Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2017, 05:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: Goodyear RCP-B31C Digital Air Compressor (Tyre Inflator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi stryker. I purchased the Goodyear compressor from Amazon. However there seems to an issue. I connected the compressor to my car's power adaptor. Then I screwed the hose onto the tyre valve. Then I turned on the ignition. However the display of the compressor didn't power on even after 5 minutes. When I pressed the power switch the compressor started making the noise. Even the LED light was working. But the display was not showing anything. Another issue was that as I was screwing the hose on the valve, air started escaping from the tyre. Same issue was noticed while disconnecting the hose. Is there something wrong with the compressor? I have initiated the procedure for a replacement.
What a co-incidence, I purchased the same item and I am facing exactly the same issue, my compressor just got delivered yesterday morning, today before leaving for the trip I tried filling in air and the display stopped working while filling the second tyre while the pump kept pumping. When I gave it a little tap from the side, it showed for a second and again the display stoppedreading showing any .

Secondly in my first attempt when I filled the stepney, I set the tyre pressure to 36 and during that time the display was working, it kept pumping all the way to 38, 39, 40 without cutting off. I had to switch it off manually, after that, it was the end of the display.

Initiating a return of this from Amazon right away.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 17:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Exceptional Customer Service - Roger Motors

Rewind to 2015 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
..... Purchased it after going through your review - the detachable pressure gauge is good feature.
Auto cut off feature is great.
The pump = peace of mind for last 4+ years .

In fact, filling air from fuel station was a distant memory, as the pump was took care of the work and ensured timely topping up (zero maintenance required on the pump, in fact) and was very convenient.

A couple of friends / neighbours had borrowed it and had helped a few to inflate their flat tyres so as to help them reach nearby puncture repair shop. People are unable to believe that such a small pump can do the job - they all picture the air filling device in fuel station as the one capable of doing the duty!!

On a balmy Sunday morning last month, started the regular chore of washing the car & bike and topping up air. Surprisingly, the digital gauge was stuck at 0.00 and pump didn't operate.

Even though the two year warranty was long complete, thought will get in touch with the manufacturers - Roger Car Accessories, Rajkot.

Pleasantly surprised by their reaction - they told me to check if the unit functions with the digital gauge removed (it didn't) and courier it to them for check / repair. I couriered it to them.

Within a couple of days of shipping, got a call from them stating that since the model is old and is not covered under warranty, they will send me a replacement unit as a goodwill gesture - even though it was not covered in the warranty!

The new unit came last week and is working like a charm. Amazing experience!!

Last edited by vrprabhu : 2nd March 2020 at 17:57. Reason: Inadvertently got posted before completing the post!
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks