers and upholsteries for absolutely every car accessory shop out there in India!
So, I decided to make a video to tell everyone about their shop and I am gonna provide a link for the same here.

WHY SHOULD WE WATCH A VIDEO WHEN WE ARE HERE TO READ??

1- I want you guys to see, that when we get seat covers from a car accessory shop, where does it really come from.
2- The car accessory shop owners are getting richer by the day, whereas the ones who do a lot of work to manufacture them are struggling to make ends meet
3- Through the video, you can see the conditions in which they live and work every day.
4- The quality, the fitting, and the amazing work they do with their hands is astonishing. These guys work 12 to 14 hours each day!
5- You can see the different quality of materials they have available with them.
6- If through this medium, I can help them create a better life for themselves, and also help my fellow Team-bhpians save some money, then it is a win-win situation for everyone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks