Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2006, 23:01   #1

K&N and fuel efficiency - Suzuki Swift

Vehicle - 2005 Model Suzuki Swift 1.3
K&N Filter installed
Mileage before installation - 12.5 KMS/L (Normal Driving on highways)
Mileage after installation - 16.5 KMS/L (Normal Driving on highways)
Top speed before installation - 145 KMS/H
Top speed after installation – Not tried
Performance - Very Good without any engine tuning
Cost - Depends on what filter you use. I used Extreme Filter by K&N for best results. There are cheaper ones also

The best I got so far on gear shifts:
1st Gear = 60 - 70 KMS/H
2nd Gear = 80 - 120 KMS/H
3rd Gear = 130 - 140 KMS/H
4th Gear = the road was not enough
5th Gear =

Installed pics attached

Last edited by shuhaib : 24th February 2006 at 23:05.
Old 24th February 2006, 23:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

How much did the K&N cost you? Any idea when can we expect a stock K&N replacement filter for Swift?
Old 25th February 2006, 00:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

My Ractive filter costs just a 1000 bucks.
Old 25th February 2006, 12:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Wow, those are very impressive numbers. Were you somehow driving better cause you knew at the back of your mind that you would measure post k&N FE ? Even a minor change like better planned braking helps enormously.
The immediate benefits definitely seem attractive. The question still unanswered is the long term downsides if any - there usually is no free lunch.
Old 25th February 2006, 14:27   #5
BHPian

I was thinking on installing one for my Swift. Who supplies (and installs) genuine K&N filters in Bombay? How much would it cost? Does it really give you a performance/FE advantage? Any problems in the long run? Any warranty issues? Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Old 8th March 2006, 22:45   #6
BHPian

K & N Mumbai Dealer is FourSeason Automobile at Tardeo,Phone 24940444...contact person Mr pande.Go
ahead & install only replacement filter & not conical one.It will difinitly improve mileage with ur same driving habbit.
Old 9th March 2006, 05:04   #7
BHPian

can someone tell me the exact model number for the K & N Airfilter..i am looking for performance filters..if some one tried on swift..which ones should i look for,and what type..does K& N universal air filters work for the swift...?

i found some of them..please tell me if any of these fit the swift.which one should i go for....

(UNIVERSAL Round K&N High Flow Air Filter RA-095V KN,K&N UNIVERSAL AIR FILTER 2.25" FLANGE BY 3.5" LONG ,K & N RC-4760 Air Filter,K&N Performance Air filter RU-2520 )

Last edited by freakrz : 9th March 2006 at 05:14.
Old 10th March 2006, 04:46   #8
BHPian

i want to get Air filters from U.S..can someone suggest some performance airfilters that i get here and which will be suitable for swift.
Old 10th March 2006, 16:43   #9
BHPian

Hi ,

Even I am looking for K&N filter in B'lore. But I heard K&N stock filters for Swift are not available.

I get an mileage of around 13.5km/ltr (30-40 % of AC) on Outer Ring road with the stock filter.

I am not able to view the pics, Could you post the pics again.

Cheers,
Raps
Old 10th March 2006, 17:36   #10
BHPian

Look guys, you go to such lengths to improve mileage and performance. I drive an 800; been doing that for the last 4 years. In bombay you rarely get situations when you get to overtake someone really fast, and during office to home and (sometimes) home to office drives, you are more often than not on third gear. And still with everything just as Maruti gave em to me, I get 17-20 kmpl during my home-office-home trips everyday. So I really don't know what all this brouhaha about air filters and tuning is all about.
Only joking guys, I know how much fun a car that moves with your right foot can be.
Old 11th April 2006, 15:53   #11
BHPian

@highpriest : i think if u install any other filter other than a OE filter thats gonna void ur warranty..but pls do check wid ur dealer about this.....

i think K&N is very good.personally i don no how itl b on a car but ive installed one on my bike and its fabulous.....
Old 11th April 2006, 16:15   #12
BHPian

IS Ractive availiable in Bombay?? Which dealer n # plz..

~cheers
-Ash
Old 11th April 2006, 16:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

@shuhaib: about those performance numbers; are you kidding? there's absolutely no way that a swift would do 70 in first or 120 in second gear; the rev limiter cuts in at about 6500, at which point the car is JUST about nudging 60 or so in first, and 100+ in second.

and i also have my doubts regarding the F.E; the swift's air intake system is already pretty good as O.E; unless you get a complete free flow job, both intake and exhaust, i doubt you'll get that sort of gain. but then again, if you ARE getting that sort of F.E, good for you.
Old 11th April 2006, 16:46   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
@shuhaib: about those performance numbers; are you kidding? there's absolutely no way that a swift would do 70 in first or 120 in second gear; the rev limiter cuts in at about 6500, at which point the car is JUST about nudging 60 or so in first, and 100+ in second.

and i also have my doubts regarding the F.E; the swift's air intake system is already pretty good as O.E; unless you get a complete free flow job, both intake and exhaust, i doubt you'll get that sort of gain. but then again, if you ARE getting that sort of F.E, good for you.
I'd driven this vehicle during the last meet at Cochin, along with others. I can vouch for those second gear speed figures, rev-limiter notwithstanding. Shuaib's right about the speed.
Old 11th April 2006, 17:10   #15
Senior - BHPian

It cost him 8.5k. I have the pix in Kerala Meet. I thought the car wont go after 100 in second and I felt bad driving someones car in rash way. After my drive Shuhaib said it could go more than that :(( and I didnt get time to recheck it. One of teh fav car on tht day at the meet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks